Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

No Plans for Single-Player Tomb Raider Expansions

This reddit thread is the outcome of an AMA session with Crystal Dynamics attended by Karl Stewart, Global Brand Director for Tomb Raider and Noah Hughes, Creative Director for Tomb Raider. As noted on Videogamer, they were asked along the way about the possibility of single-player DLC for the new Tomb Raider reboot, which they shot down. "There are currently no plans in place for any Single Player expansions," said Karl Stewart. "All of our DLC is based around the Multiplayer experience for now." They also seem to rule out throwback appearance DLC as well. "We did try to have a lot of nods to the classics in this reboot," says Hughes. "And even her outfit itself is intended to evoke her classic outfit in a way, but is more practical for her situation. This was just an example of trying to play that balance between fresh and familiar."

View
46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

6. Re: No Plans for Single-Player Tomb Raider Expansions Mar 20, 2013, 09:17 Kajetan

Verno wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 08:59:
Speaking of QTEs, when will this horrid design crutch die already?
When games are no longer made for people with numb minds?

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: No Plans for Single-Player Tomb Raider Expansions Mar 20, 2013, 08:59 Verno

I haven't tried the MP yet but the SP campaign is quite good outside of the dumb QTEs. It seems kinda silly that they're just doing MP DLC though, they could probably make some decent bank doing smaller Bethesda style expansions.

Speaking of QTEs, when will this horrid design crutch die already? Maybe if QTEs were in any way intelligent or required some actual thought process I could behind them but just literally hammering the key when prompted to on screen is mind numbing shit.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

4. Re: No Plans for Single-Player Tomb Raider Expansions Mar 20, 2013, 08:48 PHJF

I assume it's a stupid 3rd person shootfest.

Uncharted multiplay is quite popular.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

3. Re: No Plans for Single-Player Tomb Raider Expansions Mar 20, 2013, 08:42 coldcut

The last thing I would ever link to a Tomb Raider game is Multiplayer. I can't imagine how this even should work... I assume it's a stupid 3rd person shootfest. Just what we wanted...  

2. Re: No Plans for Single-Player Tomb Raider Expansions Mar 20, 2013, 08:35 necrosis

Guess I will just sell my copy now with no real DLC coming out... oh wait I bought it on Steam.

Another story driven game with MP shoved into it. I dont think I have ever clicked on the MP part of ME3, another game that could have done without it.

I guess the profit margin is stupid high on MP DLC and there are enough stupid people to buy it.

1. Re: No Plans for buying Tomb Raider Mar 20, 2013, 08:24 Kajetan

So, it evens out. Fine with me  

46 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo