Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

View
13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

13. Re: Game Reviews Mar 26, 2013, 04:39 Ant

I want System Shock 3. BS1 was OK to me.  

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Game Reviews Mar 25, 2013, 22:03 Creston

Verno wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 11:37:
OpenVPN + vpnsecure.me (or some free one) + Australia SSL server for those interested. No you won't get banned for doing it.

Valve/Steam don't give a shit about people unlocking games early. The only way it'd ever become an issue is if some dipshit publisher starts whining about it, and Valve cares enough about said publisher to piss off its customers. I'd say the odds are really very slim.

Creston

11. Re: Game Reviews Mar 25, 2013, 15:25 dj LiTh

Verno wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 11:37:
I actually just unlocked it on the PC using a VPN and I'm gonna give it a whirl when I get home from work

OpenVPN + vpnsecure.me (or some free one) + Australia SSL server for those interested. No you won't get banned for doing it. Set Steam to offline mode until tomorrow after decryption if you want to disconnect the VPN.

Haha, i've used my American VPN so much being here in germany, that half the time when i connect to steam without the vpn and a german ip, steam is starting to think that just my german ip is american instead.

10. Re: Game Reviews Mar 25, 2013, 14:18 Creston

The ME3 Citadel DLC is actually great (surprisingly), but unlike the PC Gamer review suggests, the "story" part of it doesn't last five hours. In fact, it barely lasts two. But there is a ton of side content and one-on-one's with all your team mates (even the old ones) that are genuinely awesome, and if you ignore a rare few sentences here and there that speak about the War, you can easily view this as a proper ending for the game. (which I'm sure Bioware actually intended, but their stupid pride (or their shitbag producer) won't let them call it such.)

You may now return to discussing Bioshock Infinite.

Creston

9. Re: Game Reviews Mar 25, 2013, 11:37 Verno

I actually just unlocked it on the PC using a VPN and I'm gonna give it a whirl when I get home from work

OpenVPN + vpnsecure.me (or some free one) + Australia SSL server for those interested. No you won't get banned for doing it. Set Steam to offline mode until tomorrow after decryption if you want to disconnect the VPN.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

8. Re: Game Reviews Mar 25, 2013, 11:30 InBlack

The strange gunplay was what turned me off the most from the first game, also the console elements like those Vita chambers were totally "Wtf??" to me at least....

I should take Verno's review with a grain of salt though, he did try it on the PS3, whereas I would play this game exclusively on the PC...

I have a nifty blue line!

7. Re: Game Reviews Mar 25, 2013, 11:26 PHJF

I wouldn't say that Bioshock had a good storyline so much as it had a good setting.

It was at a minimum 10x better than the competition. It was reasonably smart, it was well written, it had good pace, and the conclusion was pretty satisfying.

The gunplay is much better than the first game, you face a lot more enemies and its better paced.

I hope so because the lack of enemy variety was the big thing holding BioShock back. It's funny because that leaked .pdf on steam had concept art from all these crazy-looking mutant enemies and NOT ONE of them ended up in the game.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

6. Re: Game Reviews Mar 25, 2013, 09:28 Verno

I played a bit more on a friends PS3 on the weekend. The gunplay is much better than the first game, you face a lot more enemies and its better paced. No more wrench/stealth play though. Story is good and Columbia actually feels almost like a real place instead of just a videogame setting. The upgrade system is a bit weird, I didn't play enough to see if it's going to be more limited than the first game. You can't really call the game open world, its more like Crysis with big open levels with hidden stuff and exploratory items if you want to find them. No clue on total length but I would guess easily 20ish hours long, if not more. Game is totally first rate based on what I saw and definitely worth $60.  

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

5. Re: Game Reviews Mar 25, 2013, 09:27 Bhruic

InBlack wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 08:57:
This is both refreshing and suspect at the same time, the original Bioshock had a great storyline (apparently) but the gameplay was so terribad (for me at least) that I couldnt be bothered to finish it.

I wouldn't say that Bioshock had a good storyline so much as it had a good setting. The story was ok, but pretty basic (barring the "plot twist"). So if Infinite actually has a good story, that'll be a step up.

4. Re: Game Reviews Mar 25, 2013, 09:25 nin

Oh, I'm sure I'll be talking about it, but it'll be a day or two.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: Game Reviews Mar 25, 2013, 09:22 InBlack

nin wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 09:04:
Well this is the third rave review on Bioshock that Ive read. Although all of them have focused on the story as the best part of the game. This is both refreshing and suspect at the same time, the original Bioshock had a great storyline (apparently) but the gameplay was so terribad (for me at least) that I couldnt be bothered to finish it.

Anyone on Blues try it yet?

Just sent Blue several more - all look good!

Gonna be hard not to get up early tomorrow before work and play...

So lets have a Blues review, please let us know of your impressions of the game nin as soon as you have some.

2. Re: Game Reviews Mar 25, 2013, 09:04 nin

Well this is the third rave review on Bioshock that Ive read. Although all of them have focused on the story as the best part of the game. This is both refreshing and suspect at the same time, the original Bioshock had a great storyline (apparently) but the gameplay was so terribad (for me at least) that I couldnt be bothered to finish it.

Just sent Blue several more - all look good!

Gonna be hard not to get up early tomorrow before work and play...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Game Reviews Mar 25, 2013, 08:57 InBlack

13 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo