Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch

The Gearbox Software Community website has details on a new patch for Aliens: Colonial Marines they say is "now rolling out" on Steam, though it's not mentioned there (thanks Grumbleback). They note the patch is nearly 4 GB, which is the only way possible to surprise anyone with the fact that it's actually "only" about 3.5 GB. Word is this adds all the updates in the recent console patches as well as "several PC-specific changes, notably: improved texture resolution, various visual improvements, the addition of a mouse smoothing option, and some fixes for PC-only crashes." Gearbox Software Support has the detailed patch notes.

General

• Improved texture resolution.
  • Various visual improvements.
  • Added mouse smoothing to options menu.
  • Fixed crashes tied to launch and motion tracker.
  • Added additional safeguards to better protect save data.
  • Resolved an issue where a player's level could sometimes appear incorrect when backing out of a party.
  • Addressed several scenarios under which players could spawn without a weapon.
  • Changes to better prevent audio from sometimes cutting out during end of mission cinematics.
  • Fixed issue where Xeno death animation was not properly calculating momentum of the killing blow.
  • Smart Gun animation now properly tracks targets.
  • Addressed some instances where Xenos would display erratic animations.
  • Increased light radius for player's shoulder lamp.
  • Adjusted aim assist to better reflect player input.
  • Addressed an issue that could sometimes cause co-op player revival to not work under certain circumstances.
  • Addressed issues with players not spawning into a level properly.
  • Fixed a marine player invincibility exploit.
  • Resolved several instances where players could walk or fall outside of maps.
  • Addressed an issue where Ripley’s Flamethrower (bonus content) would sometimes fire continuously without player input.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause localized text to sometimes display incorrectly.
  • Addressed an issue where weapon ammunition was not always highlighted properly.
  • General user interface improvements.
  • Miscellaneous bug fixes.

Campaign

• Tweaked enemy and friendly AI to be more aggressive and responsive.
  • Modified campaign difficulty to account for improved AI responsiveness.
  • Improved enemy collision detection regarding doors and Power Loader.
  • Addressed some issues that could cause improper warping for co-op players.
  • Various tweaks to address instances where NPC characters would not always properly navigate to objectives.
  • Players will no longer bleed out immediately when downed in a Power Loader.

Versus

• Fixed issues that could cause clients to report inaccurate results and statistics.
  • Addressed instances where a map would appear to “pop in” when loading into a new match.
  • New Xeno appearance customization added.
  • Multiplayer teams should now correctly auto-balance between rounds.
  • Increased duration of Lurker Pounce Challenge “Cat-Like Reflexes” from 10 to 20 seconds.
  • Fixed issue where certain multiplayer challenges would not unlock properly for all characters.
  • Crusher pick-ups now correctly appear as highlighted for clients.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch Mar 20, 2013, 08:52 nin

still not even close to the e3 demo they showed. the e3 demo just oozed quality.

Of course. That was a polished marketing tool.

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch Mar 20, 2013, 03:09 bigspender

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm8Yc2fEvHk

still not even close to the e3 demo they showed. the e3 demo just oozed quality. especially in hadleys hope, the lighting and and lightening is superb, it feels like a movie. but not even close in the actual game.

randy pitchford should spend less time being randy and more time being productive

Adults are just children that are allowed to make their own decisions.

22. Re: Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch Mar 19, 2013, 19:18 bigspender

Taskeen wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 08:09:
Updating their graphics or just tweaking the AI won't fix this game. I bought ACM thinking it would be a survival-horror, but its not. They completely missed the point of every alien film, including Aliens. Its basically a disservice to fans and borderline insulting. The story is on par with a 12 year old writing Fan Fiction.

+1

its an action game, and the action itself is terrible lol

Adults are just children that are allowed to make their own decisions.

21. Re: Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch Mar 19, 2013, 08:09 Taskeen

Updating their graphics or just tweaking the AI won't fix this game. I bought ACM thinking it would be a survival-horror, but its not. They completely missed the point of every alien film, including Aliens. Its basically a disservice to fans and borderline insulting. The story is on par with a 12 year old writing Fan Fiction.  

20. Re: Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch Mar 19, 2013, 07:58 TheDevilYouKnow

Sempai wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 05:21:
jdreyer wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 22:28:
killerpony wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 22:14:
Oh, bummer! I read the title and thought that Giant Aliens were being patched in, that sounded cooler than the actual patch notes....

Yeah, that's what I thought, "Giant Aliens" were being put in the game and thought that would be pretty cool.

As for Randy Pitchford being a prick, I wouldn't go that far, but it is pretty amazing that the studio that could release the game considered by many to be game of the year, Borderlands 2, could also release A:CM.

You have a point, but you also confirm my feelings. I paid for the game+the season pass. Being a huge Aliens fan, and the fact Gearbox put out a couple of solid games, and let's not even speak of the plethora of interviews with that fuckin twit assuring us all how the franchise was in good hands, being carefully crafted with love, as he and his team were massive fans.

Now you can say Sempai, it's you're own damn fault for pre-ordering it and giving them your money in the first place! You'd be right. I put my trust in him and his company, and this is why i hope that blowhard gets hit by a fucking bus(not really) for selling me a steamy turd in a box(scam) and has gotten away with it to boot.

Yes.

19. Re: Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch Mar 19, 2013, 07:41 InBlack

Here is a comparable graph with regards to Arma III in a similar time period:

A:CM vs Arma III

I have a nifty blue line!

18. Re: Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch Mar 19, 2013, 07:35 InBlack

Kajetan wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 07:26:
DangerDog wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 01:19:
http://steamgraph.net/index.php?action=graph&appid=49540&from=1361040557

nose dive, boom right into the ground
What does this graph show? People buying a game or people playing an online game on Steam?

People playing a game on Steam.

17. Re: Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch Mar 19, 2013, 07:26 Kajetan

DangerDog wrote on Mar 19, 2013, 01:19:

What does this graph show? People buying a game or people playing an online game on Steam?

16. Re: Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch Mar 19, 2013, 05:23 The Half Elf

Giant patch ruined by the fucking film grain they added to the game that you can't turn off.
Started a new game last night (visually the game now looks like the demo) but couldn't stand the film grain more then 15 mins.

Congrats Gearbox ya keep on fucking up!

"I've never seen a feature like this before. It warms your ass. It's wonderful" -Walter Bishop

15. Re: Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch Mar 19, 2013, 05:21 Sempai

jdreyer wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 22:28:
Oh, bummer! I read the title and thought that Giant Aliens were being patched in, that sounded cooler than the actual patch notes....

Yeah, that's what I thought, "Giant Aliens" were being put in the game and thought that would be pretty cool.

As for Randy Pitchford being a prick, I wouldn't go that far, but it is pretty amazing that the studio that could release the game considered by many to be game of the year, Borderlands 2, could also release A:CM.

You have a point, but you also confirm my feelings. I paid for the game+the season pass. Being a huge Aliens fan, and the fact Gearbox put out a couple of solid games, and let's not even speak of the plethora of interviews with that fuckin twit assuring us all how the franchise was in good hands, being carefully crafted with love, as he and his team were massive fans.

Now you can say Sempai, it's you're own damn fault for pre-ordering it and giving them your money in the first place! You'd be right. I put my trust in him and his company, and this is why i hope that blowhard gets hit by a fucking bus(not really) for selling me a steamy turd in a box(scam) and has gotten away with it to boot.

14. Re: Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch Mar 19, 2013, 04:21 InBlack

Well they already got their money from all of you who preordered. So yeah, trust Gearbox to fuck up another franchise for the next 10 years.

Is this the patch that removes the giant pile of SUCK from the game?

13. Re: Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch Mar 19, 2013, 01:19 DangerDog

12. Re: Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch Mar 19, 2013, 01:18 Drayth

Let me put it this way: If you bought the game and never finished it, or uninstalled in disgust.. the patch actually makes some rather decent improvements to the game.

There is definitely an improvement to the AI, animations on the aliens *are* smoother, and the graphics are more detailed and sharp. It's not just textures.. from my brief play I noticed the grenade toss scene at the dropship now has some extra effects added. Looks better.

For those who don't already own it, Id say it's now worth picking up, but only on a good sale price.

edit-They introduced a non-toggling film grain (Makes it look grainy like they Aliens movie, but the ijits should have made it optional) Mod to turn off the film grain, and a good ini tweak on the first page for the stupid contrast setting they switched to...
http://steamcommunity.com/app/49540/discussions/0/810919057064960555/

This comment was edited on Mar 19, 2013, 02:05.

11. Re: Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch Mar 19, 2013, 00:51 Jivaro

Yosemite Sam wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 22:44:
Wonder if Gearbox sent Maxis a thank you card?

Yeah, no kidding right? Blizzard (Diablo 3) too I imagine.

10. Re: Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch Mar 18, 2013, 23:39 Keith

Yosemite Sam wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 22:44:

Awesome! +1 rep for you, good sir!

9. Re: Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch Mar 18, 2013, 22:44 Yosemite Sam

PSN id PR345, PST - D3, GTA5, Borderlands 2, Grid 2, GTA4, BoS, RDR, GT5, COD WaW, KZ2, RAGE, Dirt2, MC LA, Skate2, LBP, Dead Nation - Wanna jam? Hit me up on PSN, Mention Blues News.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

8. Re: Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch Mar 18, 2013, 22:41 Redmask

nin wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 22:10:
bigspender wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 22:00:
cool, now they only have to fix the rest of the game from sucking

I hadn't followed the actual story of the game closely, but once I heard Hicks was somehow magically back, I lost almost all interest.

But yeah, for $5 at xmas, I'll see what the trainwreck was about...

Not that the Aliens lore is sacred ground but they do stomp all over it in this and much of it is pointless fan service.

7. Re: Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch Mar 18, 2013, 22:28 jdreyer

"It's just a bunch of mystic bovine scatology to me." - 1badmf

6. Re: Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch Mar 18, 2013, 22:14 killerpony

5. Re: Giant Aliens: Colonial Marines Patch Mar 18, 2013, 22:10 nin

bigspender wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 22:00:
cool, now they only have to fix the rest of the game from sucking

I hadn't followed the actual story of the game closely, but once I heard Hicks was somehow magically back, I lost almost all interest.

But yeah, for $5 at xmas, I'll see what the trainwreck was about...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo