Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Guncraft Trailer

A new trailer offers a look at gameplay from Guncraft, the voxel-powered PC shooter in development at Exato Game Studios. Word is: "Guncraft players can create arenas and levels based on anything they can think of, and once complete, utilize these stages for a fast-paced shooter. Players have all of the standard multiplayer shooter modes such as Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch, plus tons of custom loadouts, perks, plenty of weapons, vehicles and more. Even better, the core crafting mechanics of Guncraft are available in all game modes, enabling players to build maps, characters, and weapons on the fly, then decimate them all to take down enemies." Also, attendees of this weekend PAX East are invited to stop by Reverb Publishing’s booth to play the game and gain access to an exclusive character skin.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Guncraft Trailer Mar 21, 2013, 09:01 BitWraith

Minecraft is not a voxel game. It uses XYZ coords to place objects.  

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Guncraft Trailer Mar 21, 2013, 05:10 yuastnav

Last time I tried to play it it didn't go very well, mostly because the interface is too clunky.
These games seem to have a problem with that, Minecraft also has problems with that.

4. Re: Guncraft Trailer Mar 21, 2013, 01:14 jacobvandy

To be fair, most voxel-based games look extra pixelated because the lower resolution (in terms of voxels) is easier to manage both for design and the performance you can get out of hardware. The issue will be whether or not the game takes advantage of voxels well enough to make for good gameplay and make up for the lacking visuals.

This game does absolutely look like crap, though.

3. Re: Guncraft Trailer Mar 21, 2013, 00:57 netnerd85

siapnar wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 21:56:
This trend of terrible, minimal graphics for the sake of "style" has to end.
I disagree. If done right, like Minecraft, it works.

You don't need amazing graphics. Gameplay is king!

2. Re: Guncraft Trailer Mar 20, 2013, 21:56 siapnar

Shitty. Very.

This trend of terrible, minimal graphics for the sake of "style" has to end.

I have projectile dysfunction.

1. Re: Guncraft Trailer Mar 20, 2013, 21:40 jdreyer

Yeesh, I'm all for voxel games (currently playing Minecraft, and loved the old Novalogic games), but this looks garish and awful.  

"Microsoft is the absent minded parent of PC gaming" - Verno

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo