Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

View
26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

26. Re: Game Reviews Mar 25, 2013, 11:01 nin

yuastnav wrote on Mar 25, 2013, 10:59:
Reading the review on RPS made me even less enthusiastic about Bioshock. To me it doesn't sound like a good game.
Oh well, that much was apparent in the preview videos. :/

No worries! It'll still be fun w/o you!

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

25. Re: Game Reviews Mar 25, 2013, 10:59 yuastnav

Reading the review on RPS made me even less enthusiastic about Bioshock. To me it doesn't sound like a good game.
Oh well, that much was apparent in the preview videos. :/

24. Re: Game Reviews Mar 24, 2013, 09:24 Redmask

How about you worry about how to spend your money and I'll worry about how to spend mine? This is a game to me, not a political statement. I got the game very cheap and if it sucks I'm prepared to eat the loss and have egg on my face. Guess what though? It's not going to suck, there are a ton of gameplay videos and opinions already.  

23. Re: Game Reviews Mar 24, 2013, 05:10 InBlack

How bout you wait till its released and not preorder the game just in case Redmask? Im so sick of developers/publishers getting away with putting shit in a pretty box. Hasnt A:CM and Simcity been a lesson to us all??

I dont want to infere anything, but the simple fact that there has been one, ONE exclusive review and by the bros at IGN no less, is telling me to steer well clear of this game until its out and for a few days and some clearer impressions arise from the public at large.

I have a nifty blue line!

22. Re: Game Reviews Mar 23, 2013, 14:57 Redmask

Not a single example of their bad track record? Ok then.  

21. Re: Game Reviews Mar 22, 2013, 22:27 Redmask

Cutter wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 22:09:
No, they don't have a good track record.

What blemishes do they have on their track record and how do those compare?

20. Re: Game Reviews Mar 22, 2013, 22:09 Cutter

jdreyer wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 19:51:
Cutter wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 19:15:

Is that a gratis copy or are you buying it? If it's the latter it's your money to waste.

Do you have inside info, or are you just prognosticating? You seem to think this game will suck, but Ken and Irrational have a pretty good track record. And unlike A:CM, the trailers and gameplay previews have looked pretty good.

No, they don't have a good track record. And this game has been in development hell since day one if you've followed any of this so far. People coming and going every day, out of control budget, PR people in panic mode. The whole thing just reeks of failure. Pay attention.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

19. Re: Game Reviews Mar 22, 2013, 19:51 jdreyer

Cutter wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 19:15:

Is that a gratis copy or are you buying it? If it's the latter it's your money to waste.

Do you have inside info, or are you just prognosticating? You seem to think this game will suck, but Ken and Irrational have a pretty good track record. And unlike A:CM, the trailers and gameplay previews have looked pretty good.

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

18. Re: Game Reviews Mar 22, 2013, 19:15 Cutter

EternityInBlack wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 15:05:
I'm just anxious to play Bioshock Infinite. No amount of press is going to stop me from getting it... though I find it funny that other sites are expressing their saltiness for the review exclusivity in interesting ways.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

17. Re: Game Reviews Mar 22, 2013, 18:42 ASeven

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/18i8n9g6valmujpg/original.jpg  

16. Re: Game Reviews Mar 22, 2013, 17:41 Redmask

Chris Avellone has an advance copy so I would wager the magazines have theirs too. I don't think they should break the date agreement, that sounds like a recipe for a lawsuit or the publisher refusing to deal with you in the future.  

15. Re: Game Reviews Mar 22, 2013, 16:52 Leper

They should just all break embargo

Do they even have the game to review? Haven't been following this story too closely, but of course the game is going to get a good review because it's an exclusive. On the other hand, it wouldn't have an exclusive review if it wasn't a good game.

Looks like a worthy sequel, but yeah, I won't be buying it on day 1 because of all the risks with doing that (see Simcity, Diablo, other buggy or overhyped games).

14. Re: Game Reviews Mar 22, 2013, 15:35 SpectralMeat

Verno wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 15:32:
They should just all break embargo, the publisher can't do anything once more than a few do it. No one is going to sue over it these days.
Yeah but then no more benefits from that publisher, no more games in advance etc.

Steam: SpectralMeat

13. Re: Game Reviews Mar 22, 2013, 15:32 Verno

They should just all break embargo, the publisher can't do anything once more than a few do it. No one is going to sue over it these days.  

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

12. Re: Game Reviews Mar 22, 2013, 15:05 EternityInBlack

I'm just anxious to play Bioshock Infinite. No amount of press is going to stop me from getting it... though I find it funny that other sites are expressing their saltiness for the review exclusivity in interesting ways.

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 2013, 15:16.

XBL: EternityInBlack
PSN: EternityInBlack
Steam: EternityInBlack

11. Re: Game Reviews Mar 22, 2013, 15:02 SpectralMeat

The game might still be good, regardless of what IGN says, but is it 9.4 out of 10 good? We will see next week when player feedback starts to flow.
If for nothing else at least the review is a good read to learn more about the game, but I wouldn't place my buying decisions on their scores.

Steam: SpectralMeat

10. Re: Game Reviews Mar 22, 2013, 14:54 Tim1_2

Quboid wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 14:41:
I'm off to barf.

That is NOT your utmost enthusiasm.

Currently playing: DayZ

9. Re: Game Reviews Mar 22, 2013, 14:44 jdreyer

Just leave IGN ALONE!!!

Bigcry

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

8. Re: Game Reviews Mar 22, 2013, 14:41 Quboid

That Avatar's new? I wasn't sure. Very nice, but it doesn't beat a cat's head in silloette.

I read the IGN review before reading these comments, I shouldn't have given them the hit. If anyone's wondering, surprisingly enough they really like it! Who'd have thunk!

9.4 AMAZING

In total, BioShock Infinite is a brilliant shooter that nudges the entire genre forward with innovations in both storytelling and gameplay. It trips over itself in a couple of spots, but not in any way that should keep you from embracing it with your utmost enthusiasm.

I'm off to barf.

- Quboid

7. Re: Game Reviews Mar 22, 2013, 11:14 Creston

Verno wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 08:54:
Not going to give them the hit traffic for that review and I recommend others ignore it as well.

Yep. Plus you can already imagine what it says anyway.

Cool new avatar. Kind of a Saints Row vibe to it.

Creston

26 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo