Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Sunday Q&As

View
4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

4. Re: Sunday Q&As Mar 18, 2013, 11:13 Creston

I completely forgot Levine had been involved with System Shock.

Creston

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

3. Re: Sunday Q&As Mar 17, 2013, 23:06 DangerDog

I think he takes too much credit for himself, tries to hard to present himself as an innovator and then fails to deliver on what he blathers on about.

In the first few minutes of the video he goes on about how he wants to break the mold from linear environments and brain dead NPC's etc but that's exactly what Bioshock turned into. It only excelled in creating the illusion of a vibrant world through the atmosphere of the setting. The early demo of the game looked much better than what eventually was released, hmmm sort of like what Randy did with Aliens Colonial Marines.

That's just my opinion, I'm sure to ardent fans of his he can do no wrong.

2. Re: Sunday Q&As Mar 17, 2013, 21:17 Acleacius

I heard an interview last night on NPR, where he was demoing Infinite to a journalist, though I haven't been able to find it to send to Blue. It seem to be something coinciding with South by Southwest, which raps up tonight, iirc. I did watch this interview as well and liked it.

@ DangerDog, guess I need to look up the definition of egotistical, as it sure didn't seem like it to me. Nor did I notice the lie/semi-lie(s) in the video you linked. He/Irrational has been really up front about how much the game changed over development. Afaik Bioshock really did have an effect on FPSs as far as story depth and character interactions with NPCs.

I just finished Far Cry 3 again, v 105 w Swartz Mod, it's such an huge improvement over Far Cry, in almost every way. Now I'm looking forward to trying Tomb Raider next. All these FPS games seem to have improved, yet of course most of these AAA games are far too console centric but I really don't blame Levine for it.

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders.That is easy.All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.It works the same way in any country.

1. Re: Sunday Q&As Mar 17, 2013, 16:19 DangerDog

Just short of 2 hours of Ken Levine's super ego on stage.

I still remember this developer walkthrough of Bioshock 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tc6PUCr_WtQ

Not quite on the level of Randy Pitchford lies but pretty close.

4 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo