Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
69 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 5, 2013, 11:06 Verno

I like the part where he thinks people only live in major urban cities. The electricity comment is really stupid, the grid is far more reliable than your average internet provider and that's not taking into account the dozen other variables like their back end and the hardware in between.

I'm far more concerned about their back end than I am mine, time has shown companies do not provision this stuff adequately in the gaming market. My 360 was no stranger to maintenance windows and outages either. It is totally unnecessary for a console to require online functionality when games do not require it, plain and simple. All it can do is introduce problems into the equation, there is no upside.

"Deal with it"

No, I'll deal with another company and encourage everyone I know to do the same. Microsoft is moronic if they think this approach to CS and PR is the right way to treat people. You can keep your Halo and Forza franchises, it's about all that's left anyway.

This comment was edited on Apr 5, 2013, 11:16.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: More Big Picture Details Apr 5, 2013, 11:05 Undocumented Alien

Yeah that is important when the electricity goes out... Power up that generator so we can continue to play games!

Being able to play games is a side effect, don't go hurting yourself.

It's easy to fix an electricity issue, much harder to fix an external internet problem.

7. Re: More Big Picture Details Apr 5, 2013, 11:01 HorrorScope

Undocumented Alien wrote on Apr 5, 2013, 10:55:
“Electricity goes out too”

That's true, Fucktard, but people also have what we call "GENERATORS", you know, the devices that can generate electricity.

During both Hurricane Sandy and the Blizzard of 2013 (in the Northeast), my kids were playing games on the Wii like their was no weather issues at all outside.

LOL that this is the comeback. Yeah that is important when the electricity goes out... Power up that generator so we can continue to play games! Top that with a hurricane being the problem. LOL yeah this all sounds really sane and important. Wow sometimes I think all those studies do have a point.

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 5, 2013, 10:55 Undocumented Alien

“Electricity goes out too”

That's true, Fucktard, but people also have what we call "GENERATORS", you know, the devices that can generate electricity.

During both Hurricane Sandy and the Blizzard of 2013 (in the Northeast), my kids were playing games on the Wii like their was no weather issues at all outside. Now, lets take that same scenario with your PoS XBOX 720, even with my generator supply "ELECTRICITY" to the house, my kids can't play because of your "always online" DRM.

Conclusion: I won't be buying your fucking XBOX, which is too bad because the Kinetics technology looked like fun, but your DRM doesn't, NO SALE. #dealwithit

Unless Sony completely fucks up, PS4 will be next purchase for kids.

5. Re: More Big Picture Details Apr 5, 2013, 10:54 HorrorScope

A BigBoy - the first thing he should be livid about and can't believe is all the extra pounds on his frame.

And who couldn't put an axe to a 360? Don't we all have one of those near original one's that are bricked and well past warranty sitting around as an even failed door stop? Yeah I have no problem destroying that on camera, no loss here.

4. Re: More Big Picture Details Apr 5, 2013, 10:50 HorrorScope

And do you really think someone has to drop the 30 FPS is good enough, 60 FPS not needed on a next-gen console? I mean really, they want to open that can of warms before release of the new systems? Now the PS4 can't handle it, I thought it was a fucking super-computer. Better yet "The perfect PC" and already it can't do 60 FPS? WTF Houston? WTF.  

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 5, 2013, 10:50 Denthor

I don't know. if it looks like a duck quacks like a duck then it prolly is a duck. the tweets are just too baiting for me.

having said that if it is genuine he is most def a massive ass hat that is totally disconnected from the user base and probably looking for work in the near future.

2. Re: More Big Picture Details Apr 5, 2013, 10:35 HorrorScope

I don't have an issue with always on as the average person here does.

But even if technically he is correct, the consumer or at least a large part of your vocal consumers hate it and they will bash your system to no end. You cannot have a PS4 that isn't and a 720 that is, the word of mouth will sway people to the PS4. To me that is what this asshat only needs to understand at this point. The technical part isn't the big one.

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Apr 5, 2013, 10:30 nin

Microsoft exec: I don't get the drama around always-on.

This guy sounds like a real asshat.

If you do this shit, I won't be buying your next console. #dealwithit

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

69 Replies. 4 pages. Viewing page 4.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo