Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Thief Teaser Trailer

A 30 second trailer from the upcoming Thief game teases more information on the stealth revival next week, as it concludes saying "04.02.13 What's Yours is Mine." The clip just shows a candle being snuffed, but it is noted that this is in-game footage.

View
19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

19. Re: Thief Teaser Trailer Mar 29, 2013, 07:07 dj LiTh

30s trailer? More like 8 seconds  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

18. Re: Thief Teaser Trailer Mar 29, 2013, 06:40 Fantaz

I'm starting to see why this game was delayed...  

17. Re: Thief Teaser Trailer Mar 29, 2013, 05:18 Quinn

Wow. That was cheap.

I also HATE -- yes, HATE! -- the fact that Garrett now looks like a ninja on crack.

Fuck this T_T

EDIT: PS.. Cutter.. I laughed my ass off haha XD

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

16. Re: Thief Teaser Trailer Mar 29, 2013, 05:09 Raptor

In case someone wants to see the mentality behind this game then the below video gives a good overview I believe:
Here
Oh, how I dislike that studio.

"Moar action!", "Streamline!" etc.
The character designer's text is a dead giveaway of what this game will be aimed at.

15. Re: Thief Teaser Trailer Mar 29, 2013, 00:31 selection7

A simple snuffing of a candle certainly doesn't sound like the way you market an overly consolized action game version of Thief. So there's some hope.  

14. Re: Thief Teaser Trailer Mar 28, 2013, 23:51 netnerd85

Bradley wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 21:13:
netnerd85 wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 21:00:
You won't be able to. Press E/F to turn off the light... done many times. No different.

I heard it was coming with a realistic usb candle controller that you actually have to light and snuff out (real fire!). Of course they are screwing you on the wax DRM. You can only buy them from the game store for a huge markup and they are chipped so you can't use any old ordinary wax.
Lol Giggle

13. Re: Thief Teaser Trailer Mar 28, 2013, 22:49 Jerykk

Do we really need trailers for trailers..? Marketing goes a bit a overboard these days. No wonder the big publishers are all suffering. When they spend $20-40 million on development and three times as much on marketing, it's going to be tough to make a profit.

Anyway, I haven't seen enough to make any judgment on the new Thief. The art style and premise are a bit too similar to Dishonored for my taste but if they deliver the strong stealth gameplay the series is known for, I'm okay with it. I'm hoping the trailer is actually a gameplay walkthrough.

12. Re: Thief Teaser Trailer Mar 28, 2013, 22:38 siapnar

Like I said, out of context it's really cool.

But then again, I never played a Thief game all the way through, so I don't have a previous attitude towards the art direction.

I have projectile dysfunction.

11. Re: Thief Teaser Trailer Mar 28, 2013, 22:09 Burrito of Peace

siapnar wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 21:41:
Gotta say, that image before playing the video is really fucking cool.

Contrawise, I think it looks like shit and absolutely nothing like Garret or the world in which he exists.

Or were you saying you liked the image after stripping away the ridiculous idea that it should be part of Thief?

10. Re: Thief Teaser Trailer Mar 28, 2013, 21:41 siapnar

Gotta say, that image before playing the video is really fucking cool.
Just out of context.

EDIT: Found it @ 1080p: http://desktopwallpaperz.com/wallpapers/pc_games_thief_4_artwork-1920x1080.jpg

This comment was edited on Mar 28, 2013, 21:46.

I have projectile dysfunction.

9. Re: Thief Teaser Trailer Mar 28, 2013, 21:13 Bradley

netnerd85 wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 21:00:
You won't be able to. Press E/F to turn off the light... done many times. No different.

I heard it was coming with a realistic usb candle controller that you actually have to light and snuff out (real fire!). Of course they are screwing you on the wax DRM. You can only buy them from the game store for a huge markup and they are chipped so you can't use any old ordinary wax.

8. Re: Thief Teaser Trailer Mar 28, 2013, 21:00 netnerd85

Axis wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 20:26:
I know of NO other game that allows you to touch flame and put it out....

7. Re: Thief Teaser Trailer Mar 28, 2013, 20:26 Axis

I know of NO other game that allows you to touch flame and put it out....  

Yours truly,

Axis

6. Re: Thief Teaser Trailer Mar 28, 2013, 20:21 Cutter

...And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O LORD, bless this Thy hand grenade that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the LORD did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats and large chu...And the LORD spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who being naughty in My sight, shall snuff it."

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: Thief Teaser Trailer Mar 28, 2013, 20:09 Acleacius

Bastards, thought the game was being released on 4/2/2013.  
The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

4. Re: Thief Teaser Trailer Mar 28, 2013, 20:03 netnerd85

That was shit.  

3. Re: Thief Teaser Trailer Mar 28, 2013, 19:54 mellis

This isn't Thief though is it? It's a 'stealth fps' in Victorian London with the same name. Garret looks like some sort of Vampire ninja...

"[...] My heart it ceases, my breath undrawn.
My eyes forever focused on the sanguine metal dawn."

- Thief 2; man that was a good game. RIP Looking Glass.

2. Re: Thief Teaser Trailer Mar 28, 2013, 19:51 Tanto Edge

At least it didn't have black nail polish.  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge

19 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo