Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Mage's Initiation Demo

A new Kickstarter update for Mage's Initiation now offers a playable alpha demo for Himalaya Studios' upcoming adventure/RPG inspired by the classic Sierra On-Line games from back in the day. For those interested in more on the project, they will be holding an AMA on reddit tomorrow at 1:00 pm EDT. Here's word on the demo:

This demo provides a very early look at Mage's Initiation, based on the current alpha build. As such, it may have some bugs and is lacking a few features that will appear in the finished game -- it's very much a work in progress! Besides giving backers and potential backers a peek behind the curtain, the team is hoping to gather feedback about the interface and combat system that will inform the game's development moving forward.

View
6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

6. Re: Mage's Initiation Demo Mar 16, 2013, 16:37 Cutter

DrEvil wrote on Mar 16, 2013, 16:04:
Cutter wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 22:11:
Don't they understand that the earlybird tiers turn a lot of people off. So I'm supposed to pay $10 or $20 more for the same game because I didn't get in immedaitely? PASS!

How else would you suggest they get support early on in a kickstarter project without involving physical goods? Support early on in a kickstarter project a crucial to reaching funding. Almost every kickstarter project for a game I've seen does this.

Instead of whining about how you missed out on the sale, it would have been nice to see a useful evaluation of their work.

You're the one whining. I'm explaining a simple and important fact of sales. Good thing you're not in business, you'd last all of a week.

"We choose the right to be who we are. We know the difference between the reality of freedom and the illusion of freedom."
Reply Quote Edit Delete Report

5. Re: Mage's Initiation Demo Mar 16, 2013, 16:04 DrEvil

Cutter wrote on Mar 15, 2013, 22:11:
Don't they understand that the earlybird tiers turn a lot of people off. So I'm supposed to pay $10 or $20 more for the same game because I didn't get in immedaitely? PASS!

How else would you suggest they get support early on in a kickstarter project without involving physical goods? Support early on in a kickstarter project a crucial to reaching funding. Almost every kickstarter project for a game I've seen does this.

Instead of whining about how you missed out on the sale, it would have been nice to see a useful evaluation of their work.

4. Re: Mage's Initiation Demo Mar 16, 2013, 16:00 DrEvil

nin wrote on Mar 16, 2013, 12:06:
I've been in at $20 for awhile, as most of the physical stuff doesn't interest me. That, and Delver's Drop and Torment have kind of broke me...

But the project looks good, and I hope it does well for them. They seem like a talented group of folks.

These folks did a lot of work with Lori and Cori cole if I'm not mistaken in the past.

3. Re: Mage's Initiation Demo Mar 16, 2013, 12:06 nin

I've been in at $20 for awhile, as most of the physical stuff doesn't interest me. That, and Delver's Drop and Torment have kind of broke me...

But the project looks good, and I hope it does well for them. They seem like a talented group of folks.

At least I didn't buy Evolve.

2. Re: Mage's Initiation Demo Mar 15, 2013, 22:16 Blahman

Well it didn't turn me off. Either you want to support them or you don't. I don't care that someone "got away" with donating less. It just doesn't matter to me.  

1. Re: Mage's Initiation Demo Mar 15, 2013, 22:11 Cutter

"We choose the right to be who we are. We know the difference between the reality of freedom and the illusion of freedom."

6 Replies. 1 pages. Viewing page 1.
< Newer [ 1 ] Older >

footer

Blue's News logo