Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

BioShock Infinite Launch Trailer

Irrational Games offers the BioShock Infinite Launch Trailer to celebrate tomorrow's release of their first-person shooter prequel. Word is: "Watch the mysterious and powerful Songbird pursue Booker DeWitt and Elizabeth, who are trying to make a desperate escape from the sky-city of Columbia."

View
32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

32. Re: BioShock Infinite Launch Trailer Mar 26, 2013, 16:14 Jerykk

Dev wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 23:59:
Jerykk wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 23:39:
Not sure how DLC is going to work with this game? It's not open-world and once you're done, you're done. I guess they can handle it like DX:HR did, with the DLC essentially being a separate campaign.
Or handle it like the previous bioshock game, where they added an extra section in the gameworld and some extra weapons/gear stuff.

Except unlike Bioshock, you can't backtrack to previous areas (as far as I can tell). Progression is strictly linear.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

31. Re: BioShock Infinite Launch Trailer Mar 26, 2013, 15:11 Dev

JayDeath wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 09:11:
Oh this workday can't end sooner! I can't wait to play. I'm concerned about some microstuttering issues ppl are talking about in the steam forum. I hope my system cooperates.
Microstuttering is typically from SLI or xfire setups, and xfire is generally hit far worse than this due to nvidia spending a lot of resources optimizing hardware and software for SLI.

30. Re: BioShock Infinite Launch Trailer Mar 26, 2013, 09:11 JayDeath

Oh this workday can't end sooner! I can't wait to play. I'm concerned about some microstuttering issues ppl are talking about in the steam forum. I hope my system cooperates.  
Steam: BenRichards

29. Re: BioShock Infinite Launch Trailer Mar 26, 2013, 09:03 Rea1One

Not sure how DLC is going to work with this game? It's not open-world and once you're done, you're done. I guess they can handle it like DX:HR did, with the DLC essentially being a separate campaign.

You can travel back slowly to open safes etc but yeah it will be interesting how DLC will be implemented into this game

28. Re: BioShock Infinite Launch Trailer Mar 26, 2013, 06:21 Mashiki Amiketo

NKD wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 05:45:
This game is amazingly fun and the setting is weird and original.
Very. Oh let me give the "oh shit it's 6am" stab now. hah.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

27. Re: BioShock Infinite Launch Trailer Mar 26, 2013, 05:45 NKD

This game is amazingly fun and the setting is weird and original.  

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

26. Re: BioShock Infinite Launch Trailer Mar 26, 2013, 02:50 Mashiki Amiketo

NegaDeath wrote on Mar 26, 2013, 01:42:

Edit: One major complaint. No save button, just "checkpoints". Really? REALLY? My F5 button is getting cold.
Yeah that's my major complaint, it's damn fun though. So far I don't have any major complaints it's a solid game so far. Hell of a lot darker than the last two, I'm almost 3hrs in now.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

25. Re: BioShock Infinite Launch Trailer Mar 26, 2013, 01:42 NegaDeath

Put in 20 min before bed. Definitely a Bioshock game, feels like one and looks like one. Man that was a great intro, clearly a copy of Bioshock 1 but the new environment sells it. Great art style, obviously held back by consoles but they still bolted on some nice PC features. I would have loved to see this game with a PC or next-gen console as the foundation instead, pity. Alt-tab works well, very little screen tearing. Got a weird sound issue on my end, almost sounds hollow like too much sound is coming out the front speaker. Still has surround sound but something just sounds off. Otherwise so far so good.

Edit: One major complaint. No save button, just "checkpoints". Really? REALLY? My F5 button is getting cold.

24. Re: BioShock Infinite Launch Trailer Mar 26, 2013, 00:34 tuddies

this is what is meant by triple A! attention to detail, combat, narrative and gorgeous graphics! It runs super smooth on ultra with old-gen 5870 in full 19x1200 - superb!  

23. Re: BioShock Infinite Launch Trailer Mar 25, 2013, 23:59 Dev

Or handle it like the previous bioshock game, where they added an extra section in the gameworld and some extra weapons/gear stuff.

22. Re: BioShock Infinite Launch Trailer Mar 25, 2013, 23:39 Jerykk

21. Re: BioShock Infinite Launch Trailer Mar 25, 2013, 23:31 xXBatmanXx

I got the 15.00 credit instantly, then turned around and bought the season pass for the game.....  

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

20. Re: BioShock Infinite Launch Trailer Mar 25, 2013, 23:10 Dev

Blue,
I think you mistakenly buried a hidden AC4 trailer in this story

19. Re: BioShock Infinite Launch Trailer Mar 25, 2013, 23:03 Dev

There's also 2 exclusive weapons from pre-ordering with specific retailers.
gamestop "Comstock's China Broom Shotgun!
This upgrade for BioShock Infinite's China Broom Shotgun comes with a unique skin and an exclusive damage enhancement."

bestbuy "This upgrade for BioShock Infinite's Bird's Eye Sniper Rifle comes with a unique skin and an exclusive damage enhancement."

18. Re: BioShock Infinite Launch Trailer Mar 25, 2013, 22:48 Dev

Looks like that browser based game does NOT change any in game faction stuff (someone commented about that earlier). The reason? The bioshock unlock code is given to you way before the end of the browser game. Mine was given after just a few levels.

All it does is change your facebook avatar pack at the 59th level. No need to play that far though. You can unlock the in-game items after just a few minutes of play.

Here's all the solutions if anyone wants
link

The in game things this gives you:
500 in game currency
5 lockpicks
gear: handyman nemesis (more damage vs handymen)
gear: sugar rush (move faster after eating)
gear: fleet feet (move faster while backing up or sidestepping)

This comment was edited on Mar 25, 2013, 22:59.

17. Re: BioShock Infinite Launch Trailer Mar 25, 2013, 22:46 Dev

headkase wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 21:57:
Dev wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 21:45:
More than likely, you can also sell the browser game pre-order code on ebay for another $5-$10 to people who want a complete thing, but don't want to pre-order.

You have to redeem the Industrial Revolution pre-order code on the Fink Manufacturing web-site however to get another code which you can then redeem in Steam for some pre-order items.
Yes, and I'm saying that one could sell either one of those codes on ebay if they didn't care about the bonus, in order to get the cheapest possible price for the game.

16. Re: BioShock Infinite Launch Trailer Mar 25, 2013, 22:23 ItBurn

By rebate I meant, I'm going to pay 10$ for it... I already own xcom.  

15. Re: BioShock Infinite Launch Trailer Mar 25, 2013, 21:57 headkase

Dev wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 21:45:
More than likely, you can also sell the browser game pre-order code on ebay for another $5-$10 to people who want a complete thing, but don't want to pre-order.

You have to redeem the Industrial Revolution pre-order code on the Fink Manufacturing web-site however to get another code which you can then redeem in Steam for some pre-order items.

14. Re: BioShock Infinite Launch Trailer Mar 25, 2013, 21:45 Dev

SpectralMeat wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 20:52:
What's the suggestion if you already own XCOM and previous Bioshock titles?
GMG. You get $14 automatically back in a few days to start with which brings it down to $46.
Then you have the 3 games (I'm pretty sure each is a separate steam code), which you can then sell or trade for things you don't have.

This comment was edited on Mar 25, 2013, 21:52.

13. Re: BioShock Infinite Launch Trailer Mar 25, 2013, 21:39 The Half Elf

Bioshock was/is a great game, but the end boss wasn't the best in the world.

That being said Infinite is the polar opposite of the first game. I've been keeping clear of most info but already had a few 'oh wow' moments with the story telling.
Also getting a little queezy from the buildings always floating/moving, and typically I don't have any sorta problem with anything related.

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

32 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo