Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month

Blizzard announces that BlizzCon 2013 tickets will go on sale this month in two separate batches, offering complete details in this press release. Here's word on how to score a ducat to the show:

Mark your calendars—a Blizzard is coming to Southern California! Tickets for BlizzCon® 2013 will go on sale in two batches on Wednesday, April 24 at 7 p.m. PDT and Saturday, April 27 at 10 a.m. PDT through the official BlizzCon website. In addition, a limited number of tickets to an exclusive pre-BlizzCon Benefit Dinner will go on sale Wednesday, May 1 at 7 p.m. PDT.

BlizzCon 2013 takes place November 8 and 9 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, CA, and tickets to the two-day show will be available at $175 USD each. Tickets to the Benefit Dinner (which includes admission to BlizzCon) will be priced at $500 USD each, with proceeds benefitting Children’s Hospital of Orange County. Tickets to previous BlizzCon events have sold out within minutes, so be sure to synchronize your hourglasses.

Paladins, demon hunters, and Ghosts who can’t make it to the show in person will once again have the option to enjoy BlizzCon from home by ordering a BlizzCon Virtual Ticket, offering comprehensive live coverage of the event via a multi-channel Internet stream. Further details on the Virtual Ticket, including pricing, availability, and programming information, will be announced at a later date.

View
37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

37. Re: BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month Apr 5, 2013, 07:50 Mr. Tact

InBlack wrote on Apr 5, 2013, 06:05:
Flatline wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 19:50:
It just... wasn't A-list level. Which is understandable, because the A-list devs are on Titan supposedly.
You are tripping. A-list devs left Blizzard many, many years ago. The scum that was bred on WoW is whats left.
A change in personnel doesn't necessary mean Titan won't be good. But I certainly agree Titan should be examined with a critical eye. I definitely won't be making any assumptions about it being good without seeing evidence of it.

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

36. Re: BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month Apr 5, 2013, 06:05 InBlack

Flatline wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 19:50:
Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 18:52:
Agreed, D3 was much more of a fail than SC2. SC2 was probably what most people wanted, which was really SC1.5 -- and that's what they got. SC2 wasn't terrible, I did buy it. But it just didn't manage to grab me like the original did. Plus, despite playing WoW for 6 years, I find myself in the "I want my single player games to be offline" crowd. It was "okay", a minor stumble. D3 however was a clear fail, even prior to launch. I didn't even consider buying it.

SC2 took 10 years to put out. An *expansion pack* (and please, when 90% of the functions of the game are identical and you get new maps/story mode, that's an expansion) took 3 years to put out. The human story was forgettable- Rebel against Mensk, get some psychic tuner thing, get Kerrigan, roll credits. Oh, and cameo of the chick from StarCraft: Ghost that we'll never, ever get to see, and from Zeratuul.

It just... wasn't A-list level. Which is understandable, because the A-list devs are on Titan supposedly.

You are tripping. A-list devs left Blizzard many, many years ago. The scum that was bred on WoW is whats left.

I have a nifty blue line!

35. Re: BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month Apr 4, 2013, 22:05 Cyanotetyphas

Wanted to weigh in on SC2.

Yes is took too long and the plot is boiler plate. But it is immaculately produced. RTS is a dying genre and few are as fun to play as SC2, both MP and SP.

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

34. Re: BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month Apr 4, 2013, 21:11 Darks

Boycott them, don’t do it. Don’t be lured in by their stupid little collector’s toy.  

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

33. Re: BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month Apr 4, 2013, 21:03 Krizzen

Another BlizzCon? Titan or GTFO!  

32. Re: BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month Apr 4, 2013, 19:50 Flatline

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 18:52:
Agreed, D3 was much more of a fail than SC2. SC2 was probably what most people wanted, which was really SC1.5 -- and that's what they got. SC2 wasn't terrible, I did buy it. But it just didn't manage to grab me like the original did. Plus, despite playing WoW for 6 years, I find myself in the "I want my single player games to be offline" crowd. It was "okay", a minor stumble. D3 however was a clear fail, even prior to launch. I didn't even consider buying it.

SC2 took 10 years to put out. An *expansion pack* (and please, when 90% of the functions of the game are identical and you get new maps/story mode, that's an expansion) took 3 years to put out. The human story was forgettable- Rebel against Mensk, get some psychic tuner thing, get Kerrigan, roll credits. Oh, and cameo of the chick from StarCraft: Ghost that we'll never, ever get to see, and from Zeratuul.

31. Re: BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month Apr 4, 2013, 19:34 Redmask

SC2 played it safe all the way but at least it delivered on what fans of the original wanted.  

30. Re: BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month Apr 4, 2013, 18:54 Agent.X7

MattyC wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 17:53:
Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 17:43:
I feel Blizzard is on a bit of a tumble currently with SC2

You didn't care for SC2 either? Guess we just have really different taste. I thought Wings was good and HotS great. D3 I will give you. I think I got my moneys worth with it, but I'd say that was a 70% game on release that way maybe patched into the 80% much later. Which is fine, I have played much worse, but it isn't what I expect from Blizzard.

I wasn't going to play SC2 because the first one came out so long ago that I forgot what happened. And I hate the online.

But I ended up getting it, and I like the single player a lot. (Enough to pause halfway and play the first one again to refresh my memory.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

29. Re: BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month Apr 4, 2013, 18:52 Mr. Tact

28. Re: BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month Apr 4, 2013, 18:51 Agent.X7

Verno wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 15:33:
Frijoles wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 15:08:
Tanto Edge wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 14:44:
$175 USD? WTF? Most Cons are like fifty or a hundo and these dipshits are charging as much as... $500 goddamned dollars!?!??

And it still sells out in hours, if not minutes.

Blizzard franchises have a lot of mainstream appeal and they have a long brand history, it would indicate a major problem if they didn't.

It was a combination of things -- my guild effectively died, we had stopped raiding. I was also a bit tired of the game after 6 years, I had previously taken a six month hiatus prior to the release of Cataclysm. But the killer/final straw was the announcement of Mists of Pandaria. Both the silliness of the pandas, but moreover further dumbing down of the talent system. Since I knew I had no interest in the next expansion it made it a lot easier to let my subscription lapse.

Cool. A friend of mine swears its better than Cataclysm but I'm never going back, playing one game for that long just ain't natural.

I know a lot of people who still play Counter-Strike.

I quit between expansions. I may raid a tiny bit, but I can't stand griding raids and heroics for gear. I play the content and then get out until the next one. WotLK kept me subbed until Cata, but Cata was so short in terms of new content for high level characters that I was done in 2 months. Tried to play Pandaria when it released, but GW2 was too new and I couldn't get into it. Just got a couple of free months so I am slowly working through. I spend more time in pet battles than anything though.

Of course, now that Defiance is out my time will probably expire without me even logging in.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

27. Re: BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month Apr 4, 2013, 17:53 MattyC

I feel Blizzard is on a bit of a tumble currently with SC2

You didn't care for SC2 either? Guess we just have really different taste. I thought Wings was good and HotS great. D3 I will give you. I think I got my moneys worth with it, but I'd say that was a 70% game on release that way maybe patched into the 80% much later. Which is fine, I have played much worse, but it isn't what I expect from Blizzard.

26. Re: BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month Apr 4, 2013, 17:47 Flatline

The guild dying is a big thing to get past. It is a very social game and I played it mostly with the same people for the last 3 years. Playing again and having to build up a new group is something I don't think I could muster the effort for. Plus, none of my RL friends are playing it any longer.

I look forward to finding out what Titan is. I feel Blizzard is on a bit of a tumble currently with SC2 and D3. So, I'll be cautious whatever Titan is, but I want it to be great.

Titan might be decent, as they've concentrated their A-list talent into it. SC2 and D3 are both B-list teams making A-list games.

25. Re: BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month Apr 4, 2013, 17:43 Fion

Yea Titan will probably be officially announced. Early word was that Titan was a casual game, but I think that has changed. It was initially (according to reports) because Acti/Blizz didn't want it to suck subscribers from WoW. However, I think it's been in development for ages because now that WoW has been losing subs hand over first they aren't as worried and probably heavily reworked Titan to make it WoW's replacement.

On a personal level I'm not expecting much from Titan. It'll undoubtedly be pay 2 play and I can't see myself ever paying a $15 a month fee every again after GW2, unless the game is absolutely stunningly good. It's why I haven't paid much attention to TESO, it's reportedly P2P.

This comment was edited on Apr 4, 2013, 17:50.

24. Re: BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month Apr 4, 2013, 17:43 Mr. Tact

The guild dying is a big thing to get past. It is a very social game and I played it mostly with the same people for the last 3 years. Playing again and having to build up a new group is something I don't think I could muster the effort for. Plus, none of my RL friends are playing it any longer.

I look forward to finding out what Titan is. I feel Blizzard is on a bit of a tumble currently with SC2 and D3. So, I'll be cautious whatever Titan is, but I want it to be great.

23. Re: BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month Apr 4, 2013, 17:35 MattyC

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 17:19:
Tired of game after 6 years

I am sure my taking a break for pretty much all of Cata impacted how much I like MoP. I got just far enough in that to start running heroics, realized I was done, and was more or less on break until a while after MoP launched. I think that even if someone hadn't been on break they would still feel this expansion is one of the better ones.

I wouldn't recommend you buy it, but if they give you some free time you might want to give it a try. It really renewed my interest in a game I hadn't really been that into since probably early - mid Wrath.

22. Re: BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month Apr 4, 2013, 17:19 Mr. Tact

Summarizing, in order of importance my reasons for quitting:

Guild died
Skill tree dumb down
Tired of game after 6 years
$$ spent on subscriptions and transfers
Silly pandas

21. Re: BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month Apr 4, 2013, 17:12 MattyC

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 17:00:
I listed it as a contributing factor, not the main cause. And I said the skill changes were the bigger reason. At some level you're right, cartoons are cartoons. But everything has it limits and the pandas seemed to cross the line. Remember, they actually did them as an April's Fools joke prior to this....

Ah. I misread that to be more like 50% Pandas 50% talent tree. The talent tree thing I disagreed with on principle, but in reality I haven't really noticed. In that past there was almost always a 'best' build that almost everyone stuck with (with a few relatively rare exceptions) so it didn't change much in game.

I just felt that they did a really good job this time with the instances, zones, art, music, and questing. It really felt like an expansion to me, whereas Cata felt like a lame content patch (at least the max level stuff). Some of the low level redos for Cata were excellent, but out of the higher level content I think the brief novelty of Vashj'ir and the Harrison Jones and Commander Schnottz quests are really the only fun things I remember about Cataclysm.

20. Re: BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month Apr 4, 2013, 17:00 Mr. Tact

I listed it as a contributing factor, not the main cause. And I said the skill changes were the bigger reason. At some level you're right, cartoons are cartoons. But everything has it limits and the pandas seemed to cross the line. Remember, they actually did them as an April's Fools joke prior to this....  

19. Re: BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month Apr 4, 2013, 16:43 MattyC

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 15:17:
the silliness of the pandas

I will never get this. At what point was WoW super serious? It has always had pop culture and little silly things all over it. But no, Pandas (that were in WC3) somehow ruins it? Different things for different people and all, but that seems pretty extreme.

It is still WoW, which is an old game at this point, but MoP incredible compared to Cata. I would say best expansion since TBC.

18. Re: BlizzCon 2013 Ticket Sales This Month Apr 4, 2013, 16:27 Mr. Tact

Verno wrote on Apr 4, 2013, 15:33:
Cool. A friend of mine swears its better than Cataclysm but I'm never going back, playing one game for that long just ain't natural.
Yeah, the "I've played this game long enough" was another contributing factor. As was the fact I had spent over $1,000 in subscriptions, plus more on server transfers, race changes, and faction swaps.

I heard they doubled down on dailies. That basically you have to spend your life doing dailies to keep up. The assumption being this was done to appease the "casuals". Whatever. I can't imagine anything getting me back there. Not because it isn't good or fun, just simply because I'm done with it.

37 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo