Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Hardware Debut Trailer

This trailer offers a first look at Hardware, an upcoming sci-fi RTS game from Blackbird Interactive, a developer formed by Rob Cunningham, Aaron Kambeitz, and other veterans of Relic's development of Homeworld. Here's word on the game: "Long March Industries (LMI) is a ruthless interstellar megacorporation that owns all rights to LM-27, a mysterious and hostile desert planet littered with the buried wrecks of ancient starships. LMI oversees a galactic gold-rush as prospectors and fortune seekers converge on LM-27 in search of the untold riches buried in its burning sands. In this persistent multiplayer game, players command a fleet of massive vehicles as they explore, salvage and fight for fortune and survival in the world’s first planetary-scale social strategy game." In an interview earlier this year on Rock, Paper, Shotgun it was mentioned the closed beta for the game would begin this month.

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Social rts.. bleh bleh bleh Apr 1, 2013, 01:40 eRe4s3r

the world’s first planetary-scale social strategy game

So we are back to kickstarter for the last hope of a Homeworld 3, right? Because these clowns obviously don't get why we liked them or their games (hint: It wasn't the music and art-style), we don't want random unrelated crap that looks like Homeworld on the surface but is nothing but shallow mmo freemium rts nonsense. We want HOMEWORLD 3

Nothing less, and nothing more. And anything with social in it's name automatically means it's gonna be total suckage. SP campaign with story is what made Homeworld 1 and 2 great. What did not make it great was it's silly MP skirmish which was only actually fun once a Modder made COMPLEX 8.

Sigh, why.. why do these people not make what we want to play.

Also, do you want to cringe?

Free to play? MP only?
Rob Cunningham: Yeah it’s going to be free to play and there’s going to be multiplayer in there.

(asked how much Homeworld is in this)
Rob Cunningham: Well they’re both science fiction RTS games but the answer to how much of Homeworld is in Hardware is... not that much

So yeah, who the hell cares, another wanna be pay to win MMO rts that sucks and doesn't do anything that we actually want. Great.. continue on, back to Kickstarter it is... bleh

Seriously, I am only rarely that disappointed in a developer that early in a games life. So sad, I want Homeworld 3, I would FUND Homeworld 3. Give me Homeworld 3

This comment was edited on Apr 1, 2013, 01:48.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Hardware Debut Trailer Mar 31, 2013, 22:31 SpectralMeat

ffs sigh  

Steam: SpectralMeat

5. Re: Hardware Debut Trailer Mar 31, 2013, 21:42 Cutter

Parias wrote on Mar 31, 2013, 20:53:
I was incredibly excited for this until I read "persistent multiplayer game" -- is this not going to have a singleplayer storyline?

Sounds like online only multiplayer "freemium" game. Pass.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

4. Re: Hardware Debut Trailer Mar 31, 2013, 21:21 siapnar

Nate wrote on Mar 31, 2013, 19:56:
Social
This pretty much says it all.

I have projectile dysfunction.

3. Re: Hardware Debut Trailer Mar 31, 2013, 20:53 Parias

I was incredibly excited for this until I read "persistent multiplayer game" -- is this not going to have a singleplayer storyline?  

2. Re: Hardware Debut Trailer Mar 31, 2013, 19:56 Nate

Social strategy game = RTS?  

1. Re: Hardware Debut Trailer Mar 31, 2013, 16:10 jdreyer

It would be cool if the whole game was done in that impressionistic art style. Too bad we didn't see any gameplay footage. Struck me as kind of, Borderlands: the RTS.  

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo