Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC

This "Fishing in Baku" trailer (NSFW) offers the promised full reveal for Battlefield 4, saying the next installment in DICE's military first-person shooter series is due this fall. Starting with a cinematic which seems to have a "no Russian" Kobayashi Maru quality, the 17+ minute clip then shows how this scenario came to be, segueing to gameplay footage showing hyper-realistic indoor and outdoor environments, stealth, sniping, destructible environments, vehicles, lots of flanking (by the player, if not the enemies), lots of seagulls, lots of puddles, the ability to shake off being shot by a few rounds from a mini-gun and having an entire factory collapse on you, a little field surgery, the Battlefield version of the G-Man, and more. It's apparent this is shot using the PC edition of the game, seemingly confirmed by screen prompts absent of references to those colorful little buttons that don't appear on your keyboard. The game is now being offered for preorder, which entitles purchasers to a free premium expansion pack. The preorder page also offers a few details:

Battlefield 4™ is the genre-defining action blockbuster made from moments that blur the line between game and glory. Fueled by the next-generation power and fidelity of Frostbite™ 3, Battlefield 4™ provides a visceral, dramatic experience unlike any other.

Only in Battlefield can you demolish the buildings shielding your enemy. Only in Battlefield will you lead an assault from the back of a gun boat. Battlefield grants you the freedom to do more and be more while playing to your strengths and carving your own path to victory.

In addition to its hallmark multiplayer, Battlefield 4™ features an intense, dramatic character-driven campaign that starts with the evacuation of American VIPs from Shanghai and follows your squad's struggle to find its way home.

There is no comparison. Immerse yourself in the glorious chaos of all-out war, found only in Battlefield.

View
97 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

77. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 21:13 SpectralMeat

This comment was edited on Mar 27, 2013, 21:28.

Steam: SpectralMeat
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

76. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 20:30 Rea1One

DangerDog wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 18:44:
Julio wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 18:41:
Don't see any upside more than BF3 already has...no bots, not very interested.

The playerbase will implode when BF4 is released, if you want to keep playing Battlefield multiplayer you'll need to purchase #4.

People still play BF2, BF2142, BC2 and heck even BF1942 servers are still active with players, It just divides the masses into those who want the latest and greatest or those who are happy to play whatever they choose even if it's old.

75. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 20:24 Rea1One

Hope the premium expansion pack is more BF2 maps converted over to BF4  

74. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 19:26 Saboth

Suckage wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 19:05:
I just love how all of these devs are touting just how very realistic their games are, yet not a single one of them have come close to matching Soldier of Fortune's character damage models...

It's interesting how durable people are! You throw a grenade and the building blows to pieces, and parts of cars go flying, but the guys hit with the grenade simply lie down and go to sleep.

73. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 19:24 Saboth

Looks good. I'll pick it up on a Steam sale when Origin isn't required, like I did with BF2 (last game I bought in the franchise).  

72. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 19:22 AngelicPenguin

TGro wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 17:01:
ASeven wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 16:51:
TGro wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 16:40:
I had to make an account (been reading Blues since the 90s) to post a rant....but I erased it and am posting the sum.

Gamers have become the bitchiest bunch of prima donnas, often I read the comments just to see the views of another...but this is starting to turn into youtube.

So you made an account to bitch about people bitching? You're not the smartest person, are you?

Geez, we're attracting more and more idiots by the hour. Must be the water.

Said the pot to the kettle, coincidentally enough your exact post earlier is one in which my rant was about. Meh, I have said all I feel like saying on the subject...bitching about bitching, so be it.

True, there is a ton of negativity on the forum, but that's how it seems everywhere on the internet. Anonymity and all. I re-read his post though and honestly didn't think much about it - or was that just the straw that broke...

On topic, I thought the trailer looked pretty neat, but there didn't seem to be a whole lot of playing going on. I haven't played a modern warfare type shooter since COD4, so maybe I'll try this one. If I get to play the game with Omar it might be worth it! (He's in the wire, if some of you sadly haven't seen it.)

71. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 19:05 Suckage

I just love how all of these devs are touting just how very realistic their games are, yet not a single one of them have come close to matching Soldier of Fortune's character damage models...  

70. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 18:55 netnerd85

Yep, No Bots, No Co-Op, Shove it DICE  

69. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 18:44 DangerDog

Julio wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 18:41:

The playerbase will implode when BF4 is released, if you want to keep playing Battlefield multiplayer you'll need to purchase #4.

68. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 18:41 Julio

67. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 18:33 ASeven

TGro wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 17:01:
I had to make an account (been reading Blues since the 90s) to post a rant....but I erased it and am posting the sum.

Gamers have become the bitchiest bunch of prima donnas, often I read the comments just to see the views of another...but this is starting to turn into youtube.

So you made an account to bitch about people bitching? You're not the smartest person, are you?

Said the pot to the kettle, coincidentally enough your exact post earlier is one in which my rant was about. Meh, I have said all I feel like saying on the subject...bitching about bitching, so be it.

Don't let the door hit your ass on your way out! As Redmask said, won't someone think of the poor corporations! Idiot.

66. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 18:28 DangerDog

jdreyer wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 16:22:

I'll get Arma 3 if it offers bot matches.

That's pretty much what Arma 3 is, the PvP just isn't much fun. It's mostly co-op against enemy AI units.

65. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 18:19 CJ_Parker

Not buying this before they offer the all-in-one premium bundle.  

64. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 18:18 Wash Washburne

I played the crap out of BF:BC2 + Vietnam and BF3, still do, every once in a while, I binge out for a couple of days than walk away, just to comeback another day for another 2-3 day binge, even if it's jut to fly around in an empty server. The destructible terrain, vehicle freedom and the sound design, it's most likely what brings me back. But what bothers me is the conservative way they (EA/DICE) deal with servers and still no mod tools or dedicated servers for us to play with, specially that hackers daily keep proving them wrong and constantly manage to ruin some honest gamers experience.

On another note, I kinda wish that MoH:Warfighter was an actual expansion to BF series rather than being a stand alone game. There is quite a few neat elements there, that would benefit the BF series and maybe would prolong its longevity, without jumping into releasing a new title and forsaking the old one. Some things I though was a good step into a proper game evolution (funny thing is they are not new or breakthrough ideas): variety of nations and their top task forces, sliding into cover while running, leaning, backup iron sights (which now made into BF4) to name a few others. Maybe this is something that we will get to see in BF4, who knows, but I would like to, and damn it would be quite awesome if we actually got some co-op maps to roam about with buddies in a innocent whack a mole type scenarios, of course they don't have to be whack a mole type games, but you guys get the idea, it's a good start anyways haha.

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 14:54:
Fibrocyte wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 14:52:
Speaking of ARMA3, does anyone have a free pass (or whatever is being offered at this time) that they can pass my way? I'll try to reciprocate from my gift inventory - which isn't that impressive but you never know.

Thanks!

(Yes, I'm talking about ARMA3 in a BF4 thread)
I do have 2 more, message me on Steam and I can hook you up

Any chance that you sir or anybody else might have one left, that wouldn't mind passing along? Cheers!

63. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 17:50 Redmask

Won't someone think of the billion dollar multinational conglomerates?!

62. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 17:42 Tumbler

Seems like the same pitch we got for BF3. No Thanx.

99gamers.com-Game trading site, PC digital trading!
Kickstarter "Game Developer"!

61. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 17:01 TGro

60. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 16:51 ASeven

59. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 16:40 TGro

58. Re: Battlefield 4 Gameplay Trailer; Preorder Bonus DLC Mar 27, 2013, 16:35 deqer

Optional nickname wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 16:00:
deqer wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 15:09:
Looks cool. But, remember guys, only available through "Origin"

I don't think that the 6+ million liked youtube hits care much.
Am I supposed to be surprised that the Earth has 6+ million "sheeple" ?

97 Replies. 5 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 4 5 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo