Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Saturday Consolidation

View
21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

21. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 18, 2013, 09:05 Verno

The Wii U is overpriced and the software sucks right now, pretty much the bottom line. The gimmicky controller is holding them back from price cuts too.  

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

20. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 17, 2013, 19:00 zombiefan

Where Nintendo failed was introducing motion-controlled gaming with the Wii, then not following it up with the next iteration. MS took the lead with the Kinect and has been reaping the benefits. Silly Nintendo.  

19. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 17, 2013, 12:29 Axis

Ya Bop, my kids enjoy it very much (as well as I admittedly) and your points are spot on  

Yours truly,

Axis

18. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 17, 2013, 07:42 Bopper

I love my Wii U and think it has a bright future, but oh lordy, it has the worst software line-up of any console that I can remember. It has no killer app; Nintendo Land is fun but ultimately forgettable, Mario Wii U was serviceable but underwhelming and Zombi U was a bit of a disappointment.

I was looking forward to Rayman Legends but Ubisoft decided to screw Nintendo royally by postponing the launch to September to allow for simulataneous release with the 360 and PS3 despite the Wii U version being ready.

There are some exciting projects in the works, though and I am really looking forward to them.

- Boppa

Playing: Torchlight 2, Civ V, Pikmin 3

Waiting for: Beyond:Two Souls, Watchdogs, EQNext, a GOOD Alien(s) game/movie

17. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 16, 2013, 23:06 Axis

Redmask wrote on Mar 16, 2013, 12:55:
Axis wrote on Mar 16, 2013, 12:26:
The WII U has a terrible software lineup, that's it's only problem.

No they have several problems, for example their choice of name is pretty unfortunate and leading to brand confusion in the channel within their target demos. I assume the choice was to capitalize on the existing brand but they've failed to do that. Their price point and forced pack in of their tablet controller is very limiting and is frustrating retailers. Lack of software is one of the bigger ones but they are facing an upwards battle with other consoles launching this year and a stingy public who in their minds already bought a "Wii". This feels soft even compared to the 3DS launch.

I don't disagree, but it's ultimately software that drives console sales. I'm genuinely surprised it sold as many units as it has with the piss poor line-up it continues to have.

Yours truly,

Axis

16. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 16, 2013, 22:41 nin

Agent.X7 wrote on Mar 16, 2013, 22:25:
Cutter wrote on Mar 16, 2013, 22:06:
This is the last generation of consoles. There won't be anymore after this. People no longer need them.

What are you, Patcher?

I'm thinking a lot of publishers would strongly disagree with that. Not that we're not long overdue on thinning the herd a bit...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

15. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 16, 2013, 22:25 Agent.X7

Cutter wrote on Mar 16, 2013, 22:06:
This is the last generation of consoles. There won't be anymore after this. People no longer need them.

What are you, Patcher?

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

14. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 16, 2013, 22:06 Cutter

"The South will boogie again!" - Disco Stu

13. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 16, 2013, 21:49 Hellbinder

got a Wii. Really enjoy madden on it with the motion controls for QBing it up. Also love the DBZ game i have for it.

Im going to go Ps4 this time around. i have not bought a sony console for many years. Went Dreamcast - xbox 360 and Wii.. also hvae a PSP... almost forgot about that. Thought Wii-u looked interesting until i red the specs and saw what the other consoles were going to bring.

yeah its time to give sony a shot

(yeah and ill probably get an ouya.. 99 bucks ... sign me up)

The Whales name is Bob.

12. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 16, 2013, 18:01 Agent.X7

Wallshadows wrote on Mar 16, 2013, 16:17:
Colonial Marines will be what makes people buy a Wii U.

L.O.Effing.L.

Colonial Marines wouldn't make people buy a hotdog, let alone a $300 system.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

11. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 16, 2013, 16:51 Julio

I guess that silly tablet controller isn't working out so well for them. Add in nothing you need to play...  

10. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 16, 2013, 16:17 Wallshadows

Colonial Marines will be what makes people buy a Wii U.  

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

9. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 16, 2013, 12:55 Redmask

Axis wrote on Mar 16, 2013, 12:26:

No they have several problems, for example their choice of name is pretty unfortunate and leading to brand confusion in the channel within their target demos. I assume the choice was to capitalize on the existing brand but they've failed to do that. Their price point and forced pack in of their tablet controller is very limiting and is frustrating retailers. Lack of software is one of the bigger ones but they are facing an upwards battle with other consoles launching this year and a stingy public who in their minds already bought a "Wii". This feels soft even compared to the 3DS launch.

8. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 16, 2013, 12:45 Agent.X7

If they don't turn things around quick, I think this will be their last console. They do great portable systems, but the target market for the WiiU barely knows it exists. I get a ton of people every day asking if it is the new Nintendo portable, or an add on for the Wii, etc.

They'd be better off making games for other consoles anyway. Put Mario on PS3 and 360 and watch how fast it sells. A lot of people love Nintendo IPs, but don't want to buy a system for a couple of Mario, Zelda, and MEtroid games.

Origin - JStarX7
STEAM - Agent.X7
PSN - JStar_X7
Xbox Live - Agent X7

7. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 16, 2013, 12:39 nin

Also, why would you call it "Wii U" when you already released a Wii system. So dumb.

Your chances may have been greated had you released the "Wii U" first, and then a Wii console afterwards, maybe.

It's amazing, sometimes I don't even have to look to the right who see who posted...

http://www.nin.com/pub/tension/

6. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 16, 2013, 12:35 deqer

Because no one asked for a Wii U?

Also, why would you call it "Wii U" when you already released a Wii system. So dumb.

Your chances may have been greated had you released the "Wii U" first, and then a Wii console afterwards, maybe.

5. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 16, 2013, 12:26 Axis

Yours truly,

Axis

4. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 16, 2013, 12:22 Saboth

Personally, I felt silly after getting a Wii, years ago. Lots of hype. I tried for weeks to get one, and finally did, then it sat and collected dust. The 10 year old graphics were a big turnoff. The WiiU finally catches up to Xbox 360 graphics about 7 years later, just as Xbox and PS3 are about to jump way ahead again.  

3. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 16, 2013, 11:20 Silicon Avatar

I'll look at Wii U when Zelda and some of the other games I want come out. Maybe by then the price will be down some too.

I'm guessing a lot of people are in the same boat.

2. Re: Saturday Consolidation Mar 16, 2013, 10:01 Redmask

Maybe mom and dad are too broke and figure they already have a Wii. They need a killer app and haven't provided one. It could be the sign of a generational shift too, many children are now growing up playing mobile platform games.  

21 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo