Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 DLC and Patch Released

Gearbox Software announces the release of the new patch for Borderlands 2 along with the Borderlands 2: Ultimate Vault Hunters Upgrade Pack DLC. Here's what you need to know at this:

Today's an exciting day for Borderlands 2 -- the Ultimate Upgrade Pack (which allows characters to gain 11 additional levels, pick up powerful new loot and more) and a new update (containing the new Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, extra storage capacity and a variety of bug fixes) are rolling out now on Xbox 360 and Steam and very soon on PlayStation 3 as part of the next PlayStation Store update.

Details on the level cap increase, new mode and update can be found below:

Details on the Level Cap Increase
Introducing Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode
Borderlands 2 Update Notes

Don't forget there's more to come for Borderlands 2: Krieg the Psycho, a new playable character, arrives in May with the fourth campaign add-on (included in the Season Pass) hitting by the end of June!

And just in case you need some new gear to help level up, here are some celebratory SHiFT codes...

PC / Mac SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2:
K3WJT-BFBRW-S5RTT-TBBB3-9XWZ5

Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2:
KBWTB-T6XSC-JJHBF-WXBJJ-WRWKF

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2:
C3KTB-F6ZKB-KC5WJ-ZTKJ3-XC569

These codes will be active for longer than normal, but don't wait too long -- they will expire some day! To redeem, at the Borderlands 2 Main Menu select Extras then SHiFT Code.

For help and assistance with Borderlands 2 and / or SHiFT, visit support.gearboxsoftware.com

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC and Patch Released Apr 3, 2013, 21:15 xXBatmanXx

nin wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 11:22:
Loot drops so far have been pathetic, but that's par for the course for Borderlands 2. (If you have any hopes of ever seeing a Pearlescent, forget about it now. They hardly ever dropped in BL1, and BL1 was like an orgy of loot compared to the stingy BS in BL2.)

You'll have to let me know once that file you linked to (for cc) is updated, as I enjoyed tweaking the drop rates.

Thanks!

In almost 200 horus of BL2, I have only seen 5 oranges, none of which I use and they were all garbage. 2 of which are quest items that EVERYONE gets (The Firehawk Shield).

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC and Patch Released Apr 3, 2013, 21:14 xXBatmanXx

Anyone open a chest in the new mode? Was wondering if anyone has grabbed a new item with the pearlesent? quality.  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.

22. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC and Patch Released Apr 3, 2013, 18:10 Krovven

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 11:16:
If Gearbox was a restaurant or ice cream shop or whatever place that sells food as rotten as A:CM they'd be closed by the health department. There's the analogy you're looking for.

So is this a person that bought and played ACM, has played it post patch, has played Bug Hunt with friends? Do you have any hands-on experience with the game? I highly doubt it.

As with most people that continue to talk about how bad ACM is, they have never even played it, or have not played it post patch. The games visuals and Ai that everyone ripped to shit, are far better than they were at launch. While the campaign story is weak and doesn't make a lot of sense, it's still a solid jaunt coop shooter best played with other people on the hardest difficulty.

Bug Hunt, is the first DLC released and it's excellent. 3 of us that took the chance on ACM, only to be largely be disappointed, have sunk many hours into the game playing Bug Hunt. Multiplayer is also solid, Aliens control well, but sadly the Matchmaking system sucks balls and even at launch when there were people playing, it was impossible to find a game.

AvP2010 averages 66 on Metacritic. ACM averages 44. AvP2010 was fucking awful, unplayable in many ways, the campaigns were worse than ACM and was abandoned after release. Swap the score averages and things will be a bit more accurate. With Bug Hunt, I'd even bump ACM's score over the 70 mark.

With Gearbox still committed to supporting ACM post release, the game has already improved greatly. I just hope maybe some free multiplayer weekends with sales, some more people will give the coop and multiplayer a shot.

I bought BL2 at launch, skipped the DLC...and while it was better than Borderlands in many ways...I still find it quite dull and have only put 8 hours more into BL2 than I have ACM. And quite frankly, I have more fun in ACM coop than I do BL2 coop.

This comment was edited on Apr 3, 2013, 18:16.

21. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC and Patch Released Apr 3, 2013, 14:37 Creston

nin wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 11:22:
Loot drops so far have been pathetic, but that's par for the course for Borderlands 2. (If you have any hopes of ever seeing a Pearlescent, forget about it now. They hardly ever dropped in BL1, and BL1 was like an orgy of loot compared to the stingy BS in BL2.)

You'll have to let me know once that file you linked to (for cc) is updated, as I enjoyed tweaking the drop rates.

Thanks!

I checked this morning and it wasn't updated yet. It usually only takes the guy a day or so.

Really enjoying UVHM so far. Not only are the enemies tougher, but they have substantially increased numbers. It's not unusual to see 15-20 red dots on your map.

Death comes swiftly in this mode, unless you have multiple ways to heal yourself. (as in: Heal on kill, heal on damage and constant regen at once, for example.) A single hit from a bullymong rock takes my 60K shield and 70K health down to zero and ~ 200 health.

Creston

20. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC and Patch Released Apr 3, 2013, 11:22 nin

Thanks!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

19. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC and Patch Released Apr 3, 2013, 11:18 Creston

Playing with the patch right now, and UVHM is a lot of fun, but EXTREMELY hard. Basically, if you don't have a way of slagging enemies reliably, don't bother showing up. A shot from my 19K Volcano sniper rifle barely moves health bars, and it takes a full clip from my Consumate Hellfire SMG (the one that stacks fire DoTs) to kill a raider in Lion's Berg. Yet when you slag them, it's like mowing wheat.

I like it, but characters that don't have an easy slag option are going to struggle like fucking crazy, I think. Sirens plus Commandos are going to probably sail throught his, while Zerkers and Assassins will find it extremely slow going. No idea about Mechro, since I don't have her.

Loot drops so far have been pathetic, but that's par for the course for Borderlands 2. (If you have any hopes of ever seeing a Pearlescent while playing it normally, forget about it now. They hardly ever dropped in BL1, and BL1 was like an orgy of loot compared to the stingy BS in BL2.)

Creston

18. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC and Patch Released Apr 3, 2013, 11:16 Mad Max RW

I actually agree with you for the most part but your flawed analogy and crybaby white-knighting amuses me.

If Gearbox was a restaurant or ice cream shop or whatever place that sells food as rotten as A:CM they'd be closed by the health department. There's the analogy you're looking for.

17. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC and Patch Released Apr 3, 2013, 10:56 Beamer

It amazes me how a small handful of you see this like marriage. You're get so emotional.
It's business. It's corporations. They don't love you. They don't hate you. It's so mind blowing that them doing something stupid turns you into some kind of Craigslist-esque stalker. These are the kind of meltdowns a 14 year old gets when the first girl to let him hold her hand decides she wants some other guy to hold his hand.

And I'm not defending Gearbox, despite what some idiots will say. That game looked like shit all the way through. Randy never, ever says anything worth listening to. The problem is some of you idiots still pay close attention and still listen to every word he says and then let it boil over and explode into giant bits of rage that make no sense for someone no longer going through puberty.

In order for Randy to have betrayed you you had to be stupid enough to believe him in the first place.
Stop being so damn emotional.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

16. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC and Patch Released Apr 3, 2013, 10:53 Beamer

Mad Max RW wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 10:26:
Beamer wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 09:39:
A whole bunch of retarded shit

Did she spend 6 years hyping the disgusting ice cream as the best thing your taste buds will ever experience? Was there a $100 special edition pre-order with sprinkles? Did she outsource the ice cream development to a lesser known disgusting ice cream shop?

Idiot.

Maybe. Who gives a shit? That's not the ice cream I'm buying.

I'm sorry if you're too stupid, wait I'll use your words, "retarded," to make decent buying decisions. It isn't hard. If people like a game, it's probably good. If people don't like a game, it's probably good. If it's good, you should probably play it, even if the developer often makes bad games. If it's bad, you probably shouldn't play it, even if the developer often makes good games. If the developer talks about it, if there's a preview, if there's a trailer, or if there's promotional videos, you probably shouldn't watch them.

It's simple. Sorry if you're unable to determine good products from bad. I can. Therefore, I'm not going to not play good games.
I also won't buy bad games from good companies. If Valve makes a piece of garbage I won't buy it just because Valve tends to make good games. If EA makes a great game I won't avoid it just because EA often makes bad games loaded with DRM.

-------------

15. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC and Patch Released Apr 3, 2013, 10:26 Mad Max RW

Beamer wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 09:39:
A whole bunch of retarded shit

Did she spend 6 years hyping the disgusting ice cream as the best thing your taste buds will ever experience? Was there a $100 special edition pre-order with sprinkles? Did she outsource the ice cream development to a lesser known disgusting ice cream shop?

Idiot.

14. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC and Patch Released Apr 3, 2013, 10:04 Verno

Prez wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 09:27:

Hell, I had a pretty serious hate-on for Blizzard for a long time after the major screw-up that was Diablo 3, but if the next Starcraft comes out and is great (with a goddamn OFFLINE mode!) I am still getting it.

It's out and reception has been fairly lukewarm

I get what you meant though, just grinding your gears

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

13. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC and Patch Released Apr 3, 2013, 09:39 Beamer

Yeah, I'm not going to deprive myself a good gaming experience because I have some vendetta against a company for making a bad product.

One of my favorite places to get food here in town is an ice cream place owned by a woman that makes it all herself. It's all super fresh and very interesting. They're struggling, since it's a one person operation, but the ice cream is amazing.
However, they have a bread pudding flavor that has raisins in it, as she's one of those misguided souls that believes raisins belong in bread pudding. It isn't advertised as raisin bread pudding, just bread pudding, so it was a very unwelcome surprise for me.

I'm not going to stop going and getting the butter brown sugar or thai tea ice cream because one flavor she made sucked. That's stupid. I'm going to be an intelligent consumer and buy what I like and not buy what I don't, and maybe pay a bit more attention to what I buy from her. I'm not going to rage and do something that only hurts myself, like not eat the ice cream I do enjoy, because I'm some kind of idiot.
And while I may mention how much I was unhappy with the raisins when I review her on Yelp, overall I'm going to review her on what I like and not spend hours talking about how evil she is for raisins. I mean, had I just looked at the ice cream I would have seen the raisins, even though she didn't mention them they were pretty clearly there. Only someone not paying attention, as I wasn't, wouldn't have noticed those zombie walking raisins covered in bloom.

-------------

12. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC and Patch Released Apr 3, 2013, 09:27 Prez

Boycotting good games because they are made by studios that also made crap games is dumb imo. How about just boycotting the bad ones? Does Aliens sucking somehow make Borderlands less awesome?

Hell, I had a pretty serious hate-on for Blizzard for a long time after the major screw-up that was Diablo 3, but if the next Starcraft comes out and is great (with a goddamn OFFLINE mode!) I am still getting it.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

11. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC and Patch Released Apr 3, 2013, 07:53 Mad Max RW

InBlack wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 07:31:
Like they dont know that. Please. They dont deserve a single cent for any of their games, not after the A:CM fiasco. But people will forget, just like they forgot after Duke, and in a few years Gearbox will once again aquire a great IP and release a steaming pile of shit in a box. This seems to be their speciality, I consider Borderlands a fluke, or rather an exception that proves the rule.

Consumers forget but publishers do not. After what Randy Pitchford did with Sega's milestone payments Gearbox might have a harder time getting funding for whatever they are working on now. That would kill any studio fast.

10. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC and Patch Released Apr 3, 2013, 07:46 xXBatmanXx

It is Diablo/WoW Clone in FPS with guns. The formula works. It will always work. Chase the carrot is a fun game.  

9. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC and Patch Released Apr 3, 2013, 07:31 InBlack

Creston wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 01:25:
KilrathiAce wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 01:14:
Dont forget Gearbox brought u aliens colonial marine. Up to you if you choose to forgive them fully and just forget about it. If you dont punish them for it by not buying any new stuff from them then you basically say its ok you can release crap games and we totally forgive you.

So they release an awesome game in Borderlands 2, and a shitty one in Colonial Marines, and because Colonial Marines was shitty you're not supposed to buy Borderlands 2 stuff, even if you really enjoy it? I fail to see the logic here.

DON'T buy Colonial Marines, DO buy Borderlands 2, and you'll send them the message that when they make a good game, it'll sell.

Creston

Like they dont know that. Please. They dont deserve a single cent for any of their games, not after the A:CM fiasco. But people will forget, just like they forgot after Duke, and in a few years Gearbox will once again aquire a great IP and release a steaming pile of shit in a box. This seems to be their speciality, I consider Borderlands a fluke, or rather an exception that proves the rule.

I have a nifty blue line!

8. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC and Patch Released Apr 3, 2013, 01:54 xXBatmanXx

Just finished up the Pirate DLC for 2nd time on 2nd Playthrough, but also just progressed past the point of Santuary moving. So At level 47 at 2nd playthrough, I am happy with where I am at with my Assassin. Having fun again and look forward to the 2 other DLCs that I haven't even found yet.

Clicking off challanges and cheevos as I go.

7. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC and Patch Released Apr 3, 2013, 01:25 Creston

KilrathiAce wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 01:14:
Dont forget Gearbox brought u aliens colonial marine. Up to you if you choose to forgive them fully and just forget about it. If you dont punish them for it by not buying any new stuff from them then you basically say its ok you can release crap games and we totally forgive you.

So they release an awesome game in Borderlands 2, and a shitty one in Colonial Marines, and because Colonial Marines was shitty you're not supposed to buy Borderlands 2 stuff, even if you really enjoy it? I fail to see the logic here.

DON'T buy Colonial Marines, DO buy Borderlands 2, and you'll send them the message that when they make a good game, it'll sell.

Creston

6. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC and Patch Released Apr 3, 2013, 01:21 Fion

I'm personally glad I got the season pass. I've enjoyed the DLC released so far. It hasn't been quite so good as BL1 stuff but still good. This is minor, the JUNE DLC will supposedly by the biggest they've ever done, and it'll be free to season pass purchasers. I cant wait.  

5. Re: Borderlands 2 DLC and Patch Released Apr 3, 2013, 01:14 KilrathiAce

"On 2646.215 I myself attacked & destroyed TCS Tiger's Claw in my Jalthi heavy fighter"
Bakhtosh Redclaw Nar Kiranka

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo