Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition?

Amazon.co.uk now lists a PC edition of the Mortal Kombat Game of the Year edition, suggesting the brawler may yet be drop kicked onto the platform. The listing has a June 14th release date, but there is no corresponding listing on Amazon.com or any other seller. Thanks Joao.

View
20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

20. Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Mar 18, 2013, 10:30 Trevellian

Theo wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 05:56:
Trevellian wrote on Mar 17, 2013, 18:47:
Also... MK9 is one of the most used Fighting Games currently in competition. So it may not be in his top 25, but it is certainly in other peoples top 25. Since it came out it has mostly overshadowed the competitive play of SF4 and Tekken at EVO. It's definitely worthy of a Game of the Year edition regardless of this guys opinion.

Is it worthy of a GOTY? well yes, even for casual fighting game fans; the story mode is just good fun. Utter good fun. Its also packed with features; 2v2 team fights, ladder fights, and the challenges etc.

As for the evo comments, not accurate if you ask me; But it has been taken seriously (and that's pretty much a first for a MK game in recent years) so it is good that they put effort in to the actual mechanics (beyond fun) this time around for more serious players.

The online is still a bit of a lagging mess, but its a lot of fu n once you get around the issues. I tend to buy all fighters on the x360 when they come out, and then on the PC when they get them because ill be able to "keep" them for longer past hardware generations.

Most fighting game ports thus far have been good (capcom), lets hope WB/NR do a good job with this one, can only be a good thing.

EVO Comment was more of an opinion, I was never really into Tekken, I always liked DOA more, it was a shame how long it took 5 to come out. So I sort of felt like MK9 overshadowed SF4 and Tekken as far as how good the competitions were. I watched a lot of great bouts in it last year. I do hope the port is good but I won't be buying it, I have the Kollector's Edition on PS3, so I think I gave them enough money. I will pick up Injustice when it comes out though, it looks great. I like the bit of experimentation they've done with the interactive arenas (One of the things I love most about DOA5 actually, though you can't pick anything up, knocking people through multiple levels of an arena always added a nice change to me)

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

19. Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Mar 18, 2013, 05:56 Theo

Trevellian wrote on Mar 17, 2013, 18:47:
Also... MK9 is one of the most used Fighting Games currently in competition. So it may not be in his top 25, but it is certainly in other peoples top 25. Since it came out it has mostly overshadowed the competitive play of SF4 and Tekken at EVO. It's definitely worthy of a Game of the Year edition regardless of this guys opinion.

Is it worthy of a GOTY? well yes, even for casual fighting game fans; the story mode is just good fun. Utter good fun. Its also packed with features; 2v2 team fights, ladder fights, and the challenges etc.

As for the evo comments, not accurate if you ask me; But it has been taken seriously (and that's pretty much a first for a MK game in recent years) so it is good that they put effort in to the actual mechanics (beyond fun) this time around for more serious players.

The online is still a bit of a lagging mess, but its a lot of fu n once you get around the issues. I tend to buy all fighters on the x360 when they come out, and then on the PC when they get them because ill be able to "keep" them for longer past hardware generations.

Most fighting game ports thus far have been good (capcom), lets hope WB/NR do a good job with this one, can only be a good thing.

Everyone on Bluesnews is synical, get over it.
edit: i cant spell, this is my disclaimer.

18. Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Mar 18, 2013, 05:19 InBlack

Jivaro wrote on Mar 18, 2013, 00:04:
Rattlehead wrote on Mar 17, 2013, 23:55:
Fantaz wrote on Mar 17, 2013, 23:21:
Lets be honest, the best thing to come out of this franchise was the movie. The first movie was great, and had good music. I used to play the movie's soundtrack and have the CD in whenever I'd be playing Quake... good times!
Can't tell if serious...

I really hope not...

Yeah...holy shit dude. With that said I played the shit out of MK3 on every PC I could install on it back in the day, oh man the good times at friends' places playing this game on ONE keyboard. It fucking rocked but we had a rule that you couldnt press more than 4 keys at a single time as that would seriously cock block any ability to do a combo....I would like to see this game released on the PC if only for nostalgias sake....

I have a nifty blue line!

17. Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Mar 18, 2013, 00:04 Jivaro

Rattlehead wrote on Mar 17, 2013, 23:55:
Lets be honest, the best thing to come out of this franchise was the movie. The first movie was great, and had good music. I used to play the movie's soundtrack and have the CD in whenever I'd be playing Quake... good times!
Can't tell if serious...

I really hope not...

16. Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Mar 17, 2013, 23:55 Rattlehead

Can't tell if serious...

15. Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Mar 17, 2013, 23:43 NegaDeath

Already have the PS3 version so no interest here, but still nice to see something come to the PC (albeit delayed).

Fantastic game btw. They absolutely nailed this one.

14. Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Mar 17, 2013, 23:21 Fantaz

13. Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Mar 17, 2013, 20:09 Vazz

God I hope this is true. One of the very few console games I wish I could play.  

12. Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Mar 17, 2013, 18:48 J

Cutter wrote on Mar 17, 2013, 15:32:
MORTAL WOMBAT!!!

I see your Mortal Wombat and I raise you... MORTAL KUMQUAT 3!!!

11. Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Mar 17, 2013, 18:47 Trevellian

ViRGE wrote on Mar 17, 2013, 17:52:
JohnBirshire wrote on Mar 17, 2013, 14:39:
What's with these games that weren't even in most people's Top 25 list being called "Game of the Year"?
GOTY is now commonly used and commonly recognized as the flag indicating that it's a re-release, specifically one containing any expansion packs, add-ons, and DLC that was released between the initial release of the game and the release of the GOTY version.

For the Republic
-C22 Waterson of Planetside 2/Tahyang in ArcheAge

10. Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Mar 17, 2013, 18:13 Jerykk

JohnBirshire wrote on Mar 17, 2013, 17:31:
Yes!!! Yes!!! Please give me a cheap port of a console game that came out years ago!!!

You can't really say how cheap the port will be until it's actually released. The Arkham Asylum/City ports were pretty solid so it's not like WB has a reputation for shitty ports.

Anyway, I hope the game does come to PC. There is a distinct lack of fighting games on PC and I'd love to see this change.

9. Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Mar 17, 2013, 17:52 ViRGE

JohnBirshire wrote on Mar 17, 2013, 14:39:
What's with these games that weren't even in most people's Top 25 list being called "Game of the Year"?
GOTY is now commonly used and commonly recognized as the flag indicating that it's a re-release, specifically one containing any expansion packs, add-ons, and DLC that was released between the initial release of the game and the release of the GOTY version.

8. Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Mar 17, 2013, 17:31 JohnBirshire

Yes!!! Yes!!! Please give me a cheap port of a console game that came out years ago!!!

7. Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Mar 17, 2013, 16:49 ASeven

I would buy this. This last MK was pure awesome.  

6. Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Mar 17, 2013, 16:30 Rattlehead

YES!  

5. Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Mar 17, 2013, 15:54 siapnar

I would definitely buy this.

The MK remake is absolutely awesome

I have projectile dysfunction.

4. Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Mar 17, 2013, 15:32 Cutter

MORTAL WOMBAT!!!

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

3. Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Mar 17, 2013, 15:16 Smellfinger

It only took them two-and-a-half years.  

2. Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Mar 17, 2013, 14:39 JohnBirshire

1. Re: Mortal Kombat Game of the Year PC Edition? Mar 17, 2013, 14:38 ItBurn

Holy shit that would be good.  

20 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo