Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Out of the Blue

I ran into the neighbor who was the other side of the incident in January where Hudson the wonder dog forewent the ample opportunity to kill his little dog in an unfortunate encounter. The couple of months that have passed, evidence of the winter, allowed for a friendly reconciliation, helped by how I spoke at the time with his wife to make sure everyone was okay and to apologize. I got to make my point to him that he needed to think through in advance how to deal with such encounters, and he got to apologize to Hudson several times for kicking her, which I'm sure she didn't even notice at the time, and she happily forgave him. The funny thing is that his dog no longer yaps at us from the house on our walks, and was completely silent from within during the conversation with his owner... I think his mistaken impression that he is mayor of the neighborhood has been corrected.

Links: Thanks Ant and Acleacius.
Play: Siege Knight.
Links: Beauty and the Plague. Tearjerker warning. Thanks nin.
Punchable, hackable squidaliens to return in upcoming Independence Day sequel.
Stories: This Will Be Tim McCarver's Last Season At Fox. Can he take Joe with him?
Media: Hour Of Victory Is a Total Failure.
Terraria Trolls.
11 Signs You Suffer From Sleep Deprivation.
Follow-up: Global warming predictions prove accurate.

View
33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

13. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2013, 13:32 Mr. Tact

Tim1_2 wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 13:22:
Glad to hear things are OK with your neighbour. Neighbourly relations are important for a tolerable living situation!
Oh, I don't know about that. Been in my house coming up on seven years now and I think the total amount of time spent talking to neighbors is under 15 minutes -- and that includes arranging a brief incursion onto someone else property to have my landscaping guys clear some "junk trees".

Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2013, 13:22 Tim1_2

Glad to hear things are OK with your neighbour. Neighbourly relations are important for a tolerable living situation!

Like with kids, pets, and techniques for dealing with pets, are always a super-touchy situation. People with small dogs tend to not worry much about restraining them or training them for that matter, as the potential consequences of a wild toy poodle are less severe than those of a loose large dog.

Currently playing: DayZ

11. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2013, 13:07 nin

Creston wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 12:23:
DNForever wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 10:17:
I've been in another games drought. About to have the last 'confrontation' in DX Missing Link (or what I think will be), but after that there's nothing in line.

I... but... huh?

*looks at 150+ long list of games left to play*

Cry

Creston

TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!!!!!!!!!!!

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

10. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2013, 12:23 Creston

DNForever wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 10:17:
I've been in another games drought. About to have the last 'confrontation' in DX Missing Link (or what I think will be), but after that there's nothing in line.

I... but... huh?

*looks at 150+ long list of games left to play*

Cry

Creston

9. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2013, 12:21 Creston

Tim McCarver's last season? REALLY???? Oh Dear Sweet Lord, thank you.

I mean, yes, Joe Buck is annoying, but at least he's not literally making shit up on the spot that's so fucking retarded that even a six-year-old rolls his eyes at it.

Creston

8. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2013, 12:06 Cutter

Cool beans! So the DOS KS has already hit 1/4 of its target in day one. And they gave me a reply about the editor....

Yes - we're going to allow you to import your own artwork & sound. We don't have any DLC plans for the moment but al the content that we provide can be used in your own campaigns. The editor will also support integration with Steam workshop btw.

If we do release new content for the editor, it will not be a DLC.

About importing models, objects and textures: we are looking into it, but yes, that's the idea. Wouldn't want it any other way.

Sweet! This could end up the new NWN or close enough to it. So stoked!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

7. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2013, 11:35 Cutter

Huddy thought she was Linda Hamilton in The Terminator and was telling him in dog terms, 'You're terminated, fucker!'.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

6. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2013, 10:20 ldonyo

I'm happy to see that I'm not the only person that cannot stand the Tim and Joe 'announcing' duo!  

5. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2013, 10:17 DNForever

Glad it's all good. I've been in another games drought. About to have the last 'confrontation' in DX Missing Link (or what I think will be), but after that there's nothing in line. I already beat and re-beat Defense Grid and all the map packs. I'm thinking about finally getting Crysis Warhead, which is pretty cheap on Amazon but last time I checked still $15 on Steam. Still not bad though.  

4. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2013, 09:32 Mr. Tact

Not just one, two sequels to ID.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

3. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2013, 09:32 nin

InBlack wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 09:24:
They are making a sequel to independence day? Really? Oh man, that movie should be pretty good for a few laughs...

This time they'll hack the alien computer with their iphone.

2. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2013, 09:24 InBlack

They are making a sequel to independence day? Really? Oh man, that movie should be pretty good for a few laughs...  

I have a nifty blue line!

1. Re: Out of the Blue Mar 28, 2013, 09:07 nin

Glad everything got patched up...I had forgotten the exact details and winced a bit when you mentioned Hudson getting kicked...

33 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo