Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month

EA has sent out invitations for a Battlefield 4 unveiling event on March 26th at the Game Developer's Conference. BF4 Central shows the invite, which says we should learn more about the next installment in the military first-person shooter series beginning at 7:00 pm PDT that day.

View
24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

24. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month Mar 17, 2013, 12:49 Flak

siapnar wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 20:56:
Side note: The End Game maps are AWESOME.

You have to hand it to DICE for their level design sometimes.

Really? Like how the sun glares in the eyes of the RU side on the train-track CTF map creating an obvious imbalance and migraine-inducing effect of constantly having your monitor flash pure white over and over again? Yeah, genius design!!!

DICE are clowns, I suppose Damavand Peak and Operation Metro are all-timers as well...

Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

23. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month Mar 17, 2013, 12:45 Flak

Redmask wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 20:14:
After the way EA has handled SimCity I'm not touching their games until they've seemed to learn their lesson.

Lol give your head a shake, you honestly think:

1) EA learned their lesson?
2) EA actually gives a flying squirrel fuck about their customers?

At this point, it's just battered wife's syndrome. EA smacks us around a bit, hurts our feelings, we threaten to do something about it, and then they lie about promised futures and we believe them and go back with open arms and a big dumb grin. Please EA, for the love of Christ put us out of our misery already!

22. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month Mar 17, 2013, 12:23 fawker

Frags4Fun wrote on Mar 16, 2013, 17:52:
If BF4 has scope glare/glint, I'm not interested. That kills the game imho. The people who cry about it being too hard without it shouldn't be playing war games.

I miss the good old days of trying to hunt down snipers, even it took 8 respawns to find the bastard. It was much more satisfying once you finally found them than looking in the direction of the fire and seeing a giant glowing scope that's brighter than the sun. I'm sick of developers removing the challenges that we would face in a real life situation. I'm not saying BF is all that realistic, but still.

EDIT: I agree with the other comments about cheats. The game is full of hard to detect cheats. Go look at the list of cheats (if you aren't aware of them) that are out there and you'll understand that the game is pretty much ruined. I still do quite well against the cheaters though, so their skills must be god-awful without them.

Getting killed 8 times looking for a sniper doesn't sound remotely fun.

21. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month Mar 16, 2013, 17:52 Frags4Fun

If BF4 has scope glare/glint, I'm not interested. That kills the game imho. The people who cry about it being too hard without it shouldn't be playing war games.

I miss the good old days of trying to hunt down snipers, even it took 8 respawns to find the bastard. It was much more satisfying once you finally found them than looking in the direction of the fire and seeing a giant glowing scope that's brighter than the sun. I'm sick of developers removing the challenges that we would face in a real life situation. I'm not saying BF is all that realistic, but still.

EDIT: I agree with the other comments about cheats. The game is full of hard to detect cheats. Go look at the list of cheats (if you aren't aware of them) that are out there and you'll understand that the game is pretty much ruined. I still do quite well against the cheaters though, so their skills must be god-awful without them.

This comment was edited on Mar 16, 2013, 17:57.

20. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month Mar 16, 2013, 17:11 jamiedj99

i realy hope they use something other then punkbuster because it is pretty usless to stop the hack services you can buy  

19. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month Mar 16, 2013, 16:12 Ant

Dacron wrote on Mar 16, 2013, 16:11:
But it'll have better graphics!!!11!!!1!!!!11!

I still have BF2 on my desk for crying out loud
Me too. I never got BF3 (no time and unsupported in XP Pro. SP3), BC2 (played its beta which was cool), etc.

This comment was edited on Mar 16, 2013, 17:23.

Ant @ The Ant Farm: http://antfarm.ma.cx and Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net ...

18. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month Mar 16, 2013, 16:11 Dacron

But it'll have better graphics!!!11!!!1!!!!11!

I still have BF2 on my desk for crying out loud

17. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month Mar 16, 2013, 09:44 arnold

still the same boring millitary shooter...over and over again..  

16. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month Mar 16, 2013, 05:09 vrok

I've played every single Battlefield PC game so far, but really EA... No one ever asked for this. BF3 still has a lot of life in it. They might surprise me but this feels like a pure cash grab. Spam map pack DLCs (even though you made fun of CoD for doing it because it's simply stupid to fragment the player base) for a year and move on to next game ASAP so it all becomes useless so people can buy bad maps all over again.

Guess they missed the train with micro transactions in BF3 since everyone was already maxed out when they released it, so better hurry up and release a 'new game' that has them from the beginning! $$!

Can't wait for sub-par console UI bullshit and flags 100 meters apart for a year too because they lied about lead platform again.

This comment was edited on Mar 16, 2013, 08:40.

15. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month Mar 16, 2013, 04:38 DangerDog

Cutter wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 22:14:
Purchase ARMA III instead.

Totally different flavor of shooter, and I'm sorry but BiS will never be able to compete with the likes of Battlefield on so many levels - unfortunately. Animation, sound, particle effects, physics, destruction.

I like Arma III as well but it feels like it's carrying along too much baggage from the first two and I don't see that changing from the alpha to final product.

I'm sure EA will try to do their best and piss off more people with their BF4 plans, not sure what that would be though. BF3 already has microtransactions - you can pay to unlock weapons and add-ons quicker, DLC and more season passes - expected. Maybe they'll make all extra textures for the weapons microtrasactions.

14. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month Mar 15, 2013, 22:14 Cutter

Purchase ARMA III instead.

"Nobody wants to be nobody in America. Ed is the apotheosis of a prevailing American syndrome. It used to be that someone became famous because they were special. Now people are considered special just for being famous. Fame, itself, is its own virtue.

13. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month Mar 15, 2013, 21:47 entr0py

If you take the Battlefield series as a whole they've been cranking it out at this rate ever since the first game, with a new game every couple of years.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield_series

So, the problem isn't that DICE has started making games too quickly, it's that they've stopped rotating among settings and trying new things. And I suspect that wasn't their choice.

12. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month Mar 15, 2013, 21:41 William Usher

Redmask wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 20:14:
After the way EA has handled SimCity I'm not touching their games until they've seemed to learn their lesson.

This.

I'm absolutely frightened that the gaming community's short attention span and gaming media's salivating-wolf mentality for hits will erase all of EA's past media transgressions to hype up, promote and sell Battlefield 4.

As much as I admire and praise DICE's talent as designers (Mirror's Edge = love) I can't see myself getting excited at all about Battlefield 4 while EA's poor reputation is the only thing I can think about whenever I see that logo plastered on a brand.

11. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month Mar 15, 2013, 21:04 CrimsonPaw

siapnar wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 20:56:
End Game was just released this week...
And this is my problem; they seem to be working towards annualizing this franchise with it's DLC and releases so close together. Granted the BF4 release will most likely be late this year/early next year (to coencide with a new console lauch I suspect), but that's not enough time for people to "miss" the game yet. BF2 to BF3, THAT'S the right timeframe IMO. Then again, BF2 seemed like a much deeper game than BF3, so it's possible the're just hurring it up to dumb it down.

~~Crim~~

10. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month Mar 15, 2013, 20:56 siapnar

End Game was just released this week...

BF4 had better change the military shooter in an innovative way, or this is very unnecessary.

Side note: The End Game maps are AWESOME.

You have to hand it to DICE for their level design sometimes.

I have projectile dysfunction.

9. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month Mar 15, 2013, 20:14 Redmask

8. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month Mar 15, 2013, 20:12 Gib007

Yay, BF4 - the next one. BF5 after that. Then BF6. Oh and BF7 afterwards. So cool...
Mind you, I strongly prefer it over the CoD series but damn, nowadays it's all about endless annual or two-year sequels. It's no longer about quality, but about quantity and lots of it (with DLC) for extra annual revenue.

7. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month Mar 15, 2013, 20:09 ASeven

And the hype train begins. Buy BF4 and get less features for more money! PC is the leading platform, honest, until the day it isn't!  

6. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month Mar 15, 2013, 20:06 JAGUART

They should just save you the trouble, and just include all the hacks with purchase.  
"I like to play female characters in MMORPGs to trick men into homosexual chat." - space captain, June 18th, 2009.

5. Re: Battlefield 4 Reveal This Month Mar 15, 2013, 20:06 DangerDog

Fantaz wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 19:50:
After EA handled Medal of Honor Warfighter, I'd be a bit cautious in purchasing another military shooter from these guys... Warfighter left quite a bat taste in gamers mouths, and they sort of connected the games when you could get into the BF4 beta by pre-ordering Warfighter.

DICE didn't make Warfighter, it just used the Frostbite engine.

They did that same early access to the beta thing for Battlefield 3, didn't amount to more than one week early access.

I'm more concerned that the modern war setting being too played out, ready for a BF2143 game more than Battlefield 3 part II. They've already explored the classic venues with the Karkand expansion, rehashing wake island yet again will be like beating a dead horse.

24 Replies. 2 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 2 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo