Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands 2 Storage Increase Plans

The Gearbox Software Forums have some details on the upcoming free patch Gearbox is promising along with their upcoming DLC releases for Borderlands 2, their role-playing shooter sequel (thanks Eurogamer). Here's word on a planned storage increase and more:

You can still buy a Season Pass.

There will be inventory/backup/storage increases in the update (Free update). More ammo SDU's will be available in the black market along with eridium maximums increased.

Chris will have a full list of the changes sometime this week for everyone. He also is going to get the Krieg forum up sometime this week.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Borderlands 2 Storage Increase Plans Mar 26, 2013, 21:00 Redmask

I was burnt out before the DLC, the game overstays its welcome and the humor wears thin quickly. There is nothing to hold onto outside of weapon collection, the talent customization is a veneer over a shallow pool of shared items and the characters feel uncomfortably similar as a result.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Borderlands 2 Storage Increase Plans Mar 26, 2013, 19:05 Mad Max RW

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 12:35:
Do you guys still play this game? I am just kind of burnt out. I've got the Season Pass for it but I don't think I've checked out any of the DLC.
Lesson learned about Season Passes

You're not missing much by skipping the DLC packs. Most or all of them were outsourced to other studios and it shows. Big empty over-sized maps with nothing going on. Very amateurish. It's a shame because Gearbox did a good job addressing the issues I had with Borderlands 1...

14. Re: Borderlands 2 Storage Increase Plans Mar 26, 2013, 17:05 PHJF

Do you guys still play this game? I am just kind of burnt out.

I just bought the Mechro and am blasting may way through with her.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

13. Re: Borderlands 2 Storage Increase Plans Mar 26, 2013, 15:21 Creston

deadearth wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 14:25:
I'm 99% sure that the ultimate vault hunter pack is not the 4th advertised dlc, even though it is included in the season pass. (I think its sorta an 'extra' bonus)

This article seems to confirm that:

link

I stand corrected.

Creston

12. Re: Borderlands 2 Storage Increase Plans Mar 26, 2013, 14:25 deadearth

Creston wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 12:32:
So to reiterate:

The Ultimate Vault Hunter pack WILL be included with the season pass (and is presumably DLC 4.)

The new character will NOT be included with the season pass.

Correct?

It'll be a lot cheaper to just buy both of those individually, then.

Creston

I'm 99% sure that the ultimate vault hunter pack is not the 4th advertised dlc, even though it is included in the season pass. (I think its sorta an 'extra' bonus)

This article seems to confirm that:

link

11. Re: Borderlands 2 Storage Increase Plans Mar 26, 2013, 13:08 nin

So to reiterate:

The Ultimate Vault Hunter pack WILL be included with the season pass (and is presumably DLC 4.)

Correct?

Believe so.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

10. Re: Borderlands 2 Storage Increase Plans Mar 26, 2013, 12:54 xXBatmanXx

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 12:35:
Do you guys still play this game? I am just kind of burnt out. I've got the Season Pass for it but I don't think I've checked out any of the DLC.

Yes. Was waiting for cap level increase and new character - so I will be back in it next week or whenever it drops.

Also,
*Inventory managemente its so bad that I have dropped or sold items by mistake more than I can count.
You know you can star things right? Then sell all and it won't sell your starred items? Not that hard to do.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

9. Re: Borderlands 2 Storage Increase Plans Mar 26, 2013, 12:35 SpectralMeat

Steam: SpectralMeat

8. Re: Borderlands 2 Storage Increase Plans Mar 26, 2013, 12:32 Creston

So to reiterate:

Correct?

It'll be a lot cheaper to just buy both of those individually, then.

Creston

7. Re: Borderlands 2 Storage Increase Plans Mar 26, 2013, 12:06 Rattlehead

About fucking time.  

6. Re: Borderlands 2 Storage Increase Plans Mar 26, 2013, 11:42 ochentay4

Jedi Master wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 11:38:
It's not the only game that uses that mechanic, though. For some reason, EVERY button you press in Far Cry 3 is "hold". You have to HOLD to pick up, HOLD to open a door, HOLD to get in a car, to get out of a car...why? On a gamepad, sure, you are more likely to bump a given button, but on a keyboard it's stupid.
Absolutely right and now that you mention it I hated that on FC3. Its sad cause I really liked FC3 but it has some annoyances too.

5. Re: Borderlands 2 Storage Increase Plans Mar 26, 2013, 11:41 ochentay4

ochentay4 wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 11:31:
I really hate B2 inventory:

*Only 7 items on the list at a time? Do I really have to scroll the mouse to next ones?

*I have a 24" 108'p monitor, I should have the complete inventory displayed as the max items you can carry is really low. In fact, everyone who plays B2 on PC probably has a 1080p display.

*Inventory managemente its so bad that I have dropped or sold items by mistake more than I can count.

*Its difficult to compare weapons/items, and when listed by type, it doesnt show all items, so you can view type of weapons or type of items.

*Why-o-why grenades like 10.000x5 are shown less damage than 15.000? Maybe Im missing something.

*Why cant we hide low value items from picking them up? Im tired of picking up useless items.

*I have switched my Legendary weapons with a stupid low value weapon A LOT OF TIMES, thanks to the stupid mechanic of haveing to press a long time the same button to pick up ammo or replace current weapon. This angers me so much, maybe there is a switch to turn the damn option off, I dont know.

So all in all, Borderlands 2 Inventory sucks too much and it should be fixed.

EDIT: I can think of many more annoyances but if this small list is fixed Im happy.
I dont know why this game angers me so much (like no other before) and still play the damn thing. Maybe there is something really good in it. But some DLC missing from Season Pass (and lack of clarity about it) and console menus on PC are the worst offenders of this game and such things do not let me fully enjoy it. Its sad cause its a good game with good PC options (FOV and LAN play for example).

4. Re: Borderlands 2 Storage Increase Plans Mar 26, 2013, 11:38 Jedi Master

It's not the only game that uses that mechanic, though. For some reason, EVERY button you press in Far Cry 3 is "hold". You have to HOLD to pick up, HOLD to open a door, HOLD to get in a car, to get out of a car...why? On a gamepad, sure, you are more likely to bump a given button, but on a keyboard it's stupid.  

3. Re: Borderlands 2 Storage Increase Plans Mar 26, 2013, 11:31 ochentay4

I really hate B2 inventory:

*Only 7 items on the list at a time? Do I really have to scroll the mouse to next ones?

*I have a 24" 108'p monitor, I should have the complete inventory displayed as the max items you can carry is really low. In fact, everyone who plays B2 on PC probably has a 1080p display.

*Its difficult to compare weapons/items, and when listed by type, it doesnt show all items, so you can view type of weapons or type of items.

*Why-o-why grenades like 10.000x5 are shown less damage than 15.000? Maybe Im missing something.

*Why cant we hide low value items from picking them up? Im tired of picking up useless items.

*I have switched my Legendary weapons with a stupid low value weapon A LOT OF TIMES, thanks to the stupid mechanic of haveing to press a long time the same button to pick up ammo or replace current weapon. This angers me so much, maybe there is a switch to turn the damn option off, I dont know.

So all in all, Borderlands 2 Inventory sucks too much and it should be fixed.

EDIT: I can think of many more annoyances but if this small list is fixed Im happy.

2. Re: Borderlands 2 Storage Increase Plans Mar 26, 2013, 10:56 nin

Yea! About time we get more storage space!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Borderlands 2 Storage Increase Plans Mar 26, 2013, 10:55 xXBatmanXx

I sent this in after the game was out for 2 weeks. Also asked for inventory between players to be larger.

Something tells me the inventory increase is because people have used their 100+ keys already and have a pretty sweet set of items. BUT, now that they have all of this stuff, it will quickly piss them off cause they don't want to drop all of their sweet gear, but now there will be new max level gear.

dumbass developers.

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo