Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Metaverse

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 26, 2013, 20:58 Hellbinder

they are also paying for the relationship of an obvious genius designer idea person. something they need pretty badly.  
The Whales name is Bob.
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 26, 2013, 18:47 Cutter

And Yahoo wonder's why they're failing. They couldn't have found a way to do this for significantly less than 30 million? Cereal?

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

5. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 26, 2013, 12:35 Creston

That bit.ly tip is pretty handy. I've often refused to follow a bit.ly link from someone I don't know, so it's a cool way of being able to check out where it's going to take you.

Creston

4. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 26, 2013, 10:46 Mr. Tact

And it wasn't just him, "his company" has five other employees. He is the son of a rich investment banker -- always nice when Dad can flip the bill for a start-up.  
Truth is brutal. Prepare for pain.

3. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 26, 2013, 10:15 InBlack

Ripperjack wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 09:44:
Yea, but all that damn app does is rip news headlines off Yahoo, and repackages them onto a mobile phone friendly display.

FFS, I was ripping off Yahoo stock charts and news headlines back in 2000, for a stock market program, the company I was working for at the time was flogging off to customers at $6000 a pop... you don't see me walking away with 30 mil.

Trust me... he lucked out. If it was Google or Microsoft we was ripping headlines from, he would have been sued for 30 mil.

You make it sound like a pinch of code there, a touch of salt here....

Easy huh? Im thinking ripping pages, REFORMATING them for a number of different handheld devices, so they actually make sense and dont turn out like gibberish and do it in a timely fashion is pretty fucking damn hard. Hard enough for yahoo to cough up 30 mil, without breaking a sweat to get a look at the source code...

I have a nifty blue line!

2. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 26, 2013, 09:44 Ripperjack

Yea, but all that damn app does is rip news headlines off Yahoo, and repackages them onto a mobile phone friendly display.

FFS, I was ripping off Yahoo stock charts and news headlines back in 2000, for a stock market program, the company I was working for at the time was flogging off to customers at $6000 a pop... you don't see me walking away with 30 mil.

Trust me... he lucked out. If it was Google or Microsoft we was ripping headlines from, he would have been sued for 30 mil.

1. Re: Morning Metaverse Mar 26, 2013, 09:35 InBlack

Becoming a multi-millionaire before you are even considered of legal age in most countries. And the kid didnt luck out, he built that damn app. Goddamn, thats gotta do shit to your psyche...

Still Im guessing the good outweighs the bad when you consider whats in the bank...

I have a nifty blue line!

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo