Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

FEZ Coming to Steam

A FEZ page on Steam heralds the coming of a Windows PC edition of the indie platformer, something that's been the subject of speculation for quite some time now (thanks nin). The port has a May 1st release date, and here is the description:

Gomez is a 2D creature living in a 2D world. Or is he? When the existence of a mysterious 3rd dimension is revealed to him, Gomez is sent out on a journey that will take him to the very end of time and space. Use your ability to navigate 3D structures from 4 distinct classic 2D perspectives. Explore a serene and beautiful open-ended world full of secrets, puzzles and hidden treasures. Unearth the mysteries of the past and discover the truth about reality and perception. Change your perspective and look at the world in a different way.

View
36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

36. Re: FEZ Coming to Steam Mar 20, 2013, 13:52 SectorEffector

JohnBirshire wrote on Mar 20, 2013, 13:24:
However, they're better than not getting the games at all, especially when they've received critical acclaim like Fez has.

Wow, talk about exaggeration. Game had above average indie reviews at best, a spoiled brat developer, and lackluster sales that they were very disappointed with. Only reason they are releasing it on PC now is due to rumors they didn't even make a profit on the XBox release. You're insulting PC as a platform for even contemplating buying this trash. Youre a joke bud, not even worth arguing with. Enjoy your tablescraps.

I agree with most of this...

Game wasn't that good on 360.. great gimmick though, along with the Red Faction games with their realtime destruction. ... You want Indie and awesome!!! You get fucking ROCK OF AGES!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Q2iICtlIc
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

35. Re: FEZ Coming to Steam Mar 20, 2013, 13:24 JohnBirshire

However, they're better than not getting the games at all, especially when they've received critical acclaim like Fez has.

Wow, talk about exaggeration. Game had above average indie reviews at best, a spoiled brat developer, and lackluster sales that they were very disappointed with. Only reason they are releasing it on PC now is due to rumors they didn't even make a profit on the XBox release. You're insulting PC as a platform for even contemplating buying this trash. Youre a joke bud, not even worth arguing with. Enjoy your tablescraps.

34. Re: FEZ Coming to Steam Mar 19, 2013, 22:59 Jerykk

JohnBirshire wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 22:08:
Jerykk wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 04:11:
JohnBirshire wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 23:44:
Weeeeeeee!!! I love it when we get console leftovers!

I'm confused. Your last two posts seem to suggest that you dislike console ports, yet in the past, you've professed your love of Skyrim and CoD, two games designed for consoles and ported to PC.

Consistency please.

I complained about getting leftover console ports long after they are released on consoles, and you counter by stating I'm inconsistent for liking two games that were released simultaneously on PC?

Logic please.

Describing a port as a "leftover" suggests that it was afterthought, not that it was released after lengthy delay. One could very easily argue that most PC ports are afterthoughts since PC is almost never the lead platform, regardless of release date. Skyrim PC was an afterthought (as the terrible UI can attest to). All of the CoD PC versions (except for the first game) were afterthoughts as well, what with all the DLC coming out on Xbox first. For the vast majority of multiplatform games, X360 is the focus while PC and PS3 are essentially relegated to leftovers.

So yes, consistency please.

Semantics aside, I don't really see the point in complaining about delayed ports like these. Yes, delays suck. However, they're better than not getting the games at all, especially when they've received critical acclaim like Fez has. For people who only game on PC, news like this is always good news.

33. Re: FEZ Coming to Steam Mar 19, 2013, 22:30 nin

I wasn't flaming you at all. But I was teasing you a little, since I know you brought up the minimap a lot with Diablo3 last year.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

32. Re: FEZ Coming to Steam Mar 19, 2013, 22:15 JohnBirshire

nin wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 23:59:

I hear it has a minimap you can resize.

not really.

I'm currently playing Path of the Exile, where the minimap is much more appropriately sized, you can control the transparency, and add/remove it. You know, like Diablo 3 should have. But you're right, the game was an overwhelming success based on the decisions made during development, who am I to argue with you? *sarcasm*

*edit*
I find it ironic that one of you flames me for not wanting to play console leftovers released on PC as an afterthought years later, and the other flames me for not liking it that customization options given to us by PC developers decades ago are being removed for no reason. You two shouldn't be on bluesnews, you should be on xboxnews, where you console fanbois belong.

This comment was edited on Mar 19, 2013, 22:27.

31. Re: FEZ Coming to Steam Mar 19, 2013, 22:08 JohnBirshire

Jerykk wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 04:11:

I'm confused. Your last two posts seem to suggest that you dislike console ports, yet in the past, you've professed your love of Skyrim and CoD, two games designed for consoles and ported to PC.

Consistency please.

I complained about getting leftover console ports long after they are released on consoles, and you counter by stating I'm inconsistent for liking two games that were released simultaneously on PC?

Logic please.

30. Re: FEZ Coming to Steam Mar 19, 2013, 13:57 SectorEffector

ASeven wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 05:39:
http://i.imgur.com/oQOaHOx.png

Clearly a stand up guy.

29. Re: FEZ Coming to Steam Mar 19, 2013, 09:51 Verno

vacs wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 09:41:

No way, he's porting the game to make money for a living (and develop new games). Shame on him! So he won't get a dime from me and I will spend all my money on EA games. Ah, I feel much better now!

Come now, two can play at that game. No way, he's porting his game to save kittens and maybe even the world! I better support his heroic crusade to port the game he said he didn't want to port to the platform he labeled as best suited to Excel spreadsheets.

Hyperbole is fun.

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Korengal, Legends, Intruders

28. Re: FEZ Coming to Steam Mar 19, 2013, 09:41 vacs

No way, he's porting the game to make money for a living (and develop new games). Shame on him! So he won't get a dime from me and I will spend all my money on EA games. Ah, I feel much better now!

27. Re: FEZ Coming to Steam Mar 19, 2013, 08:41 Verno

Bhruic wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 08:20:

I like how he's being quoted as not making a PC version because he doesn't care about sales or revenue almost simultaneously with his post that he's doing it for the money.

Yeah that is pretty shameless. I have no overwhelming need to own Fez and I'm not terribly confident in his desire to make a good port so *shrug*.

Playing: Dark Souls 2
Watching: Korengal, Legends, Intruders

26. Re: FEZ Coming to Steam Mar 19, 2013, 08:20 Bhruic

I like how he's being quoted as not making a PC version because he doesn't care about sales or revenue almost simultaneously with his post that he's doing it for the money.

25. Re: FEZ Coming to Steam Mar 19, 2013, 06:08 Ray Marden

Since he is devoting the time to make an entire console game in Excel, does this also mean he is devoting the time to actually patch the game save corruption bug?
Derp derp derp.
Wondering how he does it all...,
Ray

Everything is awesome!!!
http://shoutengine.com/GarnettonGames/
I love you, mom.

24. Re: FEZ Coming to Steam Mar 19, 2013, 05:44 vacs

ASeven wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 21:36:
Remember, the dev is the douche who said precious stuff as this. Now that his console incursion didn't bring him that much money he's back to PC gamers, hoping people forget how much of a douchenozzle he was.

No, I haven't forgotten absolutely nothing. I also saw "Indie Game: The Movie" and do know that he is a very egocentric and introverted person who has hardly his life in control... but hey, he made FEZ and FEZ is an amazingly fun game, so I will support him, especially because he IS a real indie developer.

23. Re: FEZ Coming to Steam Mar 19, 2013, 05:39 ASeven

22. Re: FEZ Coming to Steam Mar 19, 2013, 04:39 Theo

NegaDeath wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 23:20:
The game looks neat, but damn if the guy being an insufferable dick doesn't make it hard to press "buy". Maybe if its in a humble bundle, no excuse when charity is involved.

This; the guys a asshole and i wont give him a cent(or pound in my case). played it round at a friends house, it is awesome.

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

21. Re: FEZ Coming to Steam Mar 19, 2013, 04:11 Jerykk

Consistency please.

20. Re: FEZ Coming to Steam Mar 19, 2013, 03:49 Capitan

Who the hell uses Steam? I hate having to be online to play a game and promise I will never buy a game that requires such.

EA, read this... It was better in good old days!

19. Re: FEZ Coming to Steam Mar 19, 2013, 03:30 Hyatus

I didn't really know much about this game. I watched a documentary on Netflix called...Indie Gamer? Something like that. He was one of the people the film spent time on. He seemed like a pretty big douche. Aside from that, though, the game did look fun.  

18. Re: FEZ Coming to Steam Mar 19, 2013, 01:43 SectorEffector

Prez wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 00:37:
So is FEZ a spreadsheet sim then?

+1

If there was an up vote...

dev's kinda sounds like a douche to PC gamers.... wait for it to be dirt cheap on Steam....
Played it on my dust collected 360, not a bad game as long as its priced around $4.99

17. Re: FEZ Coming to Steam Mar 19, 2013, 00:37 Prez

So is FEZ a spreadsheet sim then?  

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.”
- Mahatma Gandhi

36 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo