Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC

This "Fishing in Baku" trailer (NSFW) offers the promised full reveal for Battlefield 4, saying the next installment in DICE's military first-person shooter series is due this fall. Starting with a cinematic which seems to have a "no Russian" Kobayashi Maru quality, the 17+ minute clip then shows how this scenario came to be, segueing to gameplay footage showing hyper-realistic indoor and outdoor environments, stealth, sniping, destructible environments, vehicles, lots of flanking (by the player, if not the enemies), lots of seagulls, lots of puddles, the ability to shake off being shot by a few rounds from a mini-gun and having an entire factory collapse on you, a little field surgery, the Battlefield version of the G-Man, and more. It's apparent this is shot using the PC edition of the game, seemingly confirmed by screen prompts absent of references to those colorful little buttons that don't appear on your keyboard. The game is now being offered for preorder, which entitles purchasers to a free premium expansion pack. The preorder page also offers a few details:

Battlefield 4™ is the genre-defining action blockbuster made from moments that blur the line between game and glory. Fueled by the next-generation power and fidelity of Frostbite™ 3, Battlefield 4™ provides a visceral, dramatic experience unlike any other.

Only in Battlefield can you demolish the buildings shielding your enemy. Only in Battlefield will you lead an assault from the back of a gun boat. Battlefield grants you the freedom to do more and be more while playing to your strengths and carving your own path to victory.

In addition to its hallmark multiplayer, Battlefield 4™ features an intense, dramatic character-driven campaign that starts with the evacuation of American VIPs from Shanghai and follows your squad's struggle to find its way home.

There is no comparison. Immerse yourself in the glorious chaos of all-out war, found only in Battlefield.

View
97 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

97. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 28, 2013, 21:30 siapnar

netnerd85 wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 06:23:
I suck dick but I can still play games. So, maybe that's not his problem
LOL

This comment made my morning. I wanted to post earlier but my phone was being stupid.

I knew my comment would come back an bite me in the ass.

I have projectile dysfunction.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

96. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 28, 2013, 19:45 Closed Betas

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 08:37:
Closed Betas wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 23:19:
Wow, I love Arma 3 more than ever now.. gonna go buy another a3 dev package. It's all we have left
Amen brotha!
I am playing around with the editor, nothing like creating your own single player missions on a huge open island
I saw a youtube video the other night some guy managed to put a bunch of the "Take on Helicopters" vehicles into the Arma3 Alpha, including boats!

Yup, its tedious gaming software, but when supported, it opens up anything you can possibly imagine, it just needs more support so spread the word... Dayz brought mainstream attention to it... a few 100,000 more hardcore players and some old blood replaced at BI wiht new fresh talent and Arma 3 will rock our socks off for the next decade easily!!!

95. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 28, 2013, 14:50 AngelicPenguin

siapnar wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 21:59:

The guy playing SUCKS DICK. God, what a joke.

You do realize this is a trailer right? I'm sure they played the same sequences over and over until they had one that looked really awesome. How much he got shot at or where he was positioned probably had nothing to do with skill it was more certainly to give the best impression of the effects and graphics.

94. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 28, 2013, 13:50 xXBatmanXx

Still Origin? Non sale.

BF2 and Bad Company 2 were both great games. Wish they wouldn't have killed them.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

93. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 28, 2013, 09:54 ASeven

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 28, 2013, 08:37:
Wow, I love Arma 3 more than ever now.. gonna go buy another a3 dev package. It's all we have left
Amen brotha!
I am playing around with the editor, nothing like creating your own single player missions on a huge open island
I saw a youtube video the other night some guy managed to put a bunch of the "Take on Helicopters" vehicles into the Arma3 Alpha, including boats!

The funny thing is that if a modder group seriously went to porting BF2's gameplay into the A3 engine I think they would make a much better BF game than BF3 and BF4 will ever be.

In fact I'm surprised nobody has done such a mod. Either way I agree, Arma3 is rocking my world and is already ten times the game BF3 and 4 would ever hope to be.

92. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 28, 2013, 08:37 SpectralMeat

Amen brotha!

Steam: SpectralMeat

91. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 28, 2013, 06:23 netnerd85

siapnar wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 21:59:
He takes countless hits out in the open and continues to neglect cover. He just sits there.
I suck dick but I can still play games. So, maybe that's not his problem

90. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 28, 2013, 01:14 Slick

1) the first iteration of a singleplayer campaign was Bad Company. 1942, vietnam, BF2, and 2142 only included the ability to play the MP maps against AI bots. Keeping the philosophy of linear SP FPS campaigns aside for now, BF games have only been trying to create squad AI for 5-6 years, which is hard to do only because of the destruction. In a normal game, it's not hard to create AI plot points to show where they will/can move, take cover etc. when you add dynamic environments, and destruction, AI can't easily figure out to jump through the freshly destroyed wall. back in BC1 they'd get stuck all the time and just warp to the players location, it's far from perfect, but they've definately gotten alot better.

2) games *attempting* to create an emotional connection between the player and the characters on screen is never a bad thing, no matter how poorly executed. this is something that games have lacked for a long time, don't cut the developer's dicks off when they attempt to add some drama to the minutia of slugging through an SP campaign.

3) the person playing the video isn't a prostar, this is intentional. The idea is that when YOU play the game, you do it much better. also this doesn't alienate the vast majority of gamers who don't know what cover is, or what a "prone" is either. this is why god invented easy difficulty, don't hate, appreciate that you're better than them. the majority of gamers aren't super nerds like us who post on games forums who have been playing for 20 years.

This comment was edited on Mar 28, 2013, 01:20.

89. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 28, 2013, 00:16 Krizzen

The graphics! Oh, the graphics!

Too bad Battlefield singleplayer has been "meh" since 1942. That's 71 years of crappy singleplayer!

The engine is just great. There's that face rendering tech that's been in the news! The epic PRT lighting looks fantastic, and the post process effect spam is more eye candy than ever. The artists are extremely talented. Also, the sound is killer! Although I'm sure there are a lot of "HDR sound" haters out there, but I think it's brilliant and really brings games to life. It makes the loud sounds overtake the quiet sounds, just like our ears do in real life. The reverb setups they use are spot-on. It all sounds very believable.

So, it looks great. I'm sure the singleplayer game is gonna be Battlefield: Rail Shooter 4, and the multiplayer will delivered in $15 doses. SP is one for YouTube, MP will have to wait for beta/demo/reviews.

88. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 23:22 Closed Betas

deqer wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 21:44:
My attitude has not changed since the days of Quake 1.

I do not care about graphics if it sacrifices gameplay/FPS rate. That's why you have "Tweak" configs and tweak guides out there for such games.

Higher FPS rate/better gameplay = win.

Who you fooling, you botter :p

87. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 23:19 Closed Betas

BF4...yet another cinematic bullshit game trying to use immersion and drama to cater to the emo crowd, with fake playability...

Im still waiting for the game section to be removed from Best Buy and have it called interactive movie session.... Havn't seen a game in years...

Dude just standing there taking shots, no sense to care about anything, clearly was a staged show to snipe a guy here, and backstab a guy here to fool the kiddies...

And whats with all this negative vibe bullshit, cutting off a leg, and drowning and all this shit... EMO SHMEEMO, fucking depressed enough from real life.. don't need this fake drama crap, need to ugh play something, ya here, games are to be played.

sarcasm /Oh but the graphics are AWSUM DUDe/ sarcasm

86. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 22:37 SpectralMeat

jdreyer wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 22:02:
No one mentioned, but Blue's write up was pretty funny:

the 17+ minute clip then shows how this scenario came to be, segueing to gameplay footage showing hyper-realistic indoor and outdoor environments, stealth, sniping, destructible environments, vehicles, lots of flanking (by the player, if not the enemies), lots of seagulls, lots of puddles, the ability to shake off being shot by a few rounds from a mini-gun and having an entire factory collapse on you, a little field surgery, the Battlefield version of the G-Man, and more. It's apparent this is shot using the PC edition of the game, seemingly confirmed by screen prompts absent of references to those colorful little buttons that don't appear on your keyboard.
Sounds like Blue or whoever did that write up is a huge fan of this trailer also

85. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 22:02 jdreyer

No one mentioned, but Blue's write up was pretty funny:

the 17+ minute clip then shows how this scenario came to be, segueing to gameplay footage showing hyper-realistic indoor and outdoor environments, stealth, sniping, destructible environments, vehicles, lots of flanking (by the player, if not the enemies), lots of seagulls, lots of puddles, the ability to shake off being shot by a few rounds from a mini-gun and having an entire factory collapse on you, a little field surgery, the Battlefield version of the G-Man, and more. It's apparent this is shot using the PC edition of the game, seemingly confirmed by screen prompts absent of references to those colorful little buttons that don't appear on your keyboard.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

84. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 21:59 siapnar

I haven't touched the BF3 single player and probably won't, and this BF4 single player looks to be the same... except much prettier, which is always nice, but... I probably won't play it.

That millisecond long clip of the boat on the ocean at the end though? DAMN

Again, graphics are stunning, but we're yet to see the real draw of the series. MP.

Couple notes about the vid:

He takes countless hits out in the open and continues to neglect cover. He just sits there.

It's definitely being played on a mega PC using a controller.

So buddy gets his leg cut off, with no tourniquet whatsoever, then limps into a car with said leg gushing blood like niagara falls.
Ohhhhh Kayyyyy

Then during the battle with the helo the windshield gets shot out. And it mysteriously reappears under water.

Yep, I'm nitpicking now.

And I agree, this is BF 3.5

I have projectile dysfunction.

83. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 21:48 Slick

double post, can't delete  

82. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 21:48 Slick

Saboth wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 19:26:
Suckage wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 19:05:
I just love how all of these devs are touting just how very realistic their games are, yet not a single one of them have come close to matching Soldier of Fortune's character damage models...

It's interesting how durable people are! You throw a grenade and the building blows to pieces, and parts of cars go flying, but the guys hit with the grenade simply lie down and go to sleep.

i lol'd but i think we all know it's a matter of taste, not technology. it's a creative choice to not give the player the ability to maim their opponents. just like movies could very well show agonizing bloody compound fractures every time there's an explosion, but instead directors show a fraction of a second and then cut away. it's called taste. look it up sometime.

81. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 21:44 deqer

My attitude has not changed since the days of Quake 1.

I do not care about graphics if it sacrifices gameplay/FPS rate. That's why you have "Tweak" configs and tweak guides out there for such games.

Higher FPS rate/better gameplay = win.

80. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 21:38 Glykon

WTFS cares abt "story" instead of GAMEPLAY ?
So I have to choose if to watch a shitty 6 hours "story-driven" movie or have years of good fights in multyplayer....hard
Damn fucking brainwashed console kids

79. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 21:25 <Electric-Spock>

Probably no way of knowing, but I would be interested to know how many people pre-order BF4 compared to BF3? There are 15 or so people on my friends list for BF3 and everyone quit playing consistently around the time the close quarters expansion(#3) came out. I highly doubt any of us will pre-order, when all but a couple of us did before.

Fixing the netcode and putting some actual BF sized MP maps back into play will be the only thing to bring me back. Lots of other issues as well but I've ranted about them before so, I'll spare you readers.

78. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 21:23 SpectralMeat

DangerDog wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 18:28:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 16:22:

I'll get Arma 3 if it offers bot matches.

That's pretty much what Arma 3 is, the PvP just isn't much fun. It's mostly co-op against enemy AI units.
Exactly.
Watch this video of Arma3 for some basic info: http://tinyurl.com/ch6xuyl

97 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo