Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

New Assassin's Creed and New Splinter Cell in Development

Ubisoft Toronto is already working with Ubisoft Montreal on the next installment in the Assassin's Creed series to follow Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, since Black Flag is already old news after being announced last month. There's word on this on Polygon, who discussed the series with Jade Raymond, though as expected things are pretty vague with the release of Assassin's Creed IV still months away. "The thing that's great to me is that there is still some of my favorite people who, you know, we were in the trenches shipping that first one," she told them. "We lived through all of that stuff together and some of those guys are still on the franchise and have been there. So it's a just for me to work with some of those people again." She tells them her studio has five projects charted out to follow Splinter Cell: Blacklist, one of which will also be a new Splinter Cell game. Whether intended or not, the explanation of their myriad plans is a little muddy. Here's how they lay it out:

In all, the studio has charted out five titles that they will be working on once they ship Blacklist.

"We have two big collaborations coming that we're not talking about, on two of the biggest franchises at Ubisoft," Raymond said. "We also have two new IP."

The fifth will be within the Splinter Cell brand, she said.

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: New Assassin's Creed and New Splinter Cell in Development Mar 30, 2013, 17:11 Fantaz

Rhett wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 19:27:
Got sick of AssCreed at Revelations, and I can't believe they're doing that to Splinter Cell.. Ugh...

They should just go the Madden route adding a year next to the name, calling it Splinter Cell 2013, Splinter Cell 2014, etc. Yeah!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: New Assassin's Creed and New Splinter Cell in Development Mar 29, 2013, 00:06 saluk

Redmask wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 18:11:
I played Assassins Creed 2 but skipped Brotherhood and the other one, am I ok to pick up the third one or will it be confusing unless I play them in order?

The grander story makes no bloody sense either way. (And I say that as one of the few who actually LIKES the Desmond sections).

24. Re: New Assassin's Creed and New Splinter Cell in Development Mar 28, 2013, 19:27 Rhett

Got sick of AssCreed at Revelations, and I can't believe they're doing that to Splinter Cell.. Ugh...  

23. Re: New Assassin's Creed and New Splinter Cell in Development Mar 28, 2013, 19:13 NegaDeath

I'd really like them to slow down a bit to keep the series from burning out. Also I just can't keep up.  

22. Re: New Assassin's Creed and New Splinter Cell in Development Mar 28, 2013, 18:36 The Half Elf

But the thing is the Ass Creed series has always been by 2 teams that 'leap frog' each year, so how is it any different from what they are currently doing?  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

21. Re: New Assassin's Creed and New Splinter Cell in Development Mar 28, 2013, 18:11 Redmask

You didn't ask me but Bioshock, Guild Wars 1&2, Path of Exile, Dishonored, XCOM, Fallout, Skyrim just off the top of my head. Numerous indie games. I've only registered this year but I've been passively reading a long time.

People seem to loathe EA but there's a lot to hate so that makes sense.

I played Assassins Creed 2 but skipped Brotherhood and the other one, am I ok to pick up the third one or will it be confusing unless I play them in order?

20. Re: New Assassin's Creed and New Splinter Cell in Development Mar 28, 2013, 17:33 netnerd85

Verno wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 16:29:
Blackhawk wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 15:28:
Wow. Is there anything that Blue's News readers don't hate?

Yes, all of the many things people regularly like on here.
Seriously, such as?

Nothing comes to mind.

19. Re: New Assassin's Creed and New Splinter Cell in Development Mar 28, 2013, 17:22 Cutter

We don't hate the playah, we hate the game.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

18. Re: New Assassin's Creed and New Splinter Cell in Development Mar 28, 2013, 16:29 Verno

Yes, all of the many things people regularly like on here.

Dude, BioShock Infinite demonstrated that you don't need good combat to make it big in this business.

The flipside of that is a game doesn't need great art design to be good either. For Bioshock Infinite I thought the combat was good enough, definitely great but I wouldn't call it bad either.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon

17. Re: New Assassin's Creed and New Splinter Cell in Development Mar 28, 2013, 16:15 sauron

Kittens!

Except the evil fluffy ones. We do hate those.

Kittens!

16. Re: New Assassin's Creed and New Splinter Cell in Development Mar 28, 2013, 15:29 nin

Conflict?

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

15. Re: New Assassin's Creed and New Splinter Cell in Development Mar 28, 2013, 15:28 Blackhawk

14. Re: New Assassin's Creed and New Splinter Cell in Development Mar 28, 2013, 15:00 saluk

Yakubs wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 14:46:
Omni wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 13:56:
Revamp the combat in Assasins Creed and it might be worth playing.

Dude, BioShock Infinite demonstrated that you don't need good combat to make it big in this business.

I don't get people saying BioShock combat is bad. It's better than most fps shooters released these days.

Even if I concede it is poor, there is a huge difference between somewhat clunky combat and a combat system which is fundamentally broken at the design level. Games like AC: Batman and AC:sleeping dogs show that with some proper balancing it's not terrible, but even in those games it boils down to 1. wait for enemy to attack 2. press I win button.

13. Re: New Assassin's Creed and New Splinter Cell in Development Mar 28, 2013, 14:46 Yakubs

Omni wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 13:56:

12. Re: New Assassin's Creed and New Splinter Cell in Development Mar 28, 2013, 14:24 Wildone

oh god yes I hope they keep making AC FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *SARCASM*  

11. Re: New Assassin's Creed and New Splinter Cell in Development Mar 28, 2013, 13:56 Omni

10. Re: New Assassin's Creed and New Splinter Cell in Development Mar 28, 2013, 13:35 Creston

NKD wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 12:40:

I'll take a large existing codebase I've got years of experience with over some new untested stuff that sends me home with a migraine every night. Assuming I even go home.

EDIT: Though I imagine it'd be differetn fro the creative guys.

Yeah, I was thinking from a creative standpoint. I imagine that for admin/DBA guys, the opposite is indeed true.

Creston

9. Re: New Assassin's Creed and New Splinter Cell in Development Mar 28, 2013, 13:07 sauron

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSmou_UglPg

^This, on both counts.

Kittens!

8. Re: New Assassin's Creed and New Splinter Cell in Development Mar 28, 2013, 12:40 NKD

Creston wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 12:11:
The thing that's great to me is that there is still some of my favorite people who, you know, we were in the trenches shipping that first one," she told them. "We lived through all of that stuff together and some of those guys are still on the franchise

Wouldn't that get really boring? That's like the guys at Treyarch and IW who get to make nothing but Call of Duty every year. I think I would go insane.

Creston

I'll take a large existing codebase I've got years of experience with over some new untested stuff that sends me home with a migraine every night. Assuming I even go home.

EDIT: Though I imagine it'd be differetn fro the creative guys.

This comment was edited on Mar 28, 2013, 12:47.

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

7. Re: New Assassin's Creed and New Splinter Cell in Development Mar 28, 2013, 12:11 Creston

The thing that's great to me is that there is still some of my favorite people who, you know, we were in the trenches shipping that first one," she told them. "We lived through all of that stuff together and some of those guys are still on the franchise

Wouldn't that get really boring? That's like the guys at Treyarch and IW who get to make nothing but Call of Duty every year. I think I would go insane.

Creston

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo