Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC

This "Fishing in Baku" trailer (NSFW) offers the promised full reveal for Battlefield 4, saying the next installment in DICE's military first-person shooter series is due this fall. Starting with a cinematic which seems to have a "no Russian" Kobayashi Maru quality, the 17+ minute clip then shows how this scenario came to be, segueing to gameplay footage showing hyper-realistic indoor and outdoor environments, stealth, sniping, destructible environments, vehicles, lots of flanking (by the player, if not the enemies), lots of seagulls, lots of puddles, the ability to shake off being shot by a few rounds from a mini-gun and having an entire factory collapse on you, a little field surgery, the Battlefield version of the G-Man, and more. It's apparent this is shot using the PC edition of the game, seemingly confirmed by screen prompts absent of references to those colorful little buttons that don't appear on your keyboard. The game is now being offered for preorder, which entitles purchasers to a free premium expansion pack. The preorder page also offers a few details:

Battlefield 4™ is the genre-defining action blockbuster made from moments that blur the line between game and glory. Fueled by the next-generation power and fidelity of Frostbite™ 3, Battlefield 4™ provides a visceral, dramatic experience unlike any other.

Only in Battlefield can you demolish the buildings shielding your enemy. Only in Battlefield will you lead an assault from the back of a gun boat. Battlefield grants you the freedom to do more and be more while playing to your strengths and carving your own path to victory.

In addition to its hallmark multiplayer, Battlefield 4™ features an intense, dramatic character-driven campaign that starts with the evacuation of American VIPs from Shanghai and follows your squad's struggle to find its way home.

There is no comparison. Immerse yourself in the glorious chaos of all-out war, found only in Battlefield.

View
97 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

17. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 10:54 Morgan19

Asmodai wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 10:38:
And for noting, it looks like it was being played on a console rather than a PC. The turning of the character (and how they always travel in straight lines) are usually a dead giveaway of a controller being used rather than a mouse, which tends to be more jerky as players twitch around.

Except the prompts for Use were "E" and reload is "R"; seemed PC to me, just with slower mouse movements.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

16. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 10:41 SpectralMeat

Asmodai wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 10:38:
The helo crash was impressive though.
That it was, but I doubt a helo crash will look like that in MP, where there is no scripting.

Steam: SpectralMeat

15. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 10:38 Asmodai

For a video game it was an awesome movie..

And for noting, it looks like it was being played on a console rather than a PC. The turning of the character (and how they always travel in straight lines) are usually a dead giveaway of a controller being used rather than a mouse, which tends to be more jerky as players twitch around.

The helo crash was impressive though.

14. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 10:37 Wildone

Its coming out this year? You waited 6 years a few more months wont hurt  

13. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 10:20 SpectralMeat

Rattlehead wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 10:17:
And for FFS please allow VOIP, mods, and bigger maps!
Arma 3 does all those things.

12. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 10:17 Rattlehead

Who gives a shit about single player? I never even touched single player in BF3 and only played co-op for the unlocks, and it was horrible.

Show us some god damn naval combat. Also, commander option would be nice, but I won't sweat it. And for FFS please allow VOIP, mods, and bigger maps!

11. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 10:15 MoreLuckThanSkill

Pretty impressive engine, but wtf, the Battlefield target audience is NOT overly interested in the single player portion of the game. Show major improvements in MULTIPLAYER to convince me to buy this game instead of just playing more BF3.

I base that off of zero statistical evidence of course, it's the internet.

10. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 10:09 fujiJuice

I don't know, I thought it looked pretty awesome. Scripted to hell and back, but still, I think they did a good job. I don't mind a push along story in singleplayer if the multiplayer is the same large map mayhem.  

9. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 10:02 Techie714 ©

ARMA III > BF4

Just saying....

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

8. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 10:01 Verno

TangledThorns wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 09:31:
I love BF3 and was excited for BF4 after watching the trailer however... it's being co-developed for the current gen consoles WTF!?! I would of been more forgiving if it was PS4 or the next XBOX. I'm not going to preorder and will just stick it out with BF3 which is still a damn good game!

They kinda have to do that, just PC and PS4 alone wouldn't be enough in sales to make back costs after marketing. BF3 didn't really suffer and they switched to focus on consoles partway through development. I think the level design will be the most important metric, the base game had a lot of wide open maps where the points were crammed close together creating a shitload of pointless empty space.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

7. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 09:59 McSterls

Just watched the video, obviously from the single player campaign and cut scenes - I recall they showed a bunch of SP stuff for BF3 too, who even played the SP campaign? People buy Battlefield games for the Multi-player - so why do they never show that? I'm sure it looks great, but does it look any better then BF3??  

6. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 09:53 InBlack

Verno wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 09:20:
Looks pretty impressive but looks have never really been the problem with Battlefield. I don't mind the asset reuse either as strong level design in MP games is more important to me than the textures themselves. More destruction is welcome, BF3 didn't have enough IMO. It's a great marketing trailer but I want to know more about the back end and other MP features, those were the weakest points of BF3. I've always been kinda iffy on it because some aspects I really liked. I logged a fair amount of hours in the game but it always felt like the post release support was too focused on large patches and ignored obvious problems with the netcode and support side. Whenever I ask friends to revisit it they would rather we all play other games instead which I find pretty telling.

I'd like to see these games back on Steam at some point or at least with interop like Ubisoft has with Uplay. A lesser focus on individual point grinding would be nice too, I think squad VOIP would go a long way toward improving public play for the game which can only help overall. Commander mode would be nice but I doubt we'll see it again. Level design with less choke points (points more spread out on larger maps) in the base game, Armored Kill improved this to some extent and I'd like to see that continue.

Anyways yeah, more server operator features, better netcode with a focus on security and less predictive jank, etc. Do that and maybe I'll have a reason to load Origin for a change.

I doubt you will have any answers to those questions until the game is actually out and people are playing it. Unless they are addressing those concerns and actually put out a statement to that effect, and even then there is no guarantee that they simply wont be lying through their teeth. (See: Simcity, A:CM for recent examples of developers lying through their teeth)

I have a nifty blue line!

5. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 09:32 Moog

After the farce of BF3 with its hacking players, I don't trust Dice enough to pre-order this - if I hear really good things on launch and there is a lack of hacking a few weeks in, then I might bite but, as it is, wouldn't touch it with a bargepole!  

4. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 09:31 TangledThorns

I love BF3 and was excited for BF4 after watching the trailer however... it's being co-developed for the current gen consoles WTF!?! I would of been more forgiving if it was PS4 or the next XBOX. I'm not going to preorder and will just stick it out with BF3 which is still a damn good game!  

3. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 09:20 Verno

Looks pretty impressive but looks have never really been the problem with Battlefield. I don't mind the asset reuse either as strong level design in MP games is more important to me than the textures themselves. More destruction is welcome, BF3 didn't have enough IMO. It's a great marketing trailer but I want to know more about the back end and other MP features, those were the weakest points of BF3. I've always been kinda iffy on it because some aspects I really liked. I logged a fair amount of hours in the game but it always felt like the post release support was too focused on large patches and ignored obvious problems with the netcode and support side. Whenever I ask friends to revisit it they would rather we all play other games instead which I find pretty telling.

I'd like to see these games back on Steam at some point or at least with interop like Ubisoft has with Uplay. A lesser focus on individual point grinding would be nice too, I think squad VOIP would go a long way toward improving public play for the game which can only help overall. Commander mode would be nice but I doubt we'll see it again. Level design with less choke points (points more spread out on larger maps) in the base game, Armored Kill improved this to some extent and I'd like to see that continue.

Anyways yeah, more server operator features, better netcode with a focus on security and less predictive jank, etc. Do that and maybe I'll have a reason to load Origin for a change.

This comment was edited on Mar 27, 2013, 09:26.

Playing: Fire Emblem, Diablo 3, Bravely Default
Watching: The Machine, After the Dark, Devils Due

2. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 09:13 Fantaz

Very nice engine... please use it on a better game. That said I'm growing impatient waiting for the new console cycle and next-gen games. Wait is killin me.. how long we need to wait until PS4? I feel like I wasted money buying a GTX 680 with no new games, and good PC games usually come around the time of new consoles.  

1. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 09:10 SpectralMeat

Moar explosion, moar cinematic Hollywood action sequence, moar quick time events please! It almost look like CoD now with a prettier graphics, and oh look destruction 4.0 kidz!
Eggxluzive DLC too ! Preorder quick before we ran out of digital copies!

That's the impression I got from this "reveal" video, looks boring.

97 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 5.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo