Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Splinter Cell Blacklist Walkthrough Trailer

This new trailer from Splinter Cell Blacklist, offers a developer walkthrough from the next installment in Ubisoft's stealth/action videogame series. Word is: "In this latest asset, game director Patrick Redding showcases three different approaches to tackling the Abandoned Mill level via the Ghost, Panther and Assault play styles."

View
9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

9. Re: Splinter Cell Blacklist Walkthrough Trailer Mar 24, 2013, 03:00 Fantaz

Rattlehead wrote on Mar 24, 2013, 01:10:
siapnar wrote on Mar 23, 2013, 16:45:
I'm still waiting for that awesome Splinter Cell prototype they showed at e3 2007

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ70T5SPhRY
The most awesome part was that all of that was scrapped.

My guess is they couldn't come up with a good story to support that kind of free roaming gameplay.

The trailer looks good, but something about the new Splinter Cell makes a little worried... kind of looks too much like Conviction in ways and I didn't really enjoy that game that much.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

8. Re: Splinter Cell Blacklist Walkthrough Trailer Mar 24, 2013, 01:10 Rattlehead

siapnar wrote on Mar 23, 2013, 16:45:
I'm still waiting for that awesome Splinter Cell prototype they showed at e3 2007

The most awesome part was that all of that was scrapped.

7. Re: Splinter Cell Blacklist Walkthrough Trailer Mar 23, 2013, 16:45 siapnar

I have projectile dysfunction.

6. Re: Splinter Cell Blacklist Walkthrough Trailer Mar 23, 2013, 14:14 Rattlehead

I hate how Sam gets younger as time goes by. he's not Benjamin button. part of the appeal of San Fisher was he was older and obviously not as agile and it showed during gameplay . Ubisoft destroys this beloved series by bastardizing all the stealth aspects and replacing him with generic predator takedowns and a renegade personality that took away ask if his charm and likeability  

5. Re: Splinter Cell Blacklist Walkthrough Trailer Mar 23, 2013, 13:47 kyleb

I'm still going to need to see a good bit of Spy vs, Merc gameplay footage before I decide if I'll pay full price, but what this shows of SP looks like something I'll at least buy on a Steam sale at some point.

As for the execution skill, it can be fun if you just run through the who map stabbing people to build the meter and never using the guns for anything other than executions. It winds up like playing through a Borne movie or something. But yeah, using it any other way is just lame.

4. Re: Splinter Cell Blacklist Walkthrough Trailer Mar 23, 2013, 06:52 Quinn

Sad to see the Execution skill isn't removed. That fucker feels so much like cheating it's ridiculous. If this was an FPS, it'd be alright. But this is a stealth game, where the total amount of enemies per level can almost be counted on one hand (exaggeration, but still).

I won't be using the ability, but the fact that I can feels disgusting.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

3. Re: Splinter Cell Blacklist Walkthrough Trailer Mar 23, 2013, 03:39 netnerd85

Looks great, definitely some improvements from Conviction. They are really mixing elements from the last Ghost Recon and Splinter Cell games at the moment with technology though aren't they.

I may actually pay something more than 75% off for this one depending on the technical issues at launch and DLC situation.

2. Re: Splinter Cell Blacklist Walkthrough Trailer Mar 22, 2013, 23:58 Jerykk

Developers really need to stop misusing the term "ghosting." If you're knocking people out, you aren't ghosting. Ghosting is when you get through a level without killing or incapacitating anyone.  

1. Re: Splinter Cell Blacklist Walkthrough Trailer Mar 22, 2013, 22:48 NamecaF

Looks pretty good. I was a fan of the the originals and also liked Conviction. This looks like it allows you the best of both worlds - the stealth and non-lethal approach from the first three games and the hardcore action of conviction.  

9 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo