Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Might & Magic X Legacy Announced

Ubisoft announces Might & Magic X Legacy, a new tenth installment in the Might & Magic RPG series in development at German studio Limbic Entertainment (Might & Magic Heroes VI Danse Macabre) for release this year. They send word that this page will be their official home for the project, but this is not working as this is being written. We also have an announcement trailer with glimpses of gameplay and the tagline: "Old School, New Rules," and a "Coming 2013" release date. Here's word on the game, which is set following the events in Might & Magic Heroes VI, the latest installment in the strategy M&M series:

SAN FRANCISCO, CA - March 21, 2013 - Today, Ubisoft announced Might & MagicŪ X Legacy, just in time to showcase the game at PAX East. Developed by Limbic Entertainment, a team of devoted Might & Magic fans, Might & MagicŪ X Legacy brings a new chapter to the Might & Magic RPG series, with both the unique core formula and a new set of improved and fine-tuned features.

In the wake of the spectacular events in Might & MagicŪ HeroesŪ VI, you will play in a party of four adventurers entangled in intrigue and political machinations unfolding in and around Karthal. The city, on the verge of secession, is prey to competing factions vying for its control. Your actions will determine the fate of the city. Might & Magic X Legacy is an authentic solo experience in the classic first-person RPG genre. Create and lead your group into an exciting world and battle powerful mythical creatures while collecting ancient magical treasures. Through a turn-based gameplay system, defeat creatures and bosses to accomplish unique quests and make your way through dangerous dungeons, cities and labyrinths full of traps. Dive into vintage Might & Magic and play old school, new rules!

View
18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

18. Re: Might & Magic X Legacy Announced Mar 22, 2013, 02:44 Xil

1992 Might and Magic: Cloud of Xeen installed, played, loved it, finished it, send the score to an address in the usa and few weeks later got the certificate from King Burlock thanking me for helping rescue Crodo and defeat Lord Xeen.

1993 Might and Magic: Darkside of Xeen, during install it found "Cloud of Xeen" and made "World of Xeen"... that was so cool back then Finished the game, send the score to an address in the usa and few weeks later got the certificate from The Dragon Pharaoh thanking me for defeating Gheltem.

Don't think anything will ever bring back the nerd in me like getting those 2 certificates lol

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

17. Re: Might & Magic X Legacy Announced Mar 21, 2013, 22:42 Silicon Avatar

Instant buy.  

16. Re: More Big Picture Details Mar 21, 2013, 20:07 HorrorScope

Bout time, this or Wizardry. Sold.  

15. Re: Might & Magic X Legacy Announced Mar 21, 2013, 19:06 Julio

avianflu wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 13:19:
Heroes VI had various on-line requirements and the servers went up and down more times than I can count. The GUI was a case-lesson in badness. Worst purchase I made in 2012 and removed from my hardrive.

Completely agree, and also the fact that Heroes VI/Uplay was a rootkit. I like turn based RPGs, but no interest in uPlay or online DRM. Guess Ubi's feeling the heat from all the TBS Kickstarter roleplaying games coming. They're a better option.

14. Re: Might & Magic X Legacy Announced Mar 21, 2013, 18:15 Cutter

I'll always be in on HOMM. That being said I hope the campaigns are better balanced and the maps not so huge as they were in VI. It takes a ridiculous amount of time to comoplete even a single map.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

13. Re: Might & Magic X Legacy Announced Mar 21, 2013, 18:15 JediPunisher

Great news! I was a fan of the earlier games.
Yes, M&M9 was total crap... but I feel good about this one.
In spite of some prior draconian DRM, Ubisoft has a pretty good track record. Where do I preorder?

12. Re: Might & Magic X Legacy Announced Mar 21, 2013, 17:45 Asmo

After the complete disappointment of IX (I had, amongst others, the fatal bug that crashed just as you arrived at the last fight and could not complete the game), I'm hoping for a return to the heady days of VI and earlier which were some awesome f#cking games. I used to love flying around dropping star showers on witless goblins who had made my less experienced parties life, at the time, a living misery...

Also, BRING BACK FUCKING ARCOMAGE!!

ps. I love the little legacy images on the tiles... = D

11. Re: Might & Magic X Legacy Announced Mar 21, 2013, 17:30 Morgan19

PropheT wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 15:56:
No way.

Here's my money, good sirs.

Ditto, more-or-less.

10. Re: Might & Magic X Legacy Announced Mar 21, 2013, 16:57 AngelicPenguin

PHJF wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 16:34:
The actual tiny bit of gameplay was pretty awesome.

It really was. For most of the trailer I felt like I was watching something about Magic the Gathering. Granted I had sound off...

9. Re: Might & Magic X Legacy Announced Mar 21, 2013, 16:56 Riker

Magic & Magic IV and V are gonna be hard to beat. But I was tickled to see what seems to be a grid- and turn-based combat system like the classics.  

8. psychomoggiebagpuss@hotmail.com Mar 21, 2013, 16:43 PsychoMoggieBagpuss

Hmmm, will be following this one. I did love the old m@m series. Though the reference to the one city makes me think da2. Then I cry a little on the inside....  

PMB / Shodan
http:/www.futilez

7. Re: Might & Magic X Legacy Announced Mar 21, 2013, 16:34 PHJF

The actual tiny bit of gameplay was pretty awesome.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

6. Re: Might & Magic X Legacy Announced Mar 21, 2013, 16:11 Fletch

I'd be very interested if it wasn't Ubisoft. They don't get my money, even if they don't fuxor it up somehow (which they will).  

5. Re: Might & Magic X Legacy Announced Mar 21, 2013, 15:58 Lord Tea

"Old School" to me means
Might and Magic I, Might and Magic II, and to some degree Might and Magic 3-5.

"Old School" also means PC only, no console garbage.

And since it's Ubisoft my hopes for this game are somewhere between minimal and ZERO.

UPSA = United Police States of America

4. Re: Might & Magic X Legacy Announced Mar 21, 2013, 15:56 PropheT

No way.

Here's my money, good sirs.

3. Re: Might & Magic X Legacy Announced Mar 21, 2013, 14:14 Alamar

The timing is close enough that it may be entirely unrelated, but thank you Grimrock : )

So on the one side, Yay... On the other, it's such an early (almost teaser) announcement, that the trailer sucks (as in, lack of info), but what little bits we see, I could see this becoming exciting ; )

-Alamar

2. Re: Might & Magic X Legacy Announced Mar 21, 2013, 13:56 Axis

Old school M&M is not the heroes line. I hope they do try to keep this as close to the originals like Terra/Xeen as possible.  

Yours truly,

Axis

1. Re: Might & Magic X Legacy Announced Mar 21, 2013, 13:19 avianflu

Heroes VI had various on-line requirements and the servers went up and down more times than I can count. The GUI was a case-lesson in badness. Worst purchase I made in 2012 and removed from my hardrive.  

18 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo