Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease

A Battlefield tweet points to a post on Vine with a teaser for an upcoming Battlefield 4 video reveal. Word is: "Straight from the video editing suite: Prepare 4 Battle - 03.27! This sneak peek now, more soon." EA has announced plans to officially unveil the next installment in the military shooter series on March 26th, which seems the likely date to expect the full trailer to debut, but maybe it will be the 27th instead. Thanks TweakTown.

View
53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

33. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 18:35 Joss

DID NOT enjoy how they corralled players into an area. Remove those fucking cordoned red zones, add mod support and you might get me back to this IP.  
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

32. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 18:33 Bucky

I'm personally looking forward to BF4. I'm about to fire up BF3 right now, and still find it's the best multiplayer game out there at the moment. With 200 hours in, I've certainly gotten my money's worth, and while I do see the occasional cheater, it's far less common than people make it seem. That, or if there are that many cheaters out there, they suck.

BF4 will probably be futuristic, given that there's some easter egg hints about the setting in the End Game maps.

31. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 18:26 Julio

I miss the bots too, 63 bots + me makes a fun game and avoids all the online cheaters.  

30. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 18:23 Redmask

born2expire wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 18:20:
all the terribles whining about cheaters and hackers, it couldn't be the fact that there are people better than you you, nah that's not possible.

I've played well over 1000 hours in BF34 and I can count the hackers I've seen on one hand.

Maybe you just aren't good enough to realize you're playing with any

29. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 18:20 born2expire

all the terribles whining about cheaters and hackers, it couldn't be the fact that there are people better than you you, nah that's not possible.

I've played well over 1000 hours in BF3 and I can count the hackers I've seen on one hand.

This comment was edited on Mar 19, 2013, 18:45.

28. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 18:14 MajorD

Sleeping

27. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 17:40 Panickd

Moog wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 16:10:
No-one has even mentioned how hackers/cheaters/whatever-you-want-to-call-them ruined BF3.

[Ah, apologies to Panickd, you did mention it - I missed that, sorry.]

No idea what state BF3 is in now, gave up before the first DLC due to the hacking scum ruining nearly every game!

Wouldn't touch BF4 on launch with a bargepole - need to hear it isn't compromised.

QFT. The day I got knifed while driving a tank in BF3 was the day I called it quits and uninstalled. I hear it's better now but that's more due to BF3 being old and the hackers having moved on to newer games than anything DICE/EA did to fix it.

26. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 17:29 datachasm

i wanna say i have no intention to get BF4, but a few things i miss:

the commander and artillery
squad voip
classic maps returning (BFV in particular)
id HATE to lose Karkland & Sharqi! again!
2142 sequel... im all in. and yes i recall BF2 players HATING on 2142

say what you want about BF3, but i dont think i could return to BF2, i tried to play some 2142 but missed the play updates, improved graphics, etc

25. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 17:09 siapnar

Basically they're releasing a new Battlefield to coincide with the new console releases.
Sounds like pretty much the same game, which in turn sounds like a no-sale for me unless they really do something innovative.
BF3 still has a lot of life in it.

On the topic of cheaters. I've only played a handful of games in BF3 where a cheater has been really apparent.

EDIT: Fuck them and their microtransactions.. and fuck em for outlining the DLC already. If you're going to outline maps this early, they should be in the goddam retail version.
/end rant

I have projectile dysfunction.

24. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 17:06 Overon

By far the lamest teaser I have ever seen. Next time they should just have a crude stick figure drawing to top this video.  

23. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 16:22 Sir Graves

Jivaro wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 10:41:
I know I am preaching to the choir....but damn I wish they would include bots for offline play
Totally with you on that! But I want to also be able to host my own private server and use them with friends, just to practice and mess around a bit whenever we feel like it (like we do with CS:GO and many other games). Some of the most fun I've ever had gaming, was back in the day, when we were playing BF:1942 and BF2, and I'd just throw in a bunch of bots and we'd go co-op against them or split up and VS each other with full bot teams.

To be honest, we've always had way more fun doing that, than playing on public servers with the typical idiots/griefers/hackers who tend to play there. We avoid that as much as we can. So we always need bots.

22. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 16:10 Moog

No-one has even mentioned how hackers/cheaters/whatever-you-want-to-call-them ruined BF3.

[Ah, apologies to Panickd, you did mention it - I missed that, sorry.]

No idea what state BF3 is in now, gave up before the first DLC due to the hacking scum ruining nearly every game!

Wouldn't touch BF4 on launch with a bargepole - need to hear it isn't compromised.

21. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 16:04 Verno

I really don't need crazy weather and more filters that obscure vision, BF3 had more than enough.

More destruction is welcome however, BF3 had very little compared to BC2 and the placement of it often didn't have much strategic impact.

Waiting for the insane blue filter/dubstep trailer

Playing: Alien Isolation, Legend of Grimrock 2, Super Mario 3D World
Watching: A Good Marriage, The Knick, Gotham

20. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 14:45 Flak

Oh wow, destruction version 4.01.01.9001 omgz!!!!

Game is a total failure if it doesn't:
- Get rid of the putrid client-side netcode (get behind cover...and then die, YAY!!!)
- Dumps the console gimmicks like scope glint and suppression
- Have spectator mode/battlerecorder
- Maps built for actual 64-player capacity, not horrific console-port maps (Compare BF2 Karkand with BF3 Karkand /end of discussion)
- Have expanded squad-system with IN GAME VOIP

If DICE fails to address even one of those glaring issues I won't even consider Battlefield 4, at this point DICE can burn to the ground with big daddy EA.

19. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 14:36 El Pit

BF3 servers taken offline in... 3... 2... 1...  
Consoles? I owned two: a Pong clone and an Atari 2600. And that's it.

18. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 14:35 SpectralMeat

Some "leaked" details here: http://tinyurl.com/chjppjz  

Steam: SpectralMeat

17. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 14:34 Panickd

Jivaro wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 10:41:
I know I am preaching to the choir....but damn I wish they would include bots for offline play and even DLC with content that would be interesting to a single player user. I may be on my own island here, but I actually liked the single player campaign in BF3. More of that would have been worth money to me.

While I would like to see bots included in the game their SP campaign implementation was sorely lacking. It was so scripted that if you didn't do exactly what was expected in exactly the way they expected you to do it, it broke the game and you couldn't progress until you found out where you fucked up and went back to trigger whatever script didn't fire off. Bought it day one and played the SP for less than an hour. Pumped about 60 hours into the MP before the hacker deluge made me move on.

So on the list for the new game, I would like:

Bot support
Anti-cheat that actually fucking works
Voice chat (how you release a game like this without it these days baffles me)
And totally destructible environments with deformable terrain (probably a pipe dream)

16. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 14:20 sketch

Fantaz wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 13:50:
Vine is stupid...

^

15. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 13:50 Fantaz

Vine is stupid...  

14. Re: Battlefield 4 Trailer Tease Mar 19, 2013, 13:40 PHJF

I like the part of the teaser that has nothing to do with anything.  

Steam + PSN: PHJF

53 Replies. 3 pages. Viewing page 2.
< Newer [ 1 2 3 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo