Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

On Sale

Steam's Indie Spring Sale is underway between now and March 29th, offering "hundreds of games, including IGF winners and finalists."

• Bridge Project on Steam. Save 20% on prepurchases.
  • Crysis 3 on Gamefly.com. Save 40%.
  • Dark Souls: Prepare To Die Edition on Steam. Save 50%.
  • FIFA Soccer 13 on Gamefly.com. Save 60%.
  • Hearts of Iron 3 Collection on Steam. Save 75%.
  • POSTAL on Steam. Save 10%.
  • Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods and Kings on Gamefly.com. Save 75%.
  • Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gold Edition on Gamefly.com. Save 75%.
  • Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed on Gamefly.com. Save 50%.

View
10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

10. Re: On Sale Mar 22, 2013, 07:19 Esoteric

Dark Souls is an awesome game, and the port is fine if you use the patch. And I wouldn't call it "grinding," it's more like practicing until you know how to fight. Once you know how to play, an area that took you 5 hours to reach before can now be reached in 1 hour. It's not an easy game, but it's not inherently "grindy," although you can choose to play it that way if you want to.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

9. Re: On Sale Mar 22, 2013, 06:21 yuastnav

mag wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 05:23:
[...]
They didn't add any PC-specific features, but they did include the new content and priced the game low lower to start.
[...]

Fixed.

Although 40 Euro (or your regional equivalent, which for most publishers means a direct numrical conversion) is not really low.

I guess I'll play Dark Souls eventually but not before it goes below 10 Euro.

8. Re: On Sale Mar 22, 2013, 05:46 Dev

mag wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 05:23:
I guess I did have it crash once on start-up, but that was GFWL shitting itself.
Not an unusual situation for good ole GFWL. Once it figures out how to update itself it usually works decently for me, but up until that point O M G it can be a pain.

7. Re: On Sale Mar 22, 2013, 05:23 mag

Cutter wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 23:15:
I still want DS but can't justify paying more than $5 for it given it's supposedly such a shitty port.
It's not that bad. It is the best version of the game. Flat out. It performs the best and has the best graphics, especially if you get the DSfix mod.

They didn't add any PC-specific features, but they did include the new content and priced the game low to start.

I guess I did have it crash once on start-up, but that was GFWL shitting itself.

6. Re: On Sale Mar 22, 2013, 03:44 Dev

A total of 635 games on sale (steams specials tab tops out at 100, the all specials number on the right tops out at around 600).
Complete sale list sorted to name:
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?sort_by=Name&sort_order=ASC&specials=1

jdreyer wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 23:26:
I own so many indie games, that I can't even get the bundles anymore since I own most of the games in them.
You can still buy the bundles and gift them away. And some of the bundles still give you individual steam codes so you could use what you don't have and gift the rest. You mean you don't want to get them, not that you can't

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 2013, 03:52.

5. Re: On Sale Mar 22, 2013, 01:06 Cutter

Yeah, I played it for few days on the 360 as a rental but didn't get too far into it, so I'm curious to finish it and praise the sun. \o/

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

4. Re: On Sale Mar 22, 2013, 00:52 Jerykk

Cutter wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 23:15:
I still want DS but can't justify paying more than $5 for it given it's supposedly such a shitty port.

I can only recommend DS if you have a high tolerance for grinding. The game has the worst respawns I've ever seen in any game ever. Basically, whenever you use a bonfire, enemies respawn. The following mechanics require the use of bonfires:

1) Spawning after death or loading your save.
2) Refilling your health flasks.
3) Leveling up.
4) Using humanity points to turn yourself human (as opposed to your default undead state).
5) Repairing items.
6) Upgrading items.
7) Managing your inventory chest.

So basically, you'll be fighting the same enemies over and over and over again.

3. Re: On Sale Mar 21, 2013, 23:26 jdreyer

I own so many indie games, that I can't even get the bundles anymore since I own most of the games in them.  

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

2. Re: On Sale Mar 21, 2013, 23:15 Cutter

James Woods: Oh that's fun. That sounds like you had a fun time. Where would I fit in with the fun time, huh? Where does James Woods fit into the fun?

1. Re: On Sale Mar 21, 2013, 19:55 swedishfriend

crysis 3 seems to be 33% off. $20 dollars less than $60. 1/3rd off or 33%  

10 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo