Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

IGN granted exclusive Bioshock review and ‘BioShock Infinite’s First Review Goes To IGN, Rest Of Us Pretty Irritated. Thanks Gipson. They should have kept all those other sites running for better camouflage.

View
16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

16. Re: Game Reviews Mar 21, 2013, 22:41 Prez

Geoff Keighley actually has the unmitigated gall to be offended by an unsavory business practice in game journalism? Geoff Keighley? REALLY?!? Shocked

This comment was edited on Mar 22, 2013, 05:49.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

15. Re: Game Reviews Mar 21, 2013, 19:28 Cutter

Have you seen the BI ads yet? Claiming 85 awards already. The whole thing just smacks of PR desperation. The game is already sunk like the Titanic and they're desperately trying to keep it afloat. I doubt I'll even be picking it up when it hits the bargain bin on Steam.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

14. Re: Game Reviews Mar 21, 2013, 17:24 Overon

Support the guys who pay their own money to buy games, less chance that they are influenced by free stuff by the games they are reviewing.  

13. Re: Game Reviews Mar 21, 2013, 15:42 Creston

Quboid wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 13:31:
From the Techday article:
causing a ripple of annoyance from various journalists on Twitter, including Spike TV’s Geoff Keighley

That's Geoff Keighley, of Doritos and Mountain Dew fame, annoyed that game reviewers might be selling out? Cry me a fucking river you epic douche.

Well said.

Creston

12. Re: Game Reviews Mar 21, 2013, 14:03 SpectralMeat

Quboid wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 13:31:
causing a ripple of annoyance from various journalists on Twitter, including Spike TV’s Geoff Keighley

That's Geoff Keighley, of Doritos and Mountain Dew fame, annoyed that game reviewers might be selling out? Cry me a fucking river you epic douche.
Him and Pachter can do the dew and eat each other's doritos. Geoff is like the used car salesman of the game journalism.

Steam: SpectralMeat

11. Re: Game Reviews Mar 21, 2013, 13:31 Quboid

- Quboid

10. Re: Game Reviews Mar 21, 2013, 13:23 avianflu

Bioshock 2 I thought was a bit of a disaster....hastily put together from existing assets and the plot didnt really make sense.

9. Re: Game Reviews Mar 21, 2013, 12:38 Verno

I got both Bioshock Infinite and Tomb Raider for like $45ish after someone linked an ebay thing on here for those AMD Reloaded codes, no regrets here. I really enjoyed Bioshock for what it was, I had complaints but overall it was a pretty interesting experience.

Sure it was no System Shock 2 and that sucks but Bioshock had a pretty compelling narrative, great characters and some interesting gameplay of its own. The level design was top notch too.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

8. Re: Game Reviews Mar 21, 2013, 12:31 yuastnav

Well, the levels in Bioshock were kinda pretty.
As a game I found it to be incredibly boring though. Don't really care about the second and third game.

Though it is both hilarious and sad to see people who rage about preorders and how that's a horrible thing and then made a 180 turn when greenmangaming said that every preorder of Infinite receives a copy of X-Com.

Moral principles seem to be nigh to worthless to some people.

7. Re: Game Reviews Mar 21, 2013, 11:45 El Pit

Suits thinking...

1. Hey, we could make even more money if we sold the rights for the first review. What about an auction?
2. DRM for the review! You'll have to be constantly online, you'll need to download a software (called Boregins or something) to open the review, and the review will not be complete, but DLCs with the rest of the review have already been promised! (Of course, those DLCs have not been cut out of the review itself, they're not even finished yet... But if you find incomplete sentences, well, wait for the DLCs!)
3. Instead of separately buying each part of the complete review all the absolutely not-cut-from-the-review-DLCs, you can buy a season pass for the complete article! Hooray!

Oh, brave new world!

Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

6. Re: Game Reviews Mar 21, 2013, 11:22 Creston

Exclusive review. Yeah, that's trustworthy alright. Especially since it's Reviews For Sale IGN.

Creston

5. Re: Game Reviews Mar 21, 2013, 10:41 InBlack

I HATED Bioshock. I really hated that fucking game and felt I got cheated into thinking it would be like some second coming of System Shock 2. Well it wasnt. It was a consolized piece of shit that I couldnt be bothered to even finish. I cant see this being any better.  

I have a nifty blue line!

4. Re: Game Reviews Mar 21, 2013, 10:36 nin

El Pit wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 10:33:
I'm really looking forward to the definitely unbiased review by IGN.

I'm curious when the embargo is up...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: Game Reviews Mar 21, 2013, 10:33 El Pit

I'm really looking forward to the definitely unbiased review by IGN.  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

2. Re: Game Reviews Mar 21, 2013, 10:19 Verno

I think most people by now know the real arrangements sites like IGN have with publishers. This stuff only fools the folks who find reviews from metacritic and google which depressingly is a huge portion of the audience.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

1. Re: Game Reviews Mar 21, 2013, 09:32 avianflu

almost all major release games get at least an 8 at IGN....  

16 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo