Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Game Reviews

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Game Reviews Mar 19, 2013, 18:02 Quboid

There's a patch for SimCity out, it claims to improve traffic, among other things.  

- Quboid
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Game Reviews Mar 19, 2013, 16:39 netnerd85

Eh, I enjoy them both. S:GW2 should have had COOP and a longer campaign though. S:GW gets full awards for the other MP modes though - so much fun! Nothing beats the jungle setting. WW2 ruined city + old shitty rifles, not that great. Give me a Sten or MP40 any day but... snipers need jungles and high powered rifles.

Can't wait to play the new maps tonight.

Rifle

Bring on S:GW3 and Sniper Elite V3! ( calling it V3 no matter what )

4. Re: Game Reviews Mar 19, 2013, 14:37 nin

I need to play V2 again - fun little game.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

3. Re: Game Reviews Mar 19, 2013, 14:03 J

gilly775 wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 11:58:
Not as good as Sniper Elite V2.
That's my verdict.

2. Re: Game Reviews Mar 19, 2013, 11:58 gilly775

netnerd85 wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 09:29:
I feel as if there are some "lies" being spread around about the AI in S:GW2

Some enemies will completely ignore their partners slumping to the ground mere feet away from them, as long as their back is turned. And yet, oddly, a single missed shot hitting the roof of a wooden shack will not only cause every single enemy in the area to notice it immediately, but also be able to instantly spot you in your camouflaged sniper position miles away, and attack you en masse leading to a likely death.
All of that hasn't happened to me once, and I'm playing through a second time and still none of that.

He didn't review the best part, the multiplayer!

As for story, what do people expect from a military game? I mean honestly. Just stop reviewing the story of military games, they're all the same - an excuse to shoot bad guys.

I agree with the reviewer's comments there. I just finished it last night and yes, I noticed that, esp. in the Bosnia levels where you are crawling through the darkened library and the enemy snipers don't even have thermal imaging on them, yet they can spot you across the way.

You would think that someone getting shot behind you makes enough noise that you would turn and look. But the shots I did miss, caused enemies around the area to look for where the shot came from. Very glitchy AI. Not as good as Sniper Elite V2.

1. Re: Game Reviews Mar 19, 2013, 09:29 netnerd85

I feel as if there are some "lies" being spread around about the AI in S:GW2

Some enemies will completely ignore their partners slumping to the ground mere feet away from them, as long as their back is turned. And yet, oddly, a single missed shot hitting the roof of a wooden shack will not only cause every single enemy in the area to notice it immediately, but also be able to instantly spot you in your camouflaged sniper position miles away, and attack you en masse leading to a likely death.
All of that hasn't happened to me once, and I'm playing through a second time and still none of that.

He didn't review the best part, the multiplayer!

As for story, what do people expect from a military game? I mean honestly. Just stop reviewing the story of military games, they're all the same - an excuse to shoot bad guys.

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo