Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer

A new trailer for Battlefield 4 follows the recent mini-tease with an actual tease, as the clip runs a full 20 seconds (break out the popcorn) and concludes with word once again to expect the full version of this trailer on March 27th. In the meantime the clip shows a ship's propeller spinning up, which goes with the trailer's title, "Prepare 4 Battle: Sea," to further suggest the next installment in DICE's military series will feature an increased emphasis on naval combat.

View
52 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

52. psychomoggiebagpuss@hotmail.com Mar 23, 2013, 02:28 PsychoMoggieBagpuss

jdreyer wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 19:34:
netnerd85 wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 17:57:
Slick wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 17:26:
BF is the best FPS game on the market, and has been largely unchallenged for a very very long time.
Could not DISAGREE more.

Battlefield has become a complete joke.

Just out of curiosity, what's the best shooter, in your opinion?
For me, Quakeworld.

Aero/Basewalk. UltraViolence, Debello Quakero. Dm2-6. Threewave CTF. ikdm ,etc.
Nothing's come close since.

Sadly

PMB / Shodan
http:/www.futilez
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

51. Re: Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer Mar 22, 2013, 15:12 ASeven

Redmask wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 07:04:
Slick wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 23:51:
several long diatribes

Why are you always attempting to smother what other people say with long, rambling posts that try to offplay their subjective views? Do you think this isn't apparent to other people, what you're doing only in EA threads? How many times have you posted in this thread alone?

I don't have any rose tinted glasses except for on my avatar, I still play older BF games all the time because they are functionally superior to BF3 and BC2 in most areas where it matters.

It's Slick. He has lied, from saying Steamguard was DRM to saying we should make a chargeback on Simcity, knowing full well EA was banning people who did that. He also uses his own brand of logic, which is to say he doesn't use any logic, facts or anything related to intellect as you have read so far, and when you get the upper hand on him, a very easy feat to do, he goes on with ad hominens. As you also noticed, he is quite good at trying to demean anything that isn't EA and derail anything that may paint EA in a bad light.

My advice, put him in the ignore file. That's the only attention he deserves.

50. Re: Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer Mar 22, 2013, 13:07 Slick

lol shill school? how is that applicable AT ALL to a single word i've said in this thread?

how about you just came from retard school? is that just as appropriate?

and how am i off topic by having a civilized discussion with a fellow member about the virtues about new vs old BF games in a thread about BF4?

i swear some people are just retarded.

49. Re: Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer Mar 22, 2013, 07:29 TheVocalMinority

It's back to shill school for slick I think.  
Assley Putz
"Was vocalminority assley putzs most recent handle?"
-nin May 16, 2012, 10:52

48. Re: Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer Mar 22, 2013, 07:04 Redmask

Slick wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 23:51:
several long diatribes

Why are you always attempting to smother what other people say with long, rambling posts that try to offplay their subjective views? Do you think this isn't apparent to other people, what you're doing only in EA threads? How many times have you posted in this thread alone?

I don't have any rose tinted glasses except for on my avatar, I still play older BF games all the time because they are functionally superior to BF3 and BC2 in most areas where it matters.

47. Re: Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer Mar 22, 2013, 03:09 netnerd85

Slick wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 02:53:
well you should post here somewhere after re-installing BF2/1942. As i said earlier, i'll re-iterate: Rose colored-glasses.

SNIP

Re-install, and tell us how well it's aged.
I play them for a bit every year. No rose coloured glasses, they are that good and that fun. That's why I keep playing them year after year. I just don't play them every month, too many other games to play! Plus I don't have much Hard Drive space, really need a new HD. I also play them COOP with my partner.

GRAW2, now that aged a bit last time I played it

46. Re: Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer Mar 22, 2013, 02:53 Slick

netnerd85 wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 02:35:
Slick wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 02:21:
i agree with alot of your picks netnerd, but you kinda lose credibility when you say things like: "it's definately not BF4". you mean the game no one's played yet?

for me it would be 2142, cause i just had so much fun playing for various teams in that game. northern strike was so epic, hover sleds, walkers, the goliath, pod spinning. think i clocked over 1000 hours in that one easily.
Of course I haven't played it, but you can tell where a company may go in the future - Yes I'm assuming (and that's bad to do). I haven't seen anything from DICE which would make me think they are capable of creating another great shooter. That's just my opinion, I would like to be proven wrong and see them make something better than BF1942. But that is unlikely to happen.

Tried to play 2142 with my partner but yeah... we went back to BF2: Forgotten Hope 2.

I need... a grease monkey

Dammit, now I'm going to have to install BF1942 and/or BF2 to play

well you should post here somewhere after re-installing BF2/1942. As i said earlier, i'll re-iterate: Rose colored-glasses. I loved those games, just as i loved many others that i played a decade or more ago. However i don't miss the crappy cone-of fire. the insta-prone for improved accuracy. Dolphin diving. the shitty hit reg. the garbage sounds, no destruction, and shitty graphics. The infinite grenade spawn. The 7 freaking classes, do you want to be the class with a wrench? or the other class with a rocket launcher? do you want to have a finite sprint bar? how about not being able to strafe while sprinting?

stuff like that have helped the franchise IMO. taking out 6 man squads, ingame voip, and commander hurt it. But the positives outweigh the negatives.

Re-install, and tell us how well it's aged.

45. Re: Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer Mar 22, 2013, 02:35 netnerd85

Slick wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 02:21:
i agree with alot of your picks netnerd, but you kinda lose credibility when you say things like: "it's definately not BF4". you mean the game no one's played yet?

for me it would be 2142, cause i just had so much fun playing for various teams in that game. northern strike was so epic, hover sleds, walkers, the goliath, pod spinning. think i clocked over 1000 hours in that one easily.
Of course I haven't played it, but you can tell where a company may go in the future - Yes I'm assuming (and that's bad to do). I haven't seen anything from DICE which would make me think they are capable of creating another great shooter. That's just my opinion, I would like to be proven wrong and see them make something better than BF1942. But that is unlikely to happen.

Tried to play 2142 with my partner but yeah... we went back to BF2: Forgotten Hope 2.

I need... a grease monkey

Dammit, now I'm going to have to install BF1942 and/or BF2 to play

44. Re: Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer Mar 22, 2013, 02:21 Slick

43. Re: Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer Mar 22, 2013, 02:13 netnerd85

KTR wrote on Mar 22, 2013, 00:21:
ASeven wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 19:11:
Could not DISAGREE more.

Yeap. BF2 was the last true BF. Everything from that point is DICE chasing the COD money and, like COD, BF is heading towards stagnation and boredom fast. BF3 is just a streamlined POS that got nothing with the depth that BF2 offer.

I will go as far as saying that BF1942 was the true BF. No other BF game has yet to reproduce the scale of BF1942.

Does anyone remember the inside cover of BF1942 (and it's not the complete list of vehicles)?

http://i.imgur.com/yHY6hld.jpg

All those fully controllable vehicles on massive maps...EPICNESS!

I would agree, BF2 was good, great fun but it was no BF1942.

42. Re: Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer Mar 22, 2013, 02:11 netnerd85

BF is the best FPS game on the market, and has been largely unchallenged for a very very long time.
Could not DISAGREE more.

Someone asked me that before, actually I think it was you!

Let's just talk about FPS's here. You have FPS MP and FPS SP. Then you have FPS by platform.

In terms of gunplay? RAGE, by a very large margin. I've never been an id software fanboy though, so don't start on that shit.

I'm more of a tactical shooter fan. Games like Rainbox Six, Hidden and Dangerous (all time favourite game) and GRAW. The third person aspect just really adds to the experience as well as the squad elements.

COD1 would be in the top ten of FPS's, everything else in the series is a disgrace to gaming and should be forgotten

In terms of Multiplayer FPS's, well, Red Faction 1 was the most fucking enjoyable game. Brings a little tear to my eye, I miss it so much, the gaming, the map making a real community.

But Battlefield 1942/BF2 are just great fun to play, with the mods, Desert Combat and Forgotten Hope 2 you just can't go wrong.

But then there's the daddy, Unreal Tournament. The original of course, which I still play. There is no better bot fest.

Goldeneye N64?

There is no best shooter. It's yet to be made and played, but I can tell you right now, it's not fucking Battlefield 3 or BF4.

41. Re: Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer Mar 22, 2013, 00:21 KTR

ASeven wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 19:11:
Could not DISAGREE more.

Yeap. BF2 was the last true BF. Everything from that point is DICE chasing the COD money and, like COD, BF is heading towards stagnation and boredom fast. BF3 is just a streamlined POS that got nothing with the depth that BF2 offer.

I will go as far as saying that BF1942 was the true BF. No other BF game has yet to reproduce the scale of BF1942.

Does anyone remember the inside cover of BF1942 (and it's not the complete list of vehicles)?

http://i.imgur.com/yHY6hld.jpg

All those fully controllable vehicles on massive maps...EPICNESS!

40. Re: Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer Mar 21, 2013, 23:51 Slick

Redmask wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 22:36:
I'm getting pretty tired of modern Battlefield, adding a boat per map isn't going to do it for me. They need to go back to the series real roots when they weren't cutting so many features just to focus on engine pizazz to use in marketing. I don't miss the bugs from the old games but I do miss the depth, modern battlefield games feel very watered down compared to BF2 and BF2142.

Easily half of the maps have a very limited amount of vehicles per side (especially transports), the map designs themselves seem more tuned to infantry and the PC version had no semblance of teamplay due to the lack of commanders, voip and no community tools whatsoever. My friends played for a bit until they grinded the weapons but there were no recording or admin tools to facilitate ongoing multiplayer. Very disappointing and with EA having a shit track record lately they will need to do a lot to get my money.

in game voip would be nice, but i don't really know anyone who doesn't use TS/vent/mumble, especially any half competitive or even fully casual team. but for random pubs when you're lone wolfing it would be nice. 6 man squads would be nice to see make a return.

and i think in the leaked BF4 document they talk about the return of commander, so we'll have to wait and see aboot that. what they really need to do is just make it so that if no one on your team is playing commander, there's an AI commander which won't do anything on it's own, but if it has the asset ready, and a squad leader calls for it (bring back proper commo rose) ie. SL calling for an arty strike, then the AI commander will just fulfill the request.

it was annoying when no one on your team wanted to play commander, it was such a disadvantage to your team.

as for cutting features, i'd say that the ones i've listed are the only real things i miss from say BF2. the other 90% of the gameplay they've vastly improved upon, if you think that it's just "engine pizazz" then i think you're missing alot of the improvements to the gameplay formula.

People tend to think of "back in the day" games through very rose-tinted glasses. Go back and actually Play BF2. then tell me how much you miss the crappy cone-of fire. the insta-prone for improved accuracy. Dolphin diving. the shitty hit reg. the garbage sounds, no destruction, and shitty graphics. The infinite grenade spawn. The 7 freaking classes, do you want to be the class with a wrench? or the other class with a rocket launcher? do you want to have a finite sprint bar? how about not being able to strafe while sprinting?

there's a myriad of improvements that have been made to the franchise that people just love to omit when talking about how much better BF2 or 1942 was...

gonna try to ignore the EA = evil argument. talk about the game, and their developer DICE. who gives a shit about the publisher, makes no difference to the actual game.

39. Re: Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer Mar 21, 2013, 22:36 Redmask

I'm getting pretty tired of modern Battlefield, adding a boat per map isn't going to do it for me. They need to go back to the series real roots when they weren't cutting so many features just to focus on engine pizazz to use in marketing. I don't miss the bugs from the old games but I do miss the depth, modern battlefield games feel very watered down compared to BF2 and BF2142.

Easily half of the maps have a very limited amount of vehicles per side (especially transports), the map designs themselves seem more tuned to infantry and the PC version had no semblance of teamplay due to the lack of commanders, voip and no community tools whatsoever. My friends played for a bit until they grinded the weapons but there were no recording or admin tools to facilitate ongoing multiplayer. Very disappointing and with EA having a shit track record lately they will need to do a lot to get my money.

38. Re: Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer Mar 21, 2013, 20:47 Slick

bigspender wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 20:24:
stuff

yeah, planetside 2 is cool, but it doesn't have the same feeling that i love about the BF series.

1) being able to steal other's tanks has always been a hallmark of the series, adding to the uncertainty of the gameplay and leading to alot of "WTF battlefield moments". ie. being able to psych an enemy out of their tank just by running up to them with a pistol, them thinking you have C4, or ramming a jeep into them without C4, and having them jump out pre-maturely, then you steal their tank and FTW stomp them.

2) there will always be asshats and trolls in MP games, this is by no means relegated to the BF universe. there are thousands of great servers which are well maintained with proper admins. then there are those servers that never have an admin, and have hackers going 110-0 without being banned. again, this is par for the course. welcome to online FPS gaming. if you're too lazy to actually leave the shitty server you're on and find another one, i can't help you, there's literally thousands out there. it annoys me when i hear people on vent/Ts/mumble complaining about a shitty server, shitty team etc. but they refuse to leave, they just write off the whole game as shit.

3) yes, the closed quarters expansion was about tight infantry battles. not sure how a game getting back to the roots of infantry-only battles has to be "trying to be cod". howabout trying to be counterstrike? or trying to be quake? I competed in 5v5 infantry only battles in BF2, 2142, and BF3... also the CQ maps are still quite large compared to other "infantry focused" maps in other games. try playing 64 players in a CoD map, and you'll spawn into 10 people infront of you spraying your spawn point. in CQ i'd say that only the Ziba Tower level feels cramped with 64 players, the others actually have a nice flow to them without being too retarded.

fact is that there's 29 maps in BF3. and only 4 of them are "infantry only" I'll never understand why when BF3 delivers crazy huge map vehicular warfare, and then ALSO adds modes like TDM, then they get slammed on for it? since when is variety a bad thing? spice of life, no? I really enjoyed CoD2 and Cod5 when they had armor in their maps... didn't detract from enjoying the infantry only maps too..

37. Re: Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer Mar 21, 2013, 20:24 bigspender

I would dare say that planetside 2 is better - bf3 was for me felt like i was just getting shot by people I couldn't see. And I don't mind that if it is a sniper, but this was the most of the game. I stopped playing after 2 months. Where as I played the other battlefield games for years.
And also that Battlefield :Close Quarters expansion - that was just trying to be COD.

Once you are spoilt by a 500 player battle in planetside 2 its hard to go back to a 64 player or less game.

Not to mention EVERYTHING that annoys me about BF games is fixed in planetside 2.

For example, idiots stealing your vehicle - nope can't do that in ps2, you can even lock the vehicle or kick people out of it if you are waiting for your buddy or squad member.
Since all of the vehicles have to be bought with personal game points you don't a line of idiots camping the helicopter pad to either team kill you or to shoot an RPG to make your chopper crash on take off.
You also don't have any idiots parking a tank on the runway to make you crash on take off.

Not to mentiont here are admins constantly on the servers so any hackers, trolls or exploiters don't last very long.

They've actually thought about stuff from day one - and stuff that was a problem gets fixed all the time.

Also no ORIGIN

EDIT: the reason I stopped BF3 and didn't get any of the expansions was because of these little frustrating things. it was a trolls paradise.
That and some admins were sad losers - e.g. I got a repair tool kill on an admin (no primary ammo, and no time to reload pistol) and the admin kicked me. talk about cry baby.

I don't want to play a game full of people like this.

Adults are just children that are allowed to make their own decisions.

36. Re: Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer Mar 21, 2013, 20:11 Slick

Could not DISAGREE more.

yeah i'm interested to know too, as i've played pretty much every FPS on the market since wolfenstein 3D.

and to all of you people saying that BF3 was "like CoD". care to back that up with anything substancial? not sure what game you guys are playing... but 64 player battles with tanks, jets, 3 kinds of choppers, APCs, humvees, ATVs, Dirtbikes... maps that are kilometer's across, squad teamplay, conquest game modes, objective based gamemodes, guns that actually handle, fire, and "feel" the most satisfying of any i've used.. and all of that's just the gameplay, not even mentioning the most impressive game engine i've ever seen (destruction, HD lighting, great animations, vast terrains, and the best sound engine i've ever heard in a game, or movie for that matter....

how HOW IS THIS AT ALL LIKE COD???

what game have you been playing? cause it doesn't sound like BF3...? or is this just the same people who bitch about Simcity without actually having played it either?

"you know this one movie i've never seen?"

"yeah?"

"i hate it, it's terrible"

"well sounds like you've never seen it"

"i haven't"

"ok, come back to me when you have a valid opinion, and we'll talk"

35. Re: Battlefield 4 Teaser Trailer Mar 21, 2013, 20:02 deqer

ASeven wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 19:45:
http://i.minus.com/ib3UguUm3o9SI.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/XLQpRxP.gif
http://i.imgur.com/otheGJb.jpg