Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease

A Battlefield tweet points to a post on Vine with a teaser for an upcoming Battlefield 4 video reveal. Word is: "Straight from the video editing suite: Prepare 4 Battle - 03.27! This sneak peek now, more soon." EA has announced plans to officially unveil the next installment in the military shooter series on March 26th, which seems the likely date to expect the full trailer to debut, but maybe it will be the 27th instead. Thanks TweakTown.

View
53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

13. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 12:50 Verno

siapnar wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 12:41:
I don't know what maps you're playing, but BF3 is packed full of large scale 64 player-loving warfare maps. It's a claim to fame, really.

I'm referring to many of them featuring chokes with too many large, empty areas in between. A large playing area is great but if the points aren't spread out or numerous enough its a bit superfluous. The Armored Kill expansion alleviated that to some extent but I would still love to see several other maps redesigned with the actual space in mind.

I did a line by line list of each map last year but I'm not finding it with search at the moment. Comparing the base maps with the updated BF2 maps for example is pretty jarring.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: The Fall, The Walking Dead, Leon
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

12. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 12:41 siapnar

I love playing BF3. It's tons of fun.
Great graphics and sound with fluid on foot and vehicle combat to boot?
Nothing beats it for MP right now.

It has it's share of issues (albeit, not huge ones), but I swear, some people find reasons to hate and boycott a game. And they're usually unwarranted.

If you boycott EA in general, then so be it, but BF3 is by no means a bad game.

Verno wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 09:38:
I thought BF3 was a pretty decent game all things considered, I think its faults were more related to choke heavy/console friendly map design, anti-cheat and the failure to release any community modding tools.

I am a bit worried that EA has so much riding on this game that we'll see even more microtransactions. The whole pay to unlock thing was really lame when they introduced it. At least the mini expansions were meaningful content I guess. Less grind mechanics and better design please. Anti-cheat matters, please do something other than Punkbuster this time.
I don't know what maps you're playing, but BF3 is packed full of large scale 64 player-loving warfare maps. It's a claim to fame, really.

I agree on the micro transactions though. An inevitable future with them is disappointing to say the least.

I have projectile dysfunction.

11. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 12:38 tuddies

Jivaro wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 10:41:
I know I am preaching to the choir....but damn I wish they would include bots for offline play and even DLC with content that would be interesting to a single player user. I may be on my own island here, but I actually liked the single player campaign in BF3. More of that would have been worth money to me.

YES!! I would definitely buy a DLC with bot support!

10. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 12:37 tuddies

BF3 is a great game - the graphics and animation are great - Sure, it was limited by consoles, but what game isn't?

Hopefully the next gen of consoles will help that a bit even though they are already a generation behind the PC! Direct access to hardware gives them a bump, so let's call it even for now.

224 hours played - Yea, I think I got my moneys worth! Looking forward to more BF goodness.

9. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 11:22 PHJF

EA didn't do it last time because they didn't want to pay the seat licensing for their VoIP but there are plenty of reasonably priced codecs and integration libraries these days.

Think if a game like Chivalry can muster support for voice chat then EA should have no problem.

Steam + PSN: PHJF

8. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 10:41 Jivaro

I know I am preaching to the choir....but damn I wish they would include bots for offline play and even DLC with content that would be interesting to a single player user. I may be on my own island here, but I actually liked the single player campaign in BF3. More of that would have been worth money to me.  

7. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 09:46 Verno

Yeah for sure. Optional builtin VoIP is a must IMHO. Community servers feel totally lifeless without it and it really neuters teamwork and reinforces the me first, point grinding hero aspects of the game. I have never heard a good argument against optional VoIP, it's always a mishmash of "I dont wanna hear other people" or "just use mumble with friends" which totally misses the point. EA didn't do it last time because they didn't want to pay the seat licensing for their VoIP but there are plenty of reasonably priced codecs and integration libraries these days.

This comment was edited on Mar 19, 2013, 09:53.

6. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 09:43 Techie714

Verno wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 09:38:
I thought BF3 was a pretty decent game all things considered, I think its faults were more related to choke heavy/console friendly map design, anti-cheat and the failure to release any community modding tools. The competitive scene for it was pretty much DOA, most clans/people just pub stomp with buddies.

I am a bit worried that EA has so much riding on this game that we'll see even more microtransactions. The whole pay to unlock thing was really lame when they introduced it. At least the mini expansions were meaningful content I guess. Less grind mechanics and better design please. Anti-cheat matters, please do something other than Punkbuster this time.

No way I'll preorder, definitely a wait and see thing after how SimCity turned out. I'd rather see a 2143 style BF game again, the "modern" setting is getting played out pretty quickly.

I agree with Verno on this one. BF3 had plenty of faults but overall it was a pretty decent game imo. I should say I never played vanilla only on HC servers since that was really the only close realism the game had going for it. BF4 BETTER have VOIP or I'll probably skip it.

Steam (ID)
http://steamcommunity.com/id/techie714/
DEAD SH0T
Keep your privacy!
http://prism-break.org/

5. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 09:38 Verno

I thought BF3 was a pretty decent game all things considered, I think its faults were more related to choke heavy/console friendly map design, anti-cheat and the failure to release any community modding tools. The competitive scene for it was pretty much DOA, most clans/people just pub stomp with buddies.

No way I'll preorder, definitely a wait and see thing after how SimCity turned out. I'd rather see a 2143 style BF game again, the "modern" setting is getting played out pretty quickly.

4. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 09:34 SpectralMeat

Wonder if they'll bother with a single player campaign for this game or just make it a straight up MP only pay2win game.  

Steam: SpectralMeat

3. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 09:17 Arithon

"To reload you need 1,000 EA coins, please insert credit card if you wish to continue firing."

More scripted, more pointless swearing (gotta get that all-important parental advisory sticker), more dumbing down, more DLC-fracturing of the core game.

BF3 was a major disappointment, technically inferior to all it's predecessors. The last BattleField title I'll ever buy.

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

2. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 09:15 InBlack

I hope people wont be preordering in droves.....

Not after the last EA fiasco...

I know Im wrong though, if its one thing that we can learn from all the shit that went down lately its that people never learn.

I have a nifty blue line!

1. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 09:07 Endo

And once again it will be a steaming pile of bugs, and once again the millions who jump on it at launch will be shocked.  

53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 3.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo