Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Tech Bits

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 4, 2013, 08:54 nin

Only use I've found for onboard GPU's is it makes a nice backup in case your video card fries.

Pretty much that, exactly. The emergency video card when the real one fries.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 4, 2013, 00:29 NegaDeath

Only use I've found for onboard GPU's is it makes a nice backup in case your video card fries. Its a shame that virtumvp software is so damn buggy as that could squeeze more value out.  

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 3, 2013, 15:34 wtf_man

LittleMe wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 15:13:
The current i7 chips have weak GPU's compared to the CPU, so they make poor gaming chips. If they had dropped one CPU core and expanded the GPU core then it would be much better balanced for gaming. It seems like they didn't benchmark actual games to correctly balance the chip, besides Farmville benchmarks.

Even that wouldn't be enough... Desktop DDR3 is a bottleneck as well. Budget Descrete cards with DDR3 don't have enough memory bandwidth either. This is why AMD APU's are going to start using GDDR5 on the motherboard as System RAM.

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 3, 2013, 15:29 Ozmodan

I would not hold my breath for a decent graphics card out of Intel. I still mock PC Salesmen that try to sell any kind of PC with an Intel graphics card. My neighbor has a fairly recent one and it would not even run minecraft for her grandkids.  

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 3, 2013, 15:13 LittleMe

Well since PC gaming is thriving and the mainstream PC market is shrinking considerably, Intel is merely adjusting their target audience.

The current i7 chips have weak GPU's compared to the CPU, so they make poor gaming chips. If they had dropped one CPU core and expanded the GPU core then it would be much better balanced for gaming. It seems like they didn't benchmark actual games to correctly balance the chip, besides Farmville benchmarks.

Political freedom can only be preceded by economic freedom which is preceded by monetary freedom.

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 3, 2013, 10:53 nin

Yeah, about as serious as the games for windows live group is about gaming...although thankfully word is out, and they seem to be getting used a lot less (even MS releases on steam seem to have dropped it for new releases).

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Apr 3, 2013, 10:25 Cutter

Shut up Intel!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo