Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Most elaborate April Fool's gag of yesterday goes to the New York Mets, who spent the afternoon trying to fool us that they are a contender. Nice try guys, but as the old saying goes, fool me 51 times, shame on you. Fool me 52 times... Okay, I exaggerate, but as I've noted before, this is their best trick, as with all of 22 winning seasons in the books, the Metsies have the best opening day record in baseball history at 34-18 (even more remarkably, they are 34-10 after losing their first eight openers), and they have won 20 of their last 22 home openers. The lesson here? I'm going to enjoy them being in first place while it lasts.

First Place Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Piggy Wiggy Seasons.
Stories: April Fools Day: 10 stories that look like pranks but aren't. Thanks brother19.
CW Premiere Dates Including the New Whose Line Is It Anyway.
Media: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4 Trailer.
Epic Backwards Prank In Times Square.
Iron Man 3: Chinese trailer (Taiwanese parody).

View
48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

8. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2013, 10:38 scarlet

I would have added Obamacare as "April Fools pranks, but aren't".

http://tinyurl.com/dxy8a2l

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2013, 10:38 Verno

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 2, 2013, 09:55:
Hockey? Oh, you mean that boxing on ice. Yeah, I don't care for that either. Seems okay during the Olympics though..

Fighting is a very insignificant part of hockey overall, though obviously it represents some machismo appeal for certain fans. The overall increase in size of players and general thuggery is a bigger complaint IMHO but I don't watch very much anymore due to the constant strikes and expansion issues.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

6. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2013, 10:36 Beamer

Yup. And it's reasons like that hockey has made bad decisions to get away from fighting.

Not sure what people have against it, and it's just made the game sneakier. But yeah, fighting rarely happens these days, so "boxing on ice" is kind of a very dumb way to describe it.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

5. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2013, 10:32 mch

Yep ignorant comment of the day right there.  
PSN: CaseDesignate

4. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2013, 09:58 RollinThundr

Mr. Tact wrote on Apr 2, 2013, 09:55:
Hockey? Oh, you mean that boxing on ice. Yeah, I don't care for that either. Seems okay during the Olympics though..

Watch a hockey game then comment. Most games don't have any fights in them at all.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2013, 09:55 Mr. Tact

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2013, 09:53 Verno

Yeah the strike really killed my enthusiasm for the game too. I used to play and follow it pretty actively but gave it up for other sports after they pulled that horseshit. Don't even get me started on hockey, 3 strikes in what, 20 years? Unbelievable.  

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

1. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2013, 09:32 Mr. Tact

Baseball is so busted. ARod is going to make more than the entire Houston Astros lineup this year. Then again, what do I care? I gave up on baseball after the 1994 strike. Haven't forgiven them yet...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo