Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Consolidation

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 26, 2013, 03:09 -sGs- | Sa(V)

This guy makes 2 games in his life and I keep hearing his name over and over and over again ? Who the *** is he ? and why should I give two Shi*s about what he got to say , Please stop posting news about this retard.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 25, 2013, 23:30 Paranoid Jack

He just wanted to join the list of developers who claim the mobile marked is the next big thing. Sorry, even if you buy the latest largest screen phone it's still the next little thing. Playing games on a tablet a bit better but phones? Forget about it.

The reason I am excited for the PS4 is because Dark Souls 2 (if that is the final name) will most likely be one of the release titles. Though from what I am hearing the games formula is changing somewhat from the originals. Taking a wait and see approach for the most part but still looking forward to hearing more soon.

16. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 25, 2013, 15:37 jdreyer

LittleMe wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 11:31:
Without actually reading the article, I'm a little excited for the PS4 because I think it's good news for PC gaming for a few reasons. We'll see.

Exactly. I think that better and more timely PC ports makes me excited for this, even though I'll never own one. It may even inspire devs to develop for PC first, THEN port to PS.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

15. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 25, 2013, 15:01 Parallax Abstraction

AngelicPenguin wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 11:41:
Let me guess...American McGree has a mobile game in the works

Who doesn't these days? Everyone's trying to get on that gold rush, even though mobile's already been saturated for a long time.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube

14. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 25, 2013, 13:48 swedishfriend

PHJF wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 11:38:

Without actually reading the article, I'm a little excited for the PS4 because I think it's good news for PC gaming for a few reasons. We'll see.

I'm a little excited because maybe I'll get to play Last Guardian now! Huzzah!

There are so many PS3s out there and once they go below $200 they will sell even more. For a game that has been worked on so long it would be a bad idea to try to sell it to the much smaller market of a new console. Don't get me wrong I would love if they have been working on moving it over to the next gen for a while already. So much more money to be made on the PS3 though.

13. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 25, 2013, 13:33 Burrito of Peace

nin wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 08:53:
He's trying to lick EA's ass so he can get Yet Another Alice Game made, after he nearly burnt bridges with them awhile back...

Is it me or did the second one REALLY suck ass? I remember enjoying the first Alice game tremendously but the second one just felt like a half-completed mess.

12. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 25, 2013, 12:25 Agent.X7

PHJF wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 11:38:

Haha. Vaporware right up there with HL2: Ep 3.

I think the PS4 looks good. It's great to see that they are finally putting a decent amount of RAM in a console. I like some of my games on PS3 now, but I still play the majority on PC. I think McGee is just grandstanding. "Look at me, I'm a has-been who needs to bash things to try to retain some notoriety!" New input methods just for the sake of having them suck. If they really add something, fine. But look at Playstation Move. Ugh. They had to have some sort of motion control just because Nintendo and Xbox did, but it was pretty crap. (Of course, Kinect is a good idea on paper and pretty crap in reality as well.)

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

11. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 25, 2013, 11:41 AngelicPenguin

Let me guess...American McGree has a mobile game in the works  

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 25, 2013, 11:38 PHJF

Steam + PSN: PHJF

9. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 25, 2013, 11:31 LittleMe

Perpetual debt is slavery.

8. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 25, 2013, 11:22 PHJF

There is nothing wrong in what he said about the release troubles and the gamer's reactions. I'm pretty much tired of those first week uproars. It's childish and reminds me more of kids complaining about their inevitable vegetables, against better knowledge that their complains and tears won't improve the situation.

Two of my favorite IPs are fucking RUINED, one from intrusive DRM and the other from intrusive monetization (oh, and DRM, too).

Anger is justified. But personally I'm less angry and more depressed because a decade ago I was playing Diablo 2 and SC3K/SC4 and thinking to myself, "Gee whiz these sure are great games, imagine what they'll be like in ten years!"

Steam + PSN: PHJF

7. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 25, 2013, 09:22 Verno

Golwar wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 09:13:
There is nothing wrong in what he said about the release troubles and the gamer's reactions. I'm pretty much tired of those first week uproars. It's childish and reminds me more of kids complaining about their inevitable vegetables, against better knowledge that their complains and tears won't improve the situation

About as childish as companies continually delivering problematic games in the first week. Also complaints and tears have been proven to be effective, in fact public shaming is one of the few things that seems to motivate the industry outside of money itself.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

6. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 25, 2013, 09:16 InBlack

Golwar wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 09:13:
There is nothing wrong in what he said about the release troubles and the gamer's reactions. I'm pretty much tired of those first week uproars. It's childish and reminds me more of kids complaining about their inevitable vegetables, against better knowledge that their complains and tears won't improve the situation.

But if American McGee expected the PS4 to deliver some kind of revolution ... really?
I consider the Oculus Rift to be a nice toy, but nothing that will replace my current game experience. Not to mention that it should be quite easy to gain console support too.

And mobile gaming? Meh!

Yeah its totally childish and immature to want to have a product deliver what is advertised and to expect companies NOT TO LIE to their customers faces. Childish indeed.

I have a nifty blue line!

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 25, 2013, 09:13 Golwar

But if American McGee expected the PS4 to deliver some kind of revolution ... really?
I consider the Oculus Rift to be a nice toy, but nothing that will replace my current game experience. Not to mention that it should be quite easy to gain console support too.

And mobile gaming? Meh!

4. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 25, 2013, 08:53 nin

InBlack wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 08:50:
Yeah he even defends the launch of Diablo III and SimCity in the article....what gives? I guess he is tired of the indie scene and wants a "real" job. What a tool.

He's trying to lick EA's ass so he can get Yet Another Alice Game made, after he nearly burnt bridges with them awhile back...

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

3. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 25, 2013, 08:50 InBlack

Yeah he even defends the launch of Diablo III and SimCity in the article....what gives? I guess he is tired of the indie scene and wants a "real" job. What a tool.  

I have a nifty blue line!

2. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 25, 2013, 08:46 nin

McSterls wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 08:42:
American McGee is "meh".

Beat me to it. Cash-in boy is just looking for another quick turn around he can toss his name on.

http://store.nin.com/index.php?cPath=10

1. Re: Morning Consolidation Mar 25, 2013, 08:42 McSterls

American McGee is "meh".  

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo