Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Morning Tech Bits

View
7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

7. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 22, 2013, 17:17 Mr. Anisotonic

I don't see what's wrong with the tech. I love my VG278h to death, and to me, 2d is over. The only possible improvements would be 240hz so I could play at 120fps, true 0ms response time so there would never be any crosstalk, and of course, I wouldn't mind glass-less, but that's not a bother at all, you forget you have the glasses on quickly. These issues will all be resolved in time.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

6. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 21, 2013, 23:47 NegaDeath

nin wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 21:08:
I was at the imax last weekend, and one of the trailers was for Jurassic Park, converted to 3d. I'm not sure if it was due to the imax projector or what, but it looked phenomenal, to the point that if I didn't know better, I'd swear the movie was originally shot in 3d.

Aside from some early issues with the video looking like it was going too fast The Hobbit in High Frame Rate 3D was easily the sharpest, clearest and best looking movie I've ever seen. At multiple points I had difficulty telling that it was a projection and not a window into a real world. Personally I think 3D is almost as important a step as going to color was, unfortunately I'm not a fan of the current tech used to get it.

5. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 21, 2013, 21:08 nin

swedishfriend wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 20:53:
When I have gone to a 3D movie in a theatre it has been great. Only see 3D films that were shot that way would be my recommendation. I don't understand the hate.

I was at the imax last weekend, and one of the trailers was for Jurassic Park, converted to 3d. I'm not sure if it was due to the imax projector or what, but it looked phenomenal, to the point that if I didn't know better, I'd swear the movie was originally shot in 3d.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

4. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 21, 2013, 20:53 swedishfriend

When I have gone to a 3D movie in a theatre it has been great. Only see 3D films that were shot that way would be my recommendation. I don't understand the hate.  

3. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 21, 2013, 17:08 Drayth

I can sympathize with people who dislike how 3D is currently implemented.. but to not want it at all? wtf?

2. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 21, 2013, 16:44 Mr. Anisotonic

Yeah. Who cares about total immersion and the game coming to life and looking 10 times better. 2D is clearly the way forward. Not.  

1. Re: Morning Tech Bits Mar 21, 2013, 12:14 Mashiki Amiketo

Hah. Getting rid of the 3D part is right.  
--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

7 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo