Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Star Wars The Old Republic Hutts Rise Next Month

BioWare announces that the Rise of the Hutt Cartel expansion for Star Wars The Old Republic will launch in all territories on April 14th, though those who participated in their preorder program that ended in January will receive five days of early access (they are still offering preorder incentives, but early access is no longer one of them). They also offer a new Making of Rise of the Hutt Cartel Part 2: Conflict on Makeb video. Update: Corrected an error in the original post saying this announcement came from SOE. Apologies for such a silly mistake.

View
27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

27. Re: Star Wars The Old Republic Hutts Rise Next Month Mar 26, 2013, 09:57 Verno

Nacelle wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 22:37:
It's doesn't matter what other people say. I will enjoy it either way. Again you're in the comments section of swtor. If you're going to bash it, I'm going to defend it.

Ok but other people will rebutt it or offer their own opinions regardless of however strongly you feel about a product or company.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

26. Re: Star Wars The Old Republic Hutts Rise Next Month Mar 26, 2013, 06:50 Turglar

SOE is announcing EA/bioware expansions now?  

25. Re: Star Wars The Old Republic Hutts Rise Next Month Mar 26, 2013, 05:27 The Half Elf

I want to play as a Jawa Jedi  

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

24. Re: Star Wars The Old Republic Hutts Rise Next Month Mar 26, 2013, 01:58 OldTimber

Drayth wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 23:18:
I think there actually was a new race added in a semi-recent patch.. the Cathar.

I don't see new classes being added, on top of the normal work it takes to add to a standard MMO they'd have do all the voice acting for 5 new companions (x2). That probably doesn't fit in their budget too well. I'm surprised enough there's a new expansion...

Of all the races people wanted they stuck the stupid cat race in nobody wanted.

23. Re: Star Wars The Old Republic Hutts Rise Next Month Mar 26, 2013, 01:57 OldTimber

Nacelle wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 20:09:
And so the bashing begins. Why don't you guys go back to playing your Black Ops crap or whatever it is you play these days and let those of us who play swtor, do so without having to put up with your whining.
You must really enjoy the lube EA/Bio shipped in your copy of it then. BOHICA on april 14th then.

And yes I played it and paid for it at launch and sucked it out for a year even after the F2p transition.

22. Re: Star Wars The Old Republic Hutts Rise Next Month Mar 26, 2013, 01:34 JohnBirshire

I think there actually was a new race added in a semi-recent patch.. the Cathar.

After researching, it appears the Cathar were supposed to be added two patches ago, but were a no show. Additionally, Bioware has gone silent on the issue. I was about ready to start playing again, but I guess I'll be waiting to see if they release the Cathar before something else I want to play comes out. *Like Path of the Exile cut-throat league*

21. Re: Star Wars The Old Republic Hutts Rise Next Month Mar 26, 2013, 01:16 jacobvandy

Yeah, I enjoyed my time with the game, as well, but there's really not much interesting content to keep you busy after you've leveled as many class archetypes as you care to. (It gets harder and harder to remain interested in that, even, because there are only four different starter areas and two lower-mid areas before you're funneled into repeating the same stuff over again the rest of the way to level cap...) Without significant new content or at least introducing completely new class type(s) to freshen up the gameplay, this isn't going to stay alive much longer.  

20. Re: Star Wars The Old Republic Hutts Rise Next Month Mar 26, 2013, 00:10 Cutter

Nacelle wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 22:37:
It's doesn't matter what other people say. I will enjoy it either way. Again you're in the comments section of swtor. If you're going to bash it, I'm going to defend it.

Bully for you! Don't take any guff from those swine! You go right on ahead enjoying it. It's you natural born right to like crap as much as you want!

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

19. Re: Star Wars The Old Republic Hutts Rise Next Month Mar 25, 2013, 23:18 Drayth

I don't see new classes being added, on top of the normal work it takes to add to a standard MMO they'd have do all the voice acting for 5 new companions (x2). That probably doesn't fit in their budget too well. I'm surprised enough there's a new expansion...

18. Re: Star Wars The Old Republic Hutts Rise Next Month Mar 25, 2013, 23:05 Frags4Fun

Flatline wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 17:15:
Really? This is the only "new" content that they can make? F*cking "Sucking off the Hutts: Part 2!!! Now with More Hutt Bukkake!"???

This is part of why I can't stand StarWoW.

An entire galaxy full of adventure and characters and untold numbers of species and... All they can do is Hutt wank.

Hutt wank! That's funny!

17. Re: Star Wars The Old Republic Hutts Rise Next Month Mar 25, 2013, 22:37 Nacelle

16. Re: Star Wars The Old Republic Hutts Rise Next Month Mar 25, 2013, 22:28 nin

Nacelle wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 22:25:
Problem is, it's not a conversation. It's a bunch of random people dropping a bunch of hate on a game that I bet they haven't played since quite a month after launch.

Again, you're not in charge of the conversation here. And I ask again, why does it matter to you? You like the game, isn't that good enough? If you know it's good, and you enjoy it, why does it matter what other people say?

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

15. Re: Star Wars The Old Republic Hutts Rise Next Month Mar 25, 2013, 22:25 Nacelle

Problem is, it's not a conversation. It's a bunch of random people dropping a bunch of hate on a game that I bet they haven't played since they quite a month after launch. There's been a lot of stuff fixed and added to it. Bashing it without having played it in it's current form deserves a "get bent" remark.  

14. Re: Star Wars The Old Republic Hutts Rise Next Month Mar 25, 2013, 22:18 nin

This is the comments on a article about swtor.

Yes, and we're talking about it. Only you don't approve of the conversation, and feel the need to steer it.

get bent

As before, perhaps you should take you own advice.

13. Re: Star Wars The Old Republic Hutts Rise Next Month Mar 25, 2013, 22:13 Nacelle

And vice versa. If your game is so great, it shouldn't matter what we think. Go play it and leave us alone.
Leave us alone? This is the comments on a article about swtor. If there's anywhere to tell haters to get bent, this is it.

12. Re: Star Wars The Old Republic Hutts Rise Next Month Mar 25, 2013, 21:08 Cutter

Hutt one...hutt two...

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

11. Re: Star Wars The Old Republic Hutts Rise Next Month Mar 25, 2013, 20:57 Kawlisse

Theo wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 16:35:
SOE announces? .... thats some what wrong.

It's disconcerning to say the least!

10. Re: Star Wars The Old Republic Hutts Rise Next Month Mar 25, 2013, 20:50 nin

Nacelle wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 20:09:
And so the bashing begins. Why don't you guys go back to playing your Black Ops crap or whatever it is you play these days and let those of us who play swtor, do so without having to put up with your whining.

And vice versa. If your game is so great, it shouldn't matter what we think. Go play it and leave us alone.

9. Re: Star Wars The Old Republic Hutts Rise Next Month Mar 25, 2013, 20:09 Nacelle

8. Re: Star Wars The Old Republic Hutts Rise Next Month Mar 25, 2013, 19:44 Ozmodan

Too little too late. EA has cut the funding big time.  

27 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo