Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Marvel Heroes in June

Gazillion Entertainment announces Marvel Heroes will launch for Windows on June 4th, though participants in their Founder's Program will be entitled to early access on May 28th as one of the perks they will receive in the free-to-play superhero MMORPG (an OS X version of the game will launch at a later date). "When we started working on Marvel Heroes we knew exactly what we wanted to make – an unrivaled multiplayer free-to-play action-RPG experience that allowed gamers and comic fans to play as their favorite Super Heroes," said David Brevik, President and Chief Operating Officer, Gazillion Entertainment. "This is an incredibly exciting day for all of us at Gazillion and we can’t wait to let gamers experience the Marvel Heroes world and our fresh take on the massively multiplayer online genre." Starter, Premium, and Ultimate Founder's Packs are being sold on the game's website through June 3rd, and purchase of a Premium or Ultimate pack also includes immediate access to the game's closed beta. To celebrate the news, a new "Villains" trailer shows off the threats faced by the likes of Iron Man, Spider-Man, and... Rocket Raccoon?

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Marvel Heroes in June Mar 26, 2013, 17:02 DV

KS wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 06:39:
"Action MMO" = Console-style POS. It should be against the law for companies to use terms like MMO and RPG to describe games that are not MMORPGs.

This isn't for consoles. PC only and I believe they are working on a MAC client for after launch.

As for the MMO part, each zone is open world with instances you can go in. Also every loot you see on you're screen is for you alone. The only thing you share with everyone is health and mana balls.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Marvel Heroes in June Mar 26, 2013, 16:54 DV

You get to choose one of five starter heroes. That hero can take you all the way to end game. OTW to end game with that starter hero you have a random chance of hero's dropping for you as loot on bosses. Say you've always liked Spiderman...Either you buy his starter pack, which you can play from day one or you can hope that he drops from a boss.  

14. Re: Marvel Heroes in June Mar 26, 2013, 08:45 Undocumented Alien

KS wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 06:39:
"Action MMO" = Console-style POS. It should be against the law for companies to use terms like MMO and RPG to describe games that are not MMORPGs.

Not sure about it being for consoles, but, yes, it seems the devs these days are just throwing out the term MMO to justify their game being online only. D3 - Umm, yeah, we have this Auction House and ahhh, yeah, we kind of made an MMO; SimCity - Umm, yeah, we have this regional shit... our vision, and umm, yeah, we kind of made an MMO.

IMHO, a Super Heroes game in a Diablo type environment is interesting, but, I see ZERO reason for this being an online only game.

Vision and DRM...

13. Re: Marvel Heroes in June Mar 26, 2013, 08:36 Undocumented Alien

MoreLuckThanSkill wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 22:22:
I am definitely going to try this, but from earlier previews I recall you will not have access to all the heroes without paying and/or grinding, or something. Still, action RPG with the marvel universe, it's required for me to at least TEST it.

From what I have read, and I could be wrong, you get 5 heroes to play the whole game with for free, so basically you get the whole game as a demo. Then you pay x amount to purchase other (probably more cool) heroes.

12. Re: Marvel Heroes in June Mar 26, 2013, 06:39 KS

11. Re: Marvel Heroes in June Mar 26, 2013, 01:07 Wowbagger_TIP

From what I've heard of their pricing, I think I'll pass on this. Unless the gameplay is just really amazing, which I doubt.  

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." -- Bertrand Russell (I think...)

10. Re: Marvel Heroes in June Mar 25, 2013, 22:22 MoreLuckThanSkill

I am definitely going to try this, but from earlier previews I recall you will not have access to all the heroes without paying and/or grinding, or something. Still, action RPG with the marvel universe, it's required for me to at least TEST it.

9. Re: Marvel Heroes in June Mar 25, 2013, 20:46 Asmodai

I can't play as Venom? /pass ; )

8. Re: Marvel Heroes in June Mar 25, 2013, 20:39 Undocumented Alien

Keith wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 19:58:
I was looking forward to this until I watched some gameplay videos. Looks less like a traditional MMO and more Diablo-esque. While I liked Diablo, it was hard for me to stick with it for too long. Got repetetive fast and the basic isometric gameplay just killed any sense of immersion. Too bad as I was looking forward to, ah, adventuring with the Black Widow.....

Being of the opposite opinion in regards to isometric gameplay (Diablo, TQ, PoE), I think this looks pretty cool. A Super Hero game with the look and feel of Diablo-type ARPG's, a bit hard to resist. Of course, yet another game tied to online only... not liking this trend.

7. Re: Marvel Heroes in June Mar 25, 2013, 20:08 PHJF

X-Men Legends Online?

Sounds like fun. At least for a while.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

6. Re: Marvel Heroes in June Mar 25, 2013, 19:58 Keith

I was looking forward to this until I watched some gameplay videos. Looks less like a traditional MMO and more Diablo-esque. While I liked Diablo, it was hard for me to stick with it for too long. Got repetetive fast and the basic isometric gameplay just killed any sense of immersion. Too bad as I was looking forward to, ah, adventuring with the Black Widow.....  

5. Re: Marvel Heroes in June Mar 25, 2013, 19:43 jdreyer

All I'll say is that they had better buy enough rackspace. This game is going to get hammered on launch.  

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

4. Re: Marvel Heroes in June Mar 25, 2013, 19:41 Ozmodan

The way the make you pay through the nose for some of the heroes is going to turn a lot of people off. Stupid design decision will cost them.

Oh and it is not even close to being a MMO, you cannot make you own avatar, you have to use theirs.

3. Re: Marvel Heroes in June Mar 25, 2013, 19:38 Cutter

Looks like an arcade game to me. Too bad it wasn't more like CoX.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's dead… Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

2. Re: Marvel Heroes in June Mar 25, 2013, 17:29 The Half Elf

It's basically Marvel Universe/Xmen games except MMO style. Haven't spent much time with it.  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

1. Re: Marvel Heroes in June Mar 25, 2013, 17:21 Redmask

A Marvel ARPG sounds awesome, high hopes for this.  

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo