Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Saints Row 4 CE Survey

A survey is online polling interest in what sort of items Deep Silver might include in a collector's edition of Saints Row IV, the next installment in Volition's sandbox action series. If you want to express your interest in a "Presidential Briefcase with kinky handcuff and key" or a "Saint's Bazooka themed Poster Tube," now is your chance. Thanks nin via Rock, Paper, Shotgun.

View
15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

15. Re: Saints Row 4 CE Survey Mar 21, 2013, 11:03 netnerd85

Verno wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 08:36:
xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 21:07:
Agreed. I will be very leary of anything over 30.00.

Most of us are going to score it for $30ish from GMG anyways
lol, so true.

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

14. Re: Saints Row 4 CE Survey Mar 21, 2013, 08:36 Verno

xXBatmanXx wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 21:07:

Most of us are going to score it for $30ish from GMG anyways

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

13. Re: Saints Row 4 CE Survey Mar 21, 2013, 05:03 yuastnav

mag wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 01:19:
NKD wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 23:54:
Cutter wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 20:54:
Seeing as this is really just a glorified expansion how about a low entry price point. I'm much more all over that than a CE.

What information do you have that suggests this won't be a full game with lots of content?

They didn't completely rewrite the engine for a same-generation console game, therefore clearly it's an expansion pack.

This is a reason not to buy the game why exactly?

Gothic 2 used the absolutely same engine as Gothic 1. Sure it looked a bit prettier because the models had a higher poly count and the textures were higher resultion but they didn't rewrite much, considering they also had only a team of about 13 people and released it 1.5 after the first game and yet it was chock-full of content worth at least 50 hours for the first playthrough.
Using the same engine is not a bad thing, content and gameplay is king.

12. Re: Saints Row 4 CE Survey Mar 21, 2013, 03:56 Flatline

netnerd85 wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 02:13:
The game WAS going to be an expansion, NOT DLC, an expansion. Then they decided to put the EXTRA effort in to make it a FULL sequel. We will soon see, but lets not be a bunch of whiny bitches about it, hey Cutter?

Cutter would be pretty quiet on the boards if he cut out *all* his negativity.

11. Re: Saints Row 4 CE Survey Mar 21, 2013, 02:13 netnerd85

Cutter wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 02:02:
Seeing as this is really just a glorified expansion how about a low entry price point. I'm much more all over that than a CE.

What information do you have that suggests this won't be a full game with lots of content?

They didn't completely rewrite the engine for a same-generation console game, therefore clearly it's an expansion pack.

You do know this started based on an expansion pack, right? I guess only time will tell, but regardless of how much content there is I doubt it'll warrant a premium price point. If that's what they charge then I'll just grab it later - along with most other people.

Oh where do you get off? You and most other people? You're a minority like me. You know DAMN well that most people will just go out and buy it for their Xbox and PS3.

The game WAS going to be an expansion, NOT DLC, an expansion. Then they decided to put the EXTRA effort in to make it a FULL sequel. We will soon see, but lets not be a bunch of whiny bitches about it, hey Cutter?

10. Re: Saints Row 4 CE Survey Mar 21, 2013, 02:02 Cutter

You do know this started based on an expansion pack, right? I guess only time will tell, but regardless of how much content there is I doubt it'll warrant a premium price point. If that's what they charge then I'll just grab it later - along with most other people.

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

9. Re: Saints Row 4 CE Survey Mar 21, 2013, 01:19 mag

8. Re: Saints Row 4 CE Survey Mar 21, 2013, 00:59 netnerd85

Prez wrote on Mar 21, 2013, 00:56:
I'll be happy for the game just getting released at all considering how things could have gone when THQ folded.
Indeed! reading the other comments is like listening to a bunch of spoilt children, absolutely pathetic.

7. Re: Saints Row 4 CE Survey Mar 21, 2013, 00:56 Prez

I'll be happy for the game just getting released at all considering how things could have gone when THQ folded.  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

6. Re: Saints Row 4 CE Survey Mar 21, 2013, 00:02 Lorcin

Oh how about a collectors edition where it's black themed not purple.

I hate purple.

5. Re: Saints Row 4 CE Survey Mar 20, 2013, 23:54 NKD

If you don't like where gaming is heading, stop giving your money to the people who are taking it in that direction.

4. Re: Saints Row 4 CE Survey Mar 20, 2013, 21:17 DarkCntry

zombiefan wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 21:12:
Here's a thought. Be an innovator, Deep Silver. Give us a game with no DLC. That's right, include everything right from the get-go, or save it for the next game. I'll betcha you'd win an army of followers and respect.

Contrasting the emphasis I made to the rest of the replies, I find this a little comical to read.

3. Re: Saints Row 4 CE Survey Mar 20, 2013, 21:12 zombiefan

Here's a thought. Be an innovator, Deep Silver. Give us a game with no DLC. That's right, include everything right from the get-go, or save it for the next game. I'll betcha you'd win an army of followers and respect.  

2. Re: Saints Row 4 CE Survey Mar 20, 2013, 21:07 xXBatmanXx

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem. / Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder.
Playing: New dad

1. Re: Saints Row 4 CE Survey Mar 20, 2013, 20:54 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

15 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo