Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Diablo III Co-Op Improvement Plans

The Diablo III website outlines co-op improvements planned for the upcoming version 1.08 patch for Diablo III. The big new feature is the addition of an XP bonus for co-op play, along with a gold and magic find bonus that exceeds the current cap. They also talk about nerfing how enemies scale with more players, adding matchmaking tags and in-game alerts, increasing wizard archon duration for assists, the addition of private chats, and more. The patch is said to be going up on the PTR for the action/RPG sequel, but does not yet carry a release window.

View
28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

28. Re: Diablo III Co-Op Improvement Plans Apr 3, 2013, 23:13 Redmask

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 22:50:
I sure did. Go look. A lot of said we were worried. You would know that if you weren't new around here.

I'm not new, I lost access to my old email. For the sake of argument though even if I was new, who cares? An older reg date on a website doesn't make you smarter, many people lurk for years without posting and it is very easy to search posts here made by people. 'eh you are new, if you want Diablo 2 go play other games'. I wanted Diablo 3 to be something like other Diablo games which is why it was called Diablo 3 and why I bought a copy. Starcraft 2 wasn't WoWified so there was no precedent to think Diablo 3 would be either and searching through some posts here doesn't reveal anyone claiming it would be outside of a few trolls who say that about anything.

Getting back to what I was saying before, Blizzard made several claims about Diablo 3 being very true to its predecessor so the idea that people 'should have known' is a misnomer and ignores evidence to the contrary. You can't blame interested gamers who had a decade of positive experiences with Blizzard titles for the game being mediocre and not living up to its predecessor, that's really on Blizzard.

I'm a pretty big fan of Blizzard games so ain't no hating going on here, Diablo 3 was just a big let down.

This comment was edited on Apr 3, 2013, 23:47.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

27. Re: Diablo III Co-Op Improvement Plans Apr 3, 2013, 22:50 xXBatmanXx

Redmask wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 22:21:
eh, you are new. Anyway. If you want d2, go play the other games that are available that "built" on that. PoE, Titan Quest, etc.

No, I'm not new, I lost access to my old email. Not like it matters because it has nothing to do with anything going on here.

You have to be a moron to think they weren't gonig to recreate WoW in the Diablo universe. They had no intention of making a true D3 and never said they were going to. On top of that, remember the first small video and screenshots? Looks exactly like WoW and we all said it did. Come on, they are going ot bleed it dry. It is ActiBlizz man. Use your head.

You never said that before release and neither did Blizzard. In fact they said the opposite, that they were going to make a game very true to Diablo 2.

I sure did. Go look. A lot of said we were worried. You would know that if you weren't new around here.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

26. Re: Diablo III Co-Op Improvement Plans Apr 3, 2013, 22:21 Redmask

eh, you are new. Anyway. If you want d2, go play the other games that are available that "built" on that. PoE, Titan Quest, etc.

No, I'm not new, I lost access to my old email. Not like it matters because it has nothing to do with anything going on here.

You have to be a moron to think they weren't gonig to recreate WoW in the Diablo universe. They had no intention of making a true D3 and never said they were going to. On top of that, remember the first small video and screenshots? Looks exactly like WoW and we all said it did. Come on, they are going ot bleed it dry. It is ActiBlizz man. Use your head.

You never said that before release and neither did Blizzard. In fact they said the opposite, that they were going to make a game very true to Diablo 2.

25. Re: Diablo III Co-Op Improvement Plans Apr 3, 2013, 20:46 xXBatmanXx

Undocumented Alien wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 11:53:
diablo3 was NEVER ever going to be "diablo2 with better graphics". diablo 3 was always going to be a different style of game with some core similarities.

Anyway. If you want d2, go play the other games that are available that "built" on that.

If it wasn't meant to be a true sequel to D1 and D2, then they should have created a different Title/Brand for it, calling it D3 is VERY disingenuous to the fan base that elevated the Diablo brand that made D3 possible.

A Title such as "Diab-WoW" or "World of Diablo" would have set the proper expectations and D1 and D2 fans would have understood that "diablo 3 was always going to be a different style of game with some core similarities" and not expected the long awaited sequel.

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

24. Re: Diablo III Co-Op Improvement Plans Apr 3, 2013, 17:17 panbient

AngelicPenguin wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 15:46:
In D3, saving never comes up as you just start the game at the end of an Act and go play whatever area you want. I suppose when you are initially going through the campaign, but that's a pretty small part of the game.

While I agree, if the campaign is such a small part of the game (and it is) why is it that Blizzard made it so that you -had- to play through it at least 3 times (if not 4-5) before you hit the level cap and unlocked Inferno and -then- started playing the REAL game? What was the point of spending all the money and resources creating those cinematics and that hokey story? For something that is ultimately irrelevant after the first go through, and freaking annoying by the time you get to the point of finally being ready to start playing the 'real' game?

A year later and it's still a mess.

23. Re: Diablo III Co-Op Improvement Plans Apr 3, 2013, 15:46 AngelicPenguin

Undocumented Alien wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 11:59:
As a working adult with a family, I'd gladly take Diablo 3's system over the others.

Personally, I'd take D1's system over both D2 and D3. I liked the "Save" anywhere capability as you didn't have to run all over the place to find a stupid waypoint to hold your current progress.

By system, I meant how you create your build. In D3, saving never comes up as you just start the game at the end of an Act and go play whatever area you want. I suppose when you are initially going through the campaign, but that's a pretty small part of the game.

22. Re: Diablo III Co-Op Improvement Plans Apr 3, 2013, 11:59 Undocumented Alien

As a working adult with a family, I'd gladly take Diablo 3's system over the others.

Personally, I'd take D1's system over both D2 and D3. I liked the "Save" anywhere capability as you didn't have to run all over the place to find a stupid waypoint to hold your current progress.

21. Re: Diablo III Co-Op Improvement Plans Apr 3, 2013, 11:53 Undocumented Alien

diablo3 was NEVER ever going to be "diablo2 with better graphics". diablo 3 was always going to be a different style of game with some core similarities.

Anyway. If you want d2, go play the other games that are available that "built" on that.

If it wasn't meant to be a true sequel to D1 and D2, then they should have created a different Title/Brand for it, calling it D3 is VERY disingenuous to the fan base that elevated the Diablo brand that made D3 possible.

A Title such as "Diab-WoW" or "World of Diablo" would have set the proper expectations and D1 and D2 fans would have understood that "diablo 3 was always going to be a different style of game with some core similarities" and not expected the long awaited sequel.

20. Re: Diablo III Co-Op Improvement Plans Apr 3, 2013, 11:28 Verno

To each his own man, its your time and money, I wouldn't begrudge you for enjoying it, everyone has different taste after all. The "working adult with a family" thing probably describes most gamers on this site though. No one wants to mindlessly spend time with little reward or end goal in sight, that's the whole problem with Diablo 3 in many respects. The problem I have with the "casual fun" defense of Diablo 3 is that you can have that in a Diablo game and still have all of the customization and depth too, they aren't mutually exclusive concepts for ARPGs. Diablo 2 did it pretty well after all and this is a sequel to that game.

I'm a pretty patient and lenient gamer, I can make a lot of excuses for a game if I can enjoy it. If they had gotten itemization right and fucked up everything else I could probably forgive that. Sadly the fucked up too many things essential to the overall game. The thing is people want Diablo to be great. No one wants a bad game that they paid for. All of the complaints and bitching reveal the issues people are having and the few sources of praise tell what little they did right. I hope they truly take feedback into account for the expansion and don't just dismiss it.

In the meantime I do appreciate them patching and supporting the product. Too many companies still don't these days after all and you have to give credit where it's due. I don't "hate" the game, that word is totally abused on the internet these days. I just think so far its been surpassed by other games due to very poor design decisions that conflict with the core of an ARPG game.

This comment was edited on Apr 3, 2013, 11:36.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

19. Re: Diablo III Co-Op Improvement Plans Apr 3, 2013, 11:04 AngelicPenguin

Verno wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 09:33:
There are simply better games to play,

I personally still prefer Diablo 3 to both TL2 and PoE, but I can understand if someone hates Diablo 3 for the changes they made.

If you are a min/maxer and loves to tweak builds until you find the perfect one, I can see how this design isn't really for you.

As a working adult with a family, I'd gladly take Diablo 3's system over the others. I can, for the most part, switch my build at the drop of a hat, login with my friends and play for a few hours, then switch it back to something else later.

I just find the game a lot of fun in short bursts with buddies. The combat is excellent, the skills have a great punch to them, and finding legendaries is fun (even if they are rarely great.)

Does it have its problems? Absolutely, and they will probably mostly get sorted out eventually.

If you hate the game, though, no problem. Every game isn't going to suite everyone. (I sort of hate PoE, too

18. Re: Diablo III Co-Op Improvement Plans Apr 3, 2013, 10:47 Necrophob

Optional nickname wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 09:13:
The reason D3 is here to stay, is because the game was tailored to the WoWtards, that have nothing to really complain about this game. This is the great divide that has put the stake in the heart for me, (the RMAH is secondary) but the utter disgrace that WoW tarnished the essence of Diablo, is what makes me sad the most.

Has anyone recently watched the Diablo 2 cinematic, or ever seen it? You know, the dark wanderer? Please review it, and see, why Diablo 3 and the Whimsyshire lolipop guild of followers, is an epic slap in the face of all proportions.

Can you tell I despise world of warcraft?

Exactly. Isn't the skill system basically what they did for Wow: Panda Express (not sure...stopped playing WoW way before that xpac came out). Dumbing down a game to the point of consolization, which at the time didn't make sense to me. But I guess it does now with D3 coming out for the PS4.

17. Re: Diablo III Co-Op Improvement Plans Apr 3, 2013, 10:41 InBlack

Optional nickname wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 09:13:
The reason D3 is here to stay, is because the game was tailored to the WoWtards, that have nothing to really complain about this game. This is the great divide that has put the stake in the heart for me, (the RMAH is secondary) but the utter disgrace that WoW tarnished the essence of Diablo, is what makes me sad the most.

Has anyone recently watched the Diablo 2 cinematic, or ever seen it? You know, the dark wanderer? Please review it, and see, why Diablo 3 and the Whimsyshire lolipop guild of followers, is an epic slap in the face of all proportions.

I agree. All the problems seem to stem from the same source.

I have a nifty blue line!

16. Re: Diablo III Co-Op Improvement Plans Apr 3, 2013, 09:33 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 07:39:

His registration date doesn't matter, that's a pretty pointless tag. I do agree though that if people want an authentic ARPG experience like Diablo 2 that they shouldn't really play Diablo 3

There are simply better games to play, Diablo 3 is sort of a failed in between that might keep people occupied for a bit but never really satisfies. It does some things right (visual polish and presentation) but unfortunately they're not the things that matter.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

15. Re: Diablo III Co-Op Improvement Plans Apr 3, 2013, 09:13 Optional nickname

14. Re: Diablo III Co-Op Improvement Plans Apr 3, 2013, 08:14 Xero

Armengar wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 04:53:
I still remember my games getting visits from bots constantly. Not so on D3 anymore.

EVEN the bots don't play Diablo 3 anymore. That's how bad it's gotten. ROFL Wiseguy

Currently playing: Skyrim

13. Re: Diablo III Co-Op Improvement Plans Apr 3, 2013, 07:39 xXBatmanXx

Redmask wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 07:06:
<sigh>
diablo2 =/= diablo3
diablo3 was NEVER ever going to be "diablo2 with better graphics". diablo 3 was always going to be a different style of game with some core similarities. I still remember my games getting visits from bots constantly. Not so on D3 anymore.

That excuse doesn't work these days and frankly never did very well. Much of the pre-release marketing was all about reassuring Diablo 2 fans, they even made videos to that effect. Bots just farm currency to use on the AH, of course they don't visit your game, they don't want to be caught.

People using the tired internet meme 'haters gonna hate' don't really get it, the game itself is the problem, not the fans. Improvements are always welcome but these are more bandaids on a shotgun wound. The game needs a drastic overhaul to fix its major underlying problems, not more XP for co-op games.

12. Re: Diablo III Co-Op Improvement Plans Apr 3, 2013, 07:35 xXBatmanXx

InBlack wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 04:14:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 01:51:
Haters gonna hate. Oh well.

I welcome imporvements and still enjoy the game from time to time.

Bats have you played any Diablo2: LoD on battle.net ever? Im guessing the answer is no. Because all of these features and many more were present in the previous game. We dont hate for hates sake. We hate because of the utter stupidity with which Blizzard destroyed its best IP and caused so much hurt to its most devoted fans.

Yup, I did, and still do. What you have to realize is that 99% of the team that made D3 didn't work on D2. Have a nice day!

Oh, and if you look at my comments the day the made mention of the AH, I said it would destroy the game - and everyone bucked me - but look, they now said it ruined the game.

The game is still great. My only legit complaint is that areas aren't random.

11. Re: Diablo III Co-Op Improvement Plans Apr 3, 2013, 07:06 Redmask

<sigh>
diablo2 =/= diablo3
diablo3 was NEVER ever going to be "diablo2 with better graphics". diablo 3 was always going to be a different style of game with some core similarities. I still remember my games getting visits from bots constantly. Not so on D3 anymore.

That excuse doesn't work these days and frankly never did very well. Much of the pre-release marketing was all about reassuring Diablo 2 fans, they even made videos to that effect. Bots just farm currency to use on the AH, of course they don't visit your game, they don't want to be caught.

People using the tired internet meme 'haters gonna hate' don't really get it, the game itself is the problem, not the fans. Improvements are always welcome but these are more bandaids on a shotgun wound. The game needs a drastic overhaul to fix its major underlying problems, not more XP for co-op games.

This comment was edited on Apr 3, 2013, 07:13.

10. Re: Diablo III Co-Op Improvement Plans Apr 3, 2013, 06:15 Julio

I still remember my games getting visits from bots constantly. Not so on D3 anymore.

There's no need for bots anymore, D3 has lost most of their player base and gold has lost tremendous value.

Personally I'm unhappy with D3 because it provided a week of playtime and had no longevity beyond that. Much less than my expectations, more in line with a budget title.

9. Re: Diablo III Co-Op Improvement Plans Apr 3, 2013, 06:04 wonkawonka

InBlack wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 05:02:
<sigh>
diablo2 =/= diablo3

diablo3 was different and worked for some people and not for others. I *did* play battle.net diablo2 . LOD was released a year after D2? I cant remember exactly as I didnt buy it on launch (unlike D2). D2 wasnt exactly multiplayer sparkling on launch either. There were just as many bots, item hacks and dupes - more so that D3 IMHO. I still remember my games getting visits from bots constantly. Not so on D3 anymore.

diablo3 was ok for me. Ive said this time and time again, for the price I paid I have more than gotten enough entertainment out of it. If you dont like it then dont play it. Indeed, haters are gonna hate.

Worst of all are the D3 defenders who love to bring up the fact that D3 isnt D2. Well DUH! Jesus fucking capital H. christ, way to miss the entire point of my post. Its not about "Diablo2 with better graphics" we didnt want Diablo2, we wanted a game built FROM Diablo2, just like Diablo2 was built from Diablo1, a game that took systems which have been perfected and tuned and then built upon those. Not a game that threw away EVERYTHING that made the Diablo games great and then decided to do its own thing ALA Diablo...if you cant resolve the point Im trying to make here then please go back to playing Diablo3.

For those who don't understand:
The market told Intel that it didn't want the built-from-scratch Itanium, but the 686.
When something works, improve it.

28 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo