Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

April F-f-f-foolin' 2013, Part 2 - Punked by Square Enix Edition

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: April F-f-f-foolin' 2013, Part 2 - Punked by Square Enix Edition Apr 2, 2013, 11:48 Creston

I gotta admit, the Human Defiance video is pretty damn funny. But I'm still damn disappointed there's still no sign of a new Deus Ex game.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: April F-f-f-foolin', Part 2 - Punked by Square Enix Edition Apr 1, 2013, 19:23 Panickd

nin wrote on Apr 1, 2013, 17:47:
Panickd wrote on Apr 1, 2013, 17:43:
The best April Fool's thing I have seen so far (not necessarily in the "it fooled me" department) was the Thinkgeek Eye of Sauron desk lamp. I hope they make that for real!

I wonder what other countries must think of this shit though. Surely not everyone knows about or celebrates this retarded half-holiday.

thinkgeek always has cool stuff for April 1st. I liked the batman vinyl sticker and the trench run beanbag deal...

I love that some of their April fools stuff become real products too. I like the Batman family stickers but they may be too grim to do for real (although I would happily put them on my car). Every year they seem to come up with something that you think, "maybe..."

24. Re: April F-f-f-foolin', Part 2 - Punked by Square Enix Edition Apr 1, 2013, 19:00 Rea1One

Deus Ex HD was leaked days before April fools and then brought out that it was a joke which by the way its the Tuesday April 2nd here right now where I live so its not funny at all just lame really..

This comment was edited on Apr 1, 2013, 19:25.

23. Re: April F-f-f-foolin', Part 2 - Punked by Square Enix Edition Apr 1, 2013, 18:55 Bill Borre

And for James Holmes..."Justice is Death!"...April Fools! We'll take a plea bargain!  

22. Re: April F-f-f-foolin', Part 2 - Punked by Square Enix Edition Apr 1, 2013, 18:52 Cutter

Still, the best April Fool's gag had to be the BK "left-handed" whopper. Lefties coming in asking for it, other people getting angry and demanding a right-handed one. Lol!

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

21. Re: April F-f-f-foolin', Part 2 - Punked by Square Enix Edition Apr 1, 2013, 17:47 nin

Panickd wrote on Apr 1, 2013, 17:43:
The best April Fool's thing I have seen so far (not necessarily in the "it fooled me" department) was the Thinkgeek Eye of Sauron desk lamp. I hope they make that for real!

I wonder what other countries must think of this shit though. Surely not everyone knows about or celebrates this retarded half-holiday.

thinkgeek always has cool stuff for April 1st. I liked the batman vinyl sticker and the trench run beanbag deal...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

20. Re: April F-f-f-foolin', Part 2 - Punked by Square Enix Edition Apr 1, 2013, 17:43 Panickd

19. Re: April F-f-f-foolin', Part 2 - Punked by Square Enix Edition Apr 1, 2013, 17:12 jdreyer

TangledThorns wrote on Apr 1, 2013, 13:45:
The Human Defiance joke was pretty lame since they teased it yesterday.
I didn't see the teaser, so I thought it was pretty funny. I love the 8 bit spoof bc that's a trend I don't really like.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

18. Re: April F-f-f-foolin', Part 2 - Punked by Square Enix Edition Apr 1, 2013, 17:03 walrus1

Yeah I'm pretty pissed too! They've been really quiet about new stuff and then boom they say their going to announce a new game. Very very poor taste.  

17. Re: April F-f-f-foolin', Part 2 - Punked by Square Enix Edition Apr 1, 2013, 15:41 xXBatmanXx

April Fools' Day at the White House.

Ha, should put that much effort into creating a budget...Sir....

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

16. Re: April F-f-f-foolin', Part 2 - Punked by Square Enix Edition Apr 1, 2013, 15:10 Sho

Yeah, me too. They wouldn't have these people doing Deus Ex-themed AF jokes if they weren't still working on DE stuff.  

15. Re: April F-f-f-foolin', Part 2 - Punked by Square Enix Edition Apr 1, 2013, 15:09 Rattlehead

lol@ the Deus Ex, what a kick in the nuts. Even though this is April Fool's I am pretty sure a sequel is in the works.  

14. Re: April F-f-f-foolin', Part 2 - Punked by Square Enix Edition Apr 1, 2013, 15:01 Beamer

The DE thing is annoying to people because they hyped a new game.
Had they simply put this video on the internet, as most companies do, people would be laughing rather than feeling duped.

I don't much care. I'll take a new game when it comes, and I'll ignore all the endlessly unfunny AFD jokes.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

13. Re: April F-f-f-foolin', Part 2 - Punked by Square Enix Edition Apr 1, 2013, 14:51 Sho

But if you're craving more it's because the last serving was good, so wouldn't you rather laugh with the cooks than be pissed at them? That's kind of the point, I care about Deus Ex myself, and the people who made this gag seem like they care too, so it's all good ... I might be more pissed off at the lack of competence if I didn't have so much goodwill toward them, but even then it's just an April's Fools.  

12. Re: April F-f-f-foolin', Part 2 - Punked by Square Enix Edition Apr 1, 2013, 14:47 Raven

I suppose the Deus Ex thing is upsetting because people genuinely crave another game in the franchise. I can also understand the people upset with Google, that they have time to work on these high-quality gags, but can't figure out where they are going with Google Local or how to gracefully monetize Google Reader.  

11. Re: April F-f-f-foolin', Part 2 - Punked by Square Enix Edition Apr 1, 2013, 14:41 Steele Johnson

C'mon you bunch of wusses! Suck up April Fool's, you bunch of party poopers. What, are you pissed that you got fooled? That's what it's all about, you sissies!  

10. Re: April F-f-f-foolin', Part 2 - Punked by Square Enix Edition Apr 1, 2013, 14:40 jacobvandy

Suckas!  

9. Re: April F-f-f-foolin', Part 2 - Punked by Square Enix Edition Apr 1, 2013, 14:40 Sho

Rhino wrote on Apr 1, 2013, 14:36:
It has nothing to do with "entitled". Nobody here claims to be entitled, acts entitled, and this is nothing more than you tossing out the word for no other reason than you feel differently.

I'll admit it's a hypothetical since I missed out on the premature tease, but I'd like to think that I'd still have rolled with it and tried to get some entertainment out of the devs of one of the best games of the last few years poking fun at themselves. Makes my day better than being pissed off at an imperfectly deployed friggin' April's Fools gag. It's that contrast in attitude that has me puzzled.

8. Re: April F-f-f-foolin', Part 2 - Punked by Square Enix Edition Apr 1, 2013, 14:38 Frags4Fun

I just got done washing my Gigabyte GTX 680 OC Windforce X3 like the picture showed and the PC won't boot. I wonder if he used some special soap. /:  

7. Re: April F-f-f-foolin', Part 2 - Punked by Square Enix Edition Apr 1, 2013, 14:36 Rhino

Sho wrote on Apr 1, 2013, 14:07:
Geez, people feel entitled enough to bitch about an April's Fools not living up to their expectations now?

I came in cold and thought it was pretty well-done. Heck, I'd play it ...

It has nothing to do with "entitled". Nobody here claims to be entitled, acts entitled, and this is nothing more than you tossing out the word for no other reason than you feel differently. Most here are pointing out out that it was a lame joke because the setup and teasing came on not-April Fool's Day. Imagine throwing somebody a surprise birthday party a week or so before the birthday: true, the person would be surprised, but the fact that the party was being deliberately thrown on the wrong day makes the 'surprise' kind of a cheap one. At that point nobody would have had to an effort into keeping the secret, which is part of the fun. In much the same vein the impact of the joke, here, is lessened as the setup was very cheap: you can fool anybody with an April Fool's gag if you don't hold it on April 1st, but primarily on a different day, even if that day was close at hand.

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo