Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

Most elaborate April Fool's gag of yesterday goes to the New York Mets, who spent the afternoon trying to fool us that they are a contender. Nice try guys, but as the old saying goes, fool me 51 times, shame on you. Fool me 52 times... Okay, I exaggerate, but as I've noted before, this is their best trick, as with all of 22 winning seasons in the books, the Metsies have the best opening day record in baseball history at 34-18 (even more remarkably, they are 34-10 after losing their first eight openers), and they have won 20 of their last 22 home openers. The lesson here? I'm going to enjoy them being in first place while it lasts.

First Place Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Piggy Wiggy Seasons.
Stories: April Fools Day: 10 stories that look like pranks but aren't. Thanks brother19.
CW Premiere Dates Including the New Whose Line Is It Anyway.
Media: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4 Trailer.
Epic Backwards Prank In Times Square.
Iron Man 3: Chinese trailer (Taiwanese parody).

View
48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

48. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 3, 2013, 11:41 RollinThundr

Verno wrote on Apr 3, 2013, 11:15:
Cutter wrote on Apr 2, 2013, 20:48:
So you love gratuitous violence for violence sake, huh? I guess you think things like Sandy Hook were amazing entertainment value then.

Weren't you participating in a football pool with the rest of us? A full contact sport that is no stranger to violence, both controlled and otherwise. Very hypocritical dude.

Well that's different because Cutter likes football but not hockey. The idea that anyone would compare a hockey fight to Sandy Hook in the first place speaks large volumes to one's level of common sense.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

47. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 3, 2013, 11:15 Verno

So you love gratuitous violence for violence sake, huh? I guess you think things like Sandy Hook were amazing entertainment value then.

Weren't you participating in a football pool with the rest of us? A full contact sport that is no stranger to violence, both controlled and otherwise. Very hypocritical dude.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

46. removed Apr 3, 2013, 09:58 RollinThundr

* REMOVED *
This comment was deleted on Apr 3, 2013, 10:42.

45. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 3, 2013, 09:11 Mr. Tact

Well, this went stupid since my last contribution yesterday afternoon. Time to move on...  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

44. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 3, 2013, 07:24 InBlack

Well I was going to add something to the discussion but the invocation of Godwin's law clearly forbids me to add anything of relevance.  

I have a nifty blue line!

43. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 3, 2013, 07:08 Redmask

When he went straight to Sandy Hook from Hockey Fights, the only obvious conclusion for this was Nazi Germany  

42. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 3, 2013, 06:49  Blue 

Redmask wrote on Apr 2, 2013, 22:28:
You love making irrational statements based on emotional supposition and personal biases, I guess you must have enjoyed Adolf Hitler then.

And thank you Godwin's Law for putting an end it.

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

41. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2013, 22:28 Redmask

You love making irrational statements based on emotional supposition and personal biases, I guess you must have enjoyed Adolf Hitler then.

Yep.

40. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2013, 21:25 NegaDeath

Cutter wrote on Apr 2, 2013, 19:40:
Sigh, you missed the point entirely as I knew you would. And again, you've just proven yet another point.

Love you too buddy.

Apparently there's a really good tickle fight league over in Europe somewhere, you might want to check that out instead. I heard the previous Cuddlewuddles vs Oopsykins match was a real barn burner. Though one guy was caught using an illegal feather and got a game misconduct. I guess every sport has their goons.

39. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2013, 20:54 Sepharo

Wow tone it down there guy. Apparently if anyone likes violence in sports (any player-player contact really) they enjoy school shootings. Fuckin nut.

38. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2013, 20:48 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

37. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2013, 20:39 TurdFergasun

I'm pro hockey fighting, and licensed reproduction. Perhaps if Sidney Crosby was aborted for a more viable/physically capable, less concussion prone fetus we wouldn't be having this conversation.

I've heard idiots on the cbc talk about introducing legal penalties for fighting in hockey, what utter retardery. Should we penalize UFC fighters who make their opponents bleed with aggravated assault? Hopefully in the future we can all just enjoy pillow fights, non gender specific competitive activities and non fat soy lattes.

More people really ought to get hysterectomies, there won't be any dangerous activities left in the world at this rate, save for needing medical attention in the US.

36. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2013, 19:59 mch

I also think Goon was a pretty entertaining movie. Hope they don't fuck up the sequel but yeah who am I kidding?  
PSN: CaseDesignate

35. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2013, 19:40 Cutter

NegaDeath wrote on Apr 2, 2013, 18:40:
Cutter wrote on Apr 2, 2013, 17:27:
Wow, that's about one of the saddest, most pathetic things I've ever heard. Thank's again for illustrating why I have zero faith in our species surviving too much longer. If the government doesn't start licensing reproduction it's pretty much over in that case.

Clearly you must be some form of advanced hominid who doesn't enjoy violence. Kudos to you Homo Superior.

Seriously, licensing reproduction over hockey fights? Nice overreaction there buttercup.

Sigh, you missed the point entirely as I knew you would. And again, you've just proven yet another point.

34. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2013, 19:31 1badmf

Go Kings Go! *ducks bandwagon comments*

and there ain't nothin wrong with fighting in hockey. as odd as it may sound, it's not a violence thing at all. in most fights it's a teamwork and energy thing, and dudes that do it probably much much more respect for each other than anger, especially afterwards. and nobody ever gets hurt except for like once when i saw a guy fall and hit his head. cutter seriously needs to get off his high horse on this one. that playoff series between the redwings and Avs when Roy and (i htink it was) Osgood tangled at center ice was one of the best things i've ever seen.

33. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2013, 19:06  Blue 

NegaDeath wrote on Apr 2, 2013, 18:40:
Clearly you must be some form of advanced hominid who doesn't enjoy violence. Kudos to you Homo Superior.

A hundred quatloos on the newcomers!

Stephen "Blue" Heaslip
Blue's News Publisher, Editor-in-Chief, El Presidente for Life

32. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2013, 18:40 NegaDeath

Wow, that's about one of the saddest, most pathetic things I've ever heard. Thank's again for illustrating why I have zero faith in our species surviving too much longer. If the government doesn't start licensing reproduction it's pretty much over in that case.

Seriously, licensing reproduction over hockey fights? Nice overreaction there buttercup.

31. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2013, 18:06 Redmask

Yeah those two concepts are definitely related Rolleyes

It's a sports fight, not a treatise on interspecies violence through weapons of mass destruction.

30. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2013, 17:49 PHJF

Yes because suppressing our most primal instincts instead of allowing them release in controlled conditions is such a great idea. A fist fight ain't the end a the fucking world.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

29. Re: Out of the Blue Apr 2, 2013, 17:27 Cutter

NegaDeath wrote on Apr 2, 2013, 17:10:
Honestly I'd enjoy hockey less if fighting was taken away entirely. Its only a small part but the energy it can bring to a game is unmatched by any other sport I've watched. Right now I think the balance is decent though it seems like cheap shots are higher now (can't back that up though). The greatest game I ever saw in person was a local minor league game. The two teams had a bitter rivalry, the entire game was fast, hard hitting and very tight scoring. Fans were on the edges of their seats it was so enjoyable. By the end the two teams had had enough of each other and both lines on the ice started a brawl. The audience erupted in cheer when the two goalies looked at each other, nodded and skated towards each other to join in. When they were done the winner helped the loser onto their feet, they shook hands and headed towards their respective benches. Never heard an audience cheer that hard in that building. That was probably a once in a lifetime event for me (in terms of live games) but it'll be a long time before I forget it. That's my nickel anyways (I'd say two cents but we dropped the penny up here)

48 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo