Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

BioShock Infinite is now up to 96 on Metacritic. User score is currently 9.2.

♪ intermission ♫

View
35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

35. Re: Game Reviews Mar 26, 2013, 18:55 Redmask

It's $45 at GMG right now, money is no excuse even if people missed the preorders.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

34. Re: Game Reviews Mar 26, 2013, 17:30 xXBatmanXx

I get the "it's 60 dollars" thing, but if you were a smart consumer on THIS game, that isn't the case. Currently you could get 4 games and a 15.00 credit from GMG. That is a no brainer.

Second, some of the same bitchers go see movies for 15.00 a pop and then spend another 10-20 on snacks and pop. SO whatevs....

Buy from GreenManGaming? Use this, we both get $2.00 - http://www.greenmangaming.com/?gmgr=purutuwi

33. Re: Game Reviews Mar 26, 2013, 16:37 Julio

DarkCntry wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 11:21:
The only things made me continue are the boobs of Elizabeth.

Well now I know how it scored a 96

32. Re: Game Reviews Mar 26, 2013, 16:26 netnerd85

jdreyer wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 15:50:
The intermission cracked me up.

Also, Infinite is eating Blizzard's lunch.
I think ActivLizzard could handle losing 8.9 Billion before they'd even feel the breeze

31. Re: Game Reviews Mar 26, 2013, 15:50 jdreyer

The intermission cracked me up.

Also, Infinite is eating Blizzard's lunch.

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

30. Re: Game Reviews Mar 26, 2013, 15:10 fatguy

I've gotten many times more than 15 hours of enjoyment from every CoD game I have played over the years. Infinite looks fun, but I haven't payed 60$ for a game in a couple years. Like others, I will wait for a price drop.  

29. Re: Game Reviews Mar 26, 2013, 14:42 netnerd85

More Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 reviews Rifle

God is a Geek
http://www.godisageek.com/2013/03/sniper-ghost-warrior-2-review/

Gaming Bolt
http://gamingbolt.com/sniper-ghost-warrior-2-review

IRB Gamer
http://irbgamer.com/2013/03/sniper-ghost-warrior-2-review-bullseye/

A patch was just released today that adds in Hardcore mode for Multiplayer

28. Re: Game Reviews Mar 26, 2013, 14:32 AngelicPenguin

ItBurn wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 10:29:
I haven't played the game, but there's no way it's "that" good. I may end up being wrong, but these are classic early super-high reviews and it's exactly what happened with Bioshock, which was good, but more like a 75-80.

Everyone has an opinion - I thought Bioshock was superb (some bits near the end seemed repetitive, though.) My only beef with saying its a 75-80 would be that most game reviews fall in that score, so I would be hard pressed to think anyone would find Bioshock average or slightly above average. Granted this is a problem with game review scores in general, but that is just how they are scored today.

27. Re: Game Reviews Mar 26, 2013, 13:54 mag

Too lazy to sift through fifty reviews. What do people have to say about the scripting? The gameplay trailers they showed made it seem almost as on-rails as something like Panzer Dragoon. Hopefully it's not actually like that.  

26. Re: Game Reviews Mar 26, 2013, 13:28 Beamer

Darks wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 12:54:
Quboid wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 12:41:
Darks wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 12:18:
wrlwnd wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 11:09:
Verno wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 09:46:
The game isn't perfect but after spending some time with it I have no problem recommending it to people for $60 or less.

Sorry, but 15 hours of gameplay isn't worth $60.

I'll wait until it hits about the $20 price point.

I知 sorry, but I have to laugh and shake my head when I read this kind of comments. So, 10 to 15 hours of game play is not worth 60 dollars. But many of the same people claiming that this game is not worth that price will go out and have gone out and spent just as much on a 5 hour game like COD.

How do you all justify that reasoning when this game is far superiour in all regards? I知 truly baffled at comments like this. Just because a game does not have MP does not make that game any less of a game especially when the game play and story are far better.

Are you sure about that? A great many people play CoD for multiplayer, which gives them hundreds of hours play. I doubt that many people who are claiming this isn't worth the price bought the latest CoD just for single player.

Let痴 be totally honest here about COD. In all of the COD games released and the MP portion of the game. What is really different about each of those MP games? Truthfully I saw not a lot of difference except newer maps. It痴 the same BS over and over. Kill me, kill you. Boring!!! So basically you got kids buying this game for newer weapons that in the end all do pretty much the same thing and some different maps to play on. Again, boring!

I fired up MY and MW2 after playing a few weeks of MW3.
It feels radically different. Especially on consoles. The entire out of game experience was incredibly dated, but even in game, running around with just a pistol as a side arm, lacking a lot of the same perks and equipment, akimbo primary weapons, etc.

While clearly the same family of games, they still feel very different, enough that it's jarring and the strategies that pay off in one just get you slaughtered in the other.

-------------
Music for the discerning:
http://www.deathwishinc.com
http://www.hydrahead.com
http://www.painkillerrecords.com

25. Re: Game Reviews Mar 26, 2013, 13:25 Darks

wrlwnd wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 13:07:
I知 sorry, but I have to laugh and shake my head when I read this kind of comments. So, 10 to 15 hours of game play is not worth 60 dollars. But many of the same people claiming that this game is not worth that price will go out and have gone out and spent just as much on a 5 hour game like COD.

How do you all justify that reasoning when this game is far superiour in all regards? I知 truly baffled at comments like this. Just because a game does not have MP does not make that game any less of a game especially when the game play and story are far better.

Wow, your ASSumptions are astounding. Why would you ASSume that I would make the statement I did if I previously went out and spent $60 on a 5-hour CoD game? Look up the definition of strawman. Your argument is ridiculous.

I'll have just as much fun in a year playing this game for $20 as you do now playing it for $60. Enjoy.

your comments tell me one thing about you, and that is you are a Cheap ASShole!!

Creator of the Neverwnter Nights Eye of the Beholder Series of Mods.

http://www.moddb.com/mods/eye-of-the-beholder-ii-ledgend-of-darkmoon

24. Re: Game Reviews Mar 26, 2013, 13:07 wrlwnd

Wow, your ASSumptions are astounding. Why would you ASSume that I would make the statement I did if I previously went out and spent $60 on a 5-hour CoD game? Look up the definition of strawman. Your argument is ridiculous.

I'll have just as much fun in a year playing this game for $20 as you do now playing it for $60. Enjoy.

23. Re: Game Reviews Mar 26, 2013, 13:01 wrlwnd

DarkCntry wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 11:21:
People have no issue paying for 90min of entertainment at around $20...so 15 hours of interactive entertainment for $60 isn't all that bad.

I think it's ridiculous that someone would pay $20 to watch a 90-minute movie with some popcorn and a soda.

But that's just me.

22. Re: Game Reviews Mar 26, 2013, 12:54 Darks

Quboid wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 12:41:
The game isn't perfect but after spending some time with it I have no problem recommending it to people for $60 or less.

Are you sure about that? A great many people play CoD for multiplayer, which gives them hundreds of hours play. I doubt that many people who are claiming this isn't worth the price bought the latest CoD just for single player.

Let痴 be totally honest here about COD. In all of the COD games released and the MP portion of the game. What is really different about each of those MP games? Truthfully I saw not a lot of difference except newer maps. It痴 the same BS over and over. Kill me, kill you. Boring!!! So basically you got kids buying this game for newer weapons that in the end all do pretty much the same thing and some different maps to play on. Again, boring!

21. Re: Game Reviews Mar 26, 2013, 12:41 Quboid

- Quboid

20. Re: Game Reviews Mar 26, 2013, 12:34 Verno

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 12:08:
So I guess all the negativity which encompassed this game prior to the launch by the Blues community has been unfounded.

I am shocked.

Yeah that's true. To be fair though it had a very long development time, was often troubled by staff turnover and they showed off very little gameplay in promos. I think they didn't always put their best foot forward or do themselves any favors with preview material until the past month. I can see why people were concerned, I was certainly skeptical for awhile.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Walking Dead, The Fall, As Above So Below

19. Re: Game Reviews Mar 26, 2013, 12:18 Darks

18. Re: Game Reviews Mar 26, 2013, 12:08 Wallshadows

So I guess all the negativity which encompassed this game prior to the launch by the Blues community has been unfounded.

I am shocked.

17. Re: Game Reviews Mar 26, 2013, 11:31 InBlack

Verno wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 10:55:

I will say that I think if someone disliked Bioshock then this game probably won't change their mind.

Well I was on the fence about this one, but Im probably not getting the game. I hated Bioschock, and although this seems to be a better game I would probably end up hating it for the exact same reasons as its predecessor...Oh well...

I have a nifty blue line!

16. Re: Game Reviews Mar 26, 2013, 11:21 DarkCntry

People have no issue paying for 90min of entertainment at around $20...so 15 hours of interactive entertainment for $60 isn't all that bad.

Honestly, first playthrough for me according to steam was just over 10 hours, on normal and I didn't do too much exploring outside of just gawking over the scenery a few times.

The funny thing was I read this user review on Metacritic, which basically proves the point that more often than not, the majority of people in the user reviews are idiots...

It took me 7 hours to complete the game, it's ridiculous to a non-multiplayer game. The display of the game made me sick and the mousespeed made me faint. The only things made me continue are the boobs of Elizabeth. 2 for the boobs and (spoiler-) 1 for Dewitt's drowning.

35 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo