Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Ships Ahoy - Signal Ops

Signal Ops is now available on GOG.com, offering Space Bullet Dynamics' futuristic first-person stealth/action game. A new release trailer offers a look at the game, and here is the description of what this is all about:

As an officer in the shadowy halls of Facility 7C, you remotely lead a squad of operatives on daring espionage missions. Plant evidence, steal secrets, assassinate targets, and performing sabotage for the glory of the Dark Father. Do you have enough faith to follow orders unquestioningly?

Take advantage of multiple simultaneous first person views to stealthily evade enemies or get the drop on them. With the shoddy equipment and dubiously trained agents provided to you, you’ll need all the advantages you can muster. Signal Ops blends elements of a tactical shooter, stealth, and strategy to serve up a concoction that will satisfy your refined gaming palate. With open levels, old-school sensibility, and a monitor bank blasting a full spectrum of possibilities onto your retina, Signal Ops is unlike anything you’ve played before.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Ships Ahoy - Signal Ops Apr 7, 2013, 14:53 Scheherazade

the pathing is the only gripe I have.

well, that and the lack of windowed mode and custom key binds (granted I haven't looked through the data files to see if I can customize there).

but the pathing is the only part that has interfered in the gameplay... time to time.

in any case, I dig it so far. I see it as a video game mash up of Brazil and Triplets of Belleville.

-scheherazade

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Ships Ahoy - Signal Ops Apr 6, 2013, 10:06 Prez

The concept alone makes me very interested.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

5. Re: Ships Ahoy - Signal Ops Apr 6, 2013, 09:49 SS

Well played about 45 mins. So far, I can't invert my mouse, nor configure the controls or resolution. The in-game instructions are mostly for control pads. You play as a guy watching 2 or 3 agents on a split up screen. you can switch between them at any time and give basic orders for the other characters to do. You have a radio guy who has to be connected to power, he has a radius of influence that if the other agents go outside of you lose visual contact, so you have to move him between power supplies located within the level. The other characters are a spy and some sort of soldier. You had to sneak around a town and plant evidence for the police to find.
I dont know so far. It might get fun but I was put off a bit. The movement is slow and rigid, I think it may be because the camera is actually mounted to a full body character model. Also your head clips through walls. The controls were confusing at first but I got used to it. I need to put a bit more time in.

4. Re: Ships Ahoy - Signal Ops Apr 6, 2013, 01:53 Cutter

In the words of the Dude, that's fucking interesting, man. Love that trailer with the blaring horns and ambient chatter. Take a look at the rest of the vids these guys have made, they are odd ducks to be sure.

This comment was edited on Apr 6, 2013, 02:49.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

3. Re: Ships Ahoy - Signal Ops Apr 6, 2013, 00:06 TychoCelchuuu

I've heard mixed things but I too am awaiting more opinions because this looks really neat. I love the graphics and the little bits of the world/story that I've seen so I hope the gameplay is enjoyable and not frustrating or broken.  

2. Re: Ships Ahoy - Signal Ops Apr 5, 2013, 22:09 Jerykk

Let us know if it's any good. I haven't seen any reviews of it yet but the concept looks intriguing.  

1. Re: Ships Ahoy - Signal Ops Apr 5, 2013, 22:04 SS

Might have to check this out. Looks fairly original.  

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo