Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Defiance Beta Event Underway

The Defiance Beta Page has details on the third beta event for Defiance, Trion's MMO tie-in with the Syfy network's new TV series. Word is the NDA is being lifted at this time, so this will lead to videos and impressions of the game showing up online.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Defiance Beta Event Underway Mar 24, 2013, 15:11 KezClone

After entering the beta, I've gone from not much interest (and mocking the TV tie-in a bit) to strongly considering a purchase sometime when the price drops. I will never pay $60 for a PC game (or any video game).

7. Re: Defiance Beta Event Underway Mar 23, 2013, 12:27 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Mar 23, 2013, 03:09:
Really? I thought it was hella lame.
People have different tastes than you. Shocking I know. Enjoying this, it's no AAA title, but it's pretty fun.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Defiance Beta Event Underway Mar 23, 2013, 10:41 PHJF

Looks more entertaining than Dust514 and Warframe, anyways.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

5. Re: Defiance Beta Event Underway Mar 23, 2013, 10:18 Ripperjack

This Beta weekend makes me a sad panda!

They shut down the alpha servers for the weekend, to focus on beta, and as I'm in alpha, I can't play until after the weekend.

Yea, yea... I can download the beta client, but with my crappy rural 3G internet that would take me all weekend to do just that!

4. Re: Defiance Beta Event Underway Mar 23, 2013, 10:16 Zanthar

Cutter wrote on Mar 23, 2013, 03:09:

Yep really... You see, games are like books, movies, art, favorite color... It's possible to like something that another person doesn't. I know, it's shocking isn't it?!

3. Re: Defiance Beta Event Underway Mar 23, 2013, 03:13 Sempai

What's killin me is it's quite clear it was made multiplatform with the lowest common denominator in mind. Fucking consoles, gdamned 8yr old hardware has been invading my games for far too long.

That said, Trion has their hands in it, which for me is a good thing. These guys seem to have their shit together. Rift is a solid mmo run by good people.

This game so far IS fun, and it almost seems to work better with my damned xbox controller, which is a good thing i guess?..I can't believe i just said that..

Even though it looks dated, i am having some fun with it.

2. Re: Defiance Beta Event Underway Mar 23, 2013, 03:09 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

1. Re: Defiance Beta Event Underway Mar 23, 2013, 00:55 Zanthar

This game is hella fun so far. A nice mix of Guild wars 2, borderlands and fallout, is what the game feels like to me. No lag at all in crowded areas, I encountered zero bugs in the 5 or so hours that I played.

I'm kinda impressed actually, I was expecting a bug fest being so close to launch with no open beta. I'm even going to pre-order this.

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo