Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Borderlands Animated Short Plans

2K Games, Gearbox Software, and the Academy of Art University announce Borderlands Cooperative, an animated short film using the setting from Borderlands, Gearbox Software's role-playing shooter series. The movie is due by the end of this year, and word is the students creating it will be provided the opportunity to provide additional free labor to the studio to advance their educations:

“Academy of Art's mission is to prepare students for the jobs of the 21st century and this project with industry leaders at 2K and Gearbox is exactly the kind of real-world experience we strive to provide,” said Chris Armstrong, Director of School of Animation & VFX at Academy of Art University. “These students are aspiring game designers, programmers, writers and animators who will now graduate with hands-on experience and a product of work they can share with prospective employers, making them well-positioned to compete for and win the jobs of today's global economy."

In addition to valuable experience and networking opportunities, students involved in Borderlands Cooperative have a chance to jump-start their careers with an internship at 2K. During the spring semester, teams of students will create original short stories that take place inside the Borderlands universe. Any student, regardless of their discipline, can form a team and submit an original storyboard for consideration. A panel of Academy of Art University, 2K and Gearbox judges will select one story to become part of the Borderlands mythos, and the team behind that story will have the opportunity to interview for the internship.

Animation students will work together throughout the summer and fall to produce an animated short film based on the story selected by the judges. The real-world scenario will challenge students to work together, to overcome obstacles, and to produce finished products on deadlines, just like professionals in their chosen fields.

View
8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

8. Re: Borderlands Animated Short Plans Mar 19, 2013, 11:54 Tanto Edge

I'm inclined to a cartoon based on Commander Keen.
There's a guy who drew a sweet set of strips, depicting a sort of cross Calvin and Dennis sort of motif.
Brilliant art and humour throughout, and very child friendly; while not being retarded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=705LEH3j2g0&t=0m24s
http://www.youtube.com/user/tantoedge
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

7. Re: Borderlands Animated Short Plans Mar 19, 2013, 11:34 Verno

Or just all of the marketing people period  

Playing: Infamous Second Son
Watching: Midsomer Murders, Dominion, The Knick

6. Re: Borderlands Animated Short Plans Mar 19, 2013, 11:11 Creston

making them well-positioned to compete for and win the jobs of today's global economy.

Please murder all marketing and PR people in your company for coming up with a sentence like this.

Creston

5. Re: Borderlands Animated Short Plans Mar 19, 2013, 10:01 Qbex .

Kinda look like they trying to repay moral debt for plagiarising Code Hunters in the first place  

4. Re: Borderlands Animated Short Plans Mar 19, 2013, 09:47 InBlack

My bad: Now that I read the whole story it appears Gearbox will be offering an opportunity for an internship. Which I guess is not bad for people who are still in college (if its an honest offer)  

I have a nifty blue line!

3. Re: Borderlands Animated Short Plans Mar 19, 2013, 09:34 InBlack

Qbex . wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 09:27:
That's nice of them, but I've always thought that Borderlands itself was inspired by "Code Hunters" short.

Its not nice, its exploitation pure and simple! Want to use the Borderlands IP, no problem, work for FREE! And not only that, but the BEST stories, art, etc. will be used in their next DLC, expansion, game whatever, how very nice of them.

Sure some people will want recognition and but there is no indication or guarantee that they will get that in any final product Gearbox decides to release....

2. Re: Borderlands Animated Short Plans Mar 19, 2013, 09:27 Qbex .

That's nice of them, but I've always thought that Borderlands itself was inspired by "Code Hunters" short.  

1. Re: Borderlands Animated Short Plans Mar 19, 2013, 09:25 InBlack

Work for free to advance your education! Another wonderful initiative from Gearbox Software!

Fuck you Gearbox, fuck you hard!

8 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo