Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Torment Kickstarter Adds Chris Avellone Goal

The Kickstarter for Torment: Tides of Numenera announces a new stretch goal for inXile entertainment's upcoming RPG, saying that Planescape Torment designer Chris Avellone will join the development team if they surpass the $3.5 million threshold, which is under $700K away with a fortnight remaining in the campaign. Word is: "At $3.5M, Chris will be joining our design team. He’ll have two primary roles. First, he will be reviewing and providing feedback on all creative elements of the game, including the story, characters, and areas. His input will be invaluable as a resource to Colin in further detailing the creative vision for the game. Second, he’ll be designing and writing an eighth companion for the game, working with Colin and Monte to craft a companion ideal for both Torment and the Ninth World of Numenera."

View
45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

5. Re: Torment Kickstarter Adds Chris Avellone Goal Mar 22, 2013, 09:45 Rain

I'm waiting to see of a return of investment in earlier kickstarters, until at least the Police Quest kickstarter begins. Plus skyrim should hold me for another 300+ hours when I try out the Skyre mod and eventually get Dragonborn.  

"Aoccdrnig to rscheearch at an Elingsh uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer is at the rghit pclae..."
------------------------------------------------
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

4. Re: Torment Kickstarter Adds Chris Avellone Goal Mar 22, 2013, 09:23 nin

Post on there! That's what it's there for...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: Torment Kickstarter Adds Chris Avellone Goal Mar 22, 2013, 09:22 InBlack

nin wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 09:11:
I doubt it just goes towards that. It's about giving people an excuse to continue pledging. They had an extremely strong start but have slowed a bit (as all KS do, esp when heavily front loaded like this one).

Well they should clear that up on their KS page, or add a few more things that they will be doing with that cash (other thank hiring Chris) because from where I stand it looks like that money is going into his pocket...

I have a nifty blue line!

2. Re: Torment Kickstarter Adds Chris Avellone Goal Mar 22, 2013, 09:11 nin

I doubt it just goes towards that. It's about giving people an excuse to continue pledging. They had an extremely strong start but have slowed a bit (as all KS do, esp when heavily front loaded like this one).

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

1. Re: Torment Kickstarter Adds Chris Avellone Goal Mar 22, 2013, 09:08 InBlack

As much as I like Avellone's writing, if that cash is simply to hire him he has got to be the highest paid game writer in existence....kind of douchy IMO...  

I have a nifty blue line!

45 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo