Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Evening Tech Bits

View
3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

3. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 5, 2013, 10:07 Darks

DangerDog wrote on Apr 5, 2013, 02:35:
HP was the last handful of the big PC makers that actually had a physical presence in the market. I don't want to see them go away but I think it's too late.

You canít be serious? Have you even tried installing windows 7 on one of their newer PC? Itís a nightmare to figure it out at first. Their stupid bios are locked down so when you try to install windows 7 it will hang up on the install.

You have to set the bios on the hard drive so it will show up as a valid drive to install to as a legacy drive.

And donít call HP support. Those idiots have no idea and are completely clueless on how to get windows 7 to install. We had to figure this out all ourselves. OH and donít try to look for windows 7 drivers either.

You wonít find any on their web site. Again, we had to go to the Motherboard manufacture to get those. Thankfully the only good thing HP did was use an MSI MB. We had to go to their web site to find the drivers we needed. Totally lame!!

HP deserves what they get, and if they go under it will be by their own doing. Dell PCs are way better.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

2. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 5, 2013, 02:35 DangerDog

HP was the last handful of the big PC makers that actually had a physical presence in the market. I don't want to see them go away but I think it's too late.  

1. Re: Evening Tech Bits Apr 5, 2013, 01:49 Mashiki Amiketo

AKA: Well there chaps, I've successfully balled up this company. Time to move on to a new one, let the new guy know that I've done so well that HP will be hemorrhaging money for the next decade, if they survive that long.  
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

3 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo