Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Wars: The Old Republic APAC Servers Closing

EA is planning on closing down the Asia/Pacific servers for Star Wars: The Old Republic, BioWare's Star Wars MMORPG. This forum post has word from community manager Eric Musco saying "everyone wants the opportunity to play on higher populated servers." He explains why they decided to merge the three APAC servers with the North American servers, rather than into a single APAC server, saying: "The move to North American servers better delivers on our ultimate goal of providing the best play experience, with the most possible players, long term." Thanks TORWars.

View
54 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

14. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic APAC Servers Closing Mar 27, 2013, 10:36 btallas

nin wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 10:34:
I read this site every morning and evening and I've yet to see anything positive written by you and your roving pack of emo hipsters. Seriously, if you don't like games or gaming in general, why do y'all even come to this site?

Perhaps you should stumble over to the bioshock threads and pay attention?

And looking back at the thread, unless you have another login named nacelle, I wasn't referring to you.

But hey, you read this site every morning and evening, so I'm sure you knew that.

Oh my god!! One game in what, 10 years?!! Someone call Guinness!!

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

13. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic APAC Servers Closing Mar 27, 2013, 10:34 nin

I read this site every morning and evening and I've yet to see anything positive written by you and your roving pack of emo hipsters. Seriously, if you don't like games or gaming in general, why do y'all even come to this site?

Perhaps you should stumble over to the bioshock threads and pay attention?

And looking back at the thread, unless you have another login named nacelle, I wasn't referring to you.

But hey, you read this site every morning and evening, so I'm sure you knew that.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

12. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic APAC Servers Closing Mar 27, 2013, 10:33 Verno

btallas wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 10:26:
I feel no need to defend anything. I read this site every morning and evening and I've yet to see anything positive written by you and your roving pack of emo hipsters. Seriously, if you don't like games or gaming in general, why do y'all even come to this site?

That seems like selective sampling. People say plenty of positive things about games here, just not this one and that's not much of a surprise given how unpopular it is in general.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

11. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic APAC Servers Closing Mar 27, 2013, 10:30 Darks

Bhruic wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 10:20:
This is no real surprise. EA's attempts to make this a F2P game were entirely flawed. They didn't seem to understand that you make money with F2P by having people want to play the game. If you put massive restrictions in the way of playing right at the start, people are going to check it out for 5 minutes, get frustrated, and stop playing.

Well said,

This is what happened with me, I came I looked and EA said “We don’t serve your kind here” So I never looked back. Way too many restrictions. When they locked out my UI Bars and locked me out of most of the Ten million Credits I have. I said a hearty Fuck U to EA and never went back.

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Modules.Detail&id=6375

10. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic APAC Servers Closing Mar 27, 2013, 10:26 btallas

nin wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 10:02:
btallas wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 10:00:
bluesnews.com commentors - you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

Somebody get that guy in here from the other night - he doesn't care what we're saying, but he apparently cares enough that he still feels the need to defend it.

I feel no need to defend anything. I read this site every morning and evening and I've yet to see anything positive written by you and your roving pack of emo hipsters. Seriously, if you don't like games or gaming in general, why do y'all even come to this site?

9. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic APAC Servers Closing Mar 27, 2013, 10:20 Bhruic

This is no real surprise. EA's attempts to make this a F2P game were entirely flawed. They didn't seem to understand that you make money with F2P by having people want to play the game. If you put massive restrictions in the way of playing right at the start, people are going to check it out for 5 minutes, get frustrated, and stop playing.  

8. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic APAC Servers Closing Mar 27, 2013, 10:16 Asmodai

/fucking lol

As an Australian player, I rolled on a US server because Aus servers weren't available at go live.

I burned out before they came online but moved my toons when the notification went out they were available (after F2P), logged in for 15 mins, lol'd and logged out. It was pathetic.

Now they get shuffled back and still there is no impetus to play.

In the words of Liz Lemon, "SHUT IT DOWN!"...

7. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic APAC Servers Closing Mar 27, 2013, 10:07 Riker

I think the writing was on the wall the first time I saw the game. How could they let this happen?  

6. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic APAC Servers Closing Mar 27, 2013, 10:02 nin

btallas wrote on Mar 27, 2013, 10:00:
bluesnews.com commentors - you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

Somebody get that guy in here from the other night - he doesn't care what we're saying, but he apparently cares enough that he still feels the need to defend it.

5. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic APAC Servers Closing Mar 27, 2013, 10:00 btallas

4. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic APAC Servers Closing Mar 27, 2013, 09:58 InBlack

I doubt that Blizzard has been losing anywhere near the numbers that this trainwreck of an MMO is so I doubt your idea would work here Verno.  

I have a nifty blue line!

3. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic APAC Servers Closing Mar 27, 2013, 09:32 Verno

They should have gone the WoW route with cross-pollenating servers in new ways, Blizzard has avoided closures and mergers despite a decreasing subscriber base by doing so. I guess they would need to change their underlying design too much though and it would be throwing good money after bad.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

2. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic APAC Servers Closing Mar 27, 2013, 09:19 nin

EA? Shutting servers down? Really?

Good luck to those simcity buyers! You're gonna need it!

1. Re: Star Wars: The Old Republic APAC Servers Closing Mar 27, 2013, 09:12 wtf_man

...These are not the servers you are looking for...  

54 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo