Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

CD Projekt RED Roadmap

This document (Adobe Acrobat format) offers a roadmap of the next couple of years for CD Projekt RED, explaining (in Polish) the Polish developer's plans. A post on The Witcher forums translates some key points from this, which includes word on a couple of unannounced smaller (20 hour) games based on one of their properties (thanks Zak). Here's word:

• open REDkit beta and further support of the modding community
  • premiere of the first non-computer game set in the Witcher world
  • launch of a local branch of CD Projekt RED in the United States, focused on marketing and PR for both Americas, especially the US.

2014-2016

• launch of The Witcher 3 for at least three strong platforms including PC and PS4
  • launch of Cyberpunk 2077
  • two smaller (about 20 hours of gameplay) but top-quality games supporting one of the product lines
  • a cross-platform mobile game based on one of CDPR's brands
  • start of license sales for REDengine
  • long-term Witcher 3 support involving completely new mechanisms
  • launch of the full version of the REDkit and further modding community support
  • launch of further local CDPR branches in key territories

View
31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

31. Re: CD Projekt RED Roadmap Mar 22, 2013, 15:50 Fletch

Slick wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 02:00:
"name me one PC gamer... ...doesn't pirate most of their games."

Fletch. And I can name lots more. Witcher2 sales alone prove you wrong. Good PC games sell. JFC, you talk like a clueless newb who thinks this is the first time this has been discussed here, instead of the millionth. Most of us were members here before you cuffed your carrot for the first time. I have shelves full of PC game boxes, from the DOS days to the present, in my game room, and almost 400 games between my Steam and GoG accounts.

"Debate" you on this? You don't understand the word, and you have no argument anyway. Just regurgitations from PR departments who try to justify invasive DRM, and anecdotal "evidence" from your tiny world.

Oh, and Rolleyes

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

30. Re: CD Projekt RED Roadmap Mar 22, 2013, 14:06 kyleb

Cutter wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 04:32:
kyleb wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 01:11:
Cutter wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 23:11:
There's also Central and Middle America too.
No, it's not a matter of also, both are regions which span sections of the two American continents, Central America being a region within the region of Middle America.

Yes, but they're all considered distinct regions with their own distinct countries, hence the names, so it's very much also.
No, it's not, much as Canada and Mexico are not a matter of also when speaking of North America.

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 2013, 18:02.

29. Re: CD Projekt RED Roadmap Mar 22, 2013, 11:05 Reactor

Just to support the guy who said not every gamer pirates- I don't pirate a thing. I actually enjoy paying for things these days.  

28. Re: CD Projekt RED Roadmap Mar 22, 2013, 11:05 btallas

InBlack wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 05:41:
Xil wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 02:33:
Cutter wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 21:12:
Both Americas? Maybe things have changed since I studied geography but I'm pretty certain I would have heard if there was another America.

On this side of the pond if someone says "both americas" then they mean north and south. And since the document was in polish for themselves its pretty clear

Exactly. Just ignore the touchy fuckers...

^^ This! They're just being douchey and trying to act all "intellectual".

27. Re: CD Projekt RED Roadmap Mar 22, 2013, 08:34 ASeven

Droniac wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 07:50:
It's almost as bad as the CoD kiddies whining at (a completely correct) TotalBiscuit on Twitter yesterday, proclaiming their "godlike intelligence" and then proceeding to not understand that their saying "you're entitled to head-butt a knife" actually qualifies as a death-threat.

Oh, what happened? What did TB say?

26. Re: CD Projekt RED Roadmap Mar 22, 2013, 07:50 Droniac

you can't be seriously trying to debate me on this? can you???

name me one PC gamer who's never heard of torrentz, let alone doesn't pirate most of their games. now name me one Console gamer that even understands how it would be possible to pirate a game for the PS3...

logic much? i don't have to listen to wtf a publisher says, i know from my own eyes and ears that %90 of the PC gamers i know pirate their stuff, while i know of exactly 1 console gamer who has a modded xbox 360.

lol, i guess i'm just a shill for the publishing companies though right? and unable to make my own conclusions with my own judgement from my own personal experience...

*ROLLEYES*

There are tens of millions of PC gamers who have never heard of torrents. Many people play Facebook games, web games, solitaire, The Sims, MMOs, etc.

Also, while this should have been covered in elementary school, you should know that your "logic" is based on the most stupid kind of fallacious reasoning. You're taking your own, small, marginal, experience to be the reality for the entire industry.

Face reality kid: your personal experience is not even a blip of a blip of a blip of a blip of a blip of a blip of a blip on the radar of the piracy situation for the games industry. And that's not exclusive to you: it's true for every individual, including myself. My, entirely opposite to your, personal experience is equally invalid when it comes to describing the full picture.

The knowledge that personal experience counts for absolutely nothing in arguments like these is such a basic fact of reasoning that to have you shouting "LOGIC" is the most hilarious thing I've seen in quite a while. It's almost as bad as the CoD kiddies whining at (a completely correct) TotalBiscuit on Twitter yesterday, proclaiming their "godlike intelligence" and then proceeding to not understand that their saying "you're entitled to head-butt a knife" actually qualifies as a death-threat.

25. Re: CD Projekt RED Roadmap Mar 22, 2013, 07:14 Raptor

Talking of piracy then I suppose I and many others have a simple relationship with it.
If I don't fully trust or respect the dev/game then it's safer to "try it out first" - if it's good then it's worth buying.
So as mentioned below then piracy numbers are not in a direct correlation with lost sales.
Money is a strong roadsign for showing appreciation and I think any DRM that's intrusive has always hurt more - not the pirates, but all the honest people. (possibly even driving the piracy and becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy)
Plus it shows what the dev/publisher thinks about you. (you won't ask a friend to give you his passport when he wants to borrow your car for a day do you?)

There are two main developers (BIS & CDRED) where I don't even consider the process and buy straight away. Two devs which have shown time and again that they actually respect the community and don't consider us to be complete and utter idiots.

There are certainly a few others where I wouldn't hesitate to start throwing money around straight away (Total War games), but these are the two main examples.

Full respect to these guys!

24. Re: CD Projekt RED Roadmap Mar 22, 2013, 05:41 InBlack

Xil wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 02:33:
Both Americas? Maybe things have changed since I studied geography but I'm pretty certain I would have heard if there was another America.

On this side of the pond if someone says "both americas" then they mean north and south. And since the document was in polish for themselves its pretty clear

Exactly. Just ignore the touchy fuckers...

I have a nifty blue line!

23. Re: CD Projekt RED Roadmap Mar 22, 2013, 05:02 Denthor

name me one PC gamer who's never heard of torrentz, let alone doesn't pirate most of their games. now name me one Console gamer that even understands how it would be possible to pirate a game for the PS3...

logic much? i don't have to listen to wtf a publisher says, i know from my own eyes and ears that %90 of the PC gamers i know pirate their stuff, while i know of exactly 1 console gamer who has a modded xbox 360.

lol, i guess i'm just a shill for the publishing companies though right? and unable to make my own conclusions with my own judgement from my own personal experience...

*ROLLEYES*

Yer and how many of those people are people that buy it on the console then pirate the pc version cause they feel their entitled to. Or how many would have never bought the game anyway cause they have no money? How many downloaded it just to check it out, found out it was good then went and bought it? Just cause a torrent has been downloaded a million times in no way means that they lost one million sales - I don't think you could even try and translate it to lost sales.

Fuck idiots think that piracy is so black and white. Sick of shills or fuck tards making sweeping generalizations and lapping up the bullshit PR media companies spill.

Its pretty fucking simple - make a good game and people will want to buy it and support the company.

22. Re: CD Projekt RED Roadmap Mar 22, 2013, 05:01 VxChemical

netnerd85 wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 01:40:
Slick wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 01:25:
jacobvandy wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 00:41:
Slick wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 00:30:
if it was PC only they'd be throwing away 95% potential profit, most people would pirate it.

Holy shit, they've got you man! You are why major publishers pay the PR people so much money to make up complete and utter lies...

The Witcher 2 was offered from the beginning COMPLETELY free of DRM (remember it was the first new title to be released on GOG). That means it took ZERO effort for people to pirate it. That game sold more than a million copies on PC before it was announced for consoles.

yeah, i guess i'm just imagining the PC having a disproportionally higher rate of piracy then the consoles... *roll eyes*
Yes, because you believe shit that publishers say.

*ROLLEYES*

I havent pirated a game in years. I am primarily a PC Gamer, though i do own all consoles.

There are surely more people like me. Most people here at bluesnews seem to be against piracy. So your estimate that all PC gamers pirate games definetly isnt correct.

21. Re: CD Projekt RED Roadmap Mar 22, 2013, 04:32 Cutter

kyleb wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 01:11:
No, it's not a matter of also, both are regions which span sections of the two American continents, Central America being a region within the region of Middle America.

Yes, but they're all considered distinct regions with their own distinct countries, hence the names, so it's very much also.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

20. Re: CD Projekt RED Roadmap Mar 22, 2013, 02:35 saluk

if it was PC only they'd be throwing away 95% potential profit, most people would pirate it.

Holy shit, they've got you man! You are why major publishers pay the PR people so much money to make up complete and utter lies...

The Witcher 2 was offered from the beginning COMPLETELY free of DRM (remember it was the first new title to be released on GOG). That means it took ZERO effort for people to pirate it. That game sold more than a million copies on PC before it was announced for consoles.

I could be wrong, but I remember witcher 2 being announced for consoles before the pc version was released. It was always part of the plan - but they still focused on pc first and no drm.

19. Re: CD Projekt RED Roadmap Mar 22, 2013, 02:33 Xil

18. Re: CD Projekt RED Roadmap Mar 22, 2013, 02:04 Creston

-long-term Witcher 3 support involving completely new mechanisms
-launch of the full version of the REDkit and further modding community support

That sounds awesome. If it sees even a tenth of the mod support that Skyrim has, it'll make Witcher 3 fantastic.

Creston

17. Re: CD Projekt RED Roadmap Mar 22, 2013, 02:00 Slick

netnerd85 wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 01:40:

yeah, i guess i'm just imagining the PC having a disproportionally higher rate of piracy then the consoles... *roll eyes*

*ROLLEYES*

16. Re: CD Projekt RED Roadmap Mar 22, 2013, 01:40 netnerd85

15. Re: CD Projekt RED Roadmap Mar 22, 2013, 01:25 Slick

14. Re: CD Projekt RED Roadmap Mar 22, 2013, 01:11 kyleb

13. Re: CD Projekt RED Roadmap Mar 22, 2013, 00:41 jacobvandy

12. Re: CD Projekt RED Roadmap Mar 22, 2013, 00:30 Slick

Bumpy wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 00:17:
Cyberpunk is what I'm waiting to see.

Not a fanboy of this company like I was ever since they jumped onto the console parade wagon with Witcher 2.

for a company making a single-player RPG, and not releasing it on conlsoles is a sure fire way of sinking the company. not saying i agree with it, but you know as well as i do that it's true. if it was PC only they'd be throwing away 95% potential profit, most people would pirate it.

31 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo